Exclusive teaser trailer!!!

Started by Darkoo, Mar 12, 2012, 09:41:30 AM

Author
Exclusive teaser trailer!!! (Read 92,531 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

I just realized something that's really terrifying: Mutant Space Zombie kinda looks like Ian McDiarmid when he "turns" in that horrible STAR WARS prequel  :P :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9aPta_LajU#ws

"No, no, NO!!!1!"
PROMETHEUS being the ALIEN series' answer to the hideous STAR WARS prequels is my absolute greatest fear with this film. :-\

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

You fear too much, sistuh.

Cvalda

Cvalda

I hope you're right. I really do.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Good lord, we really need this trailer.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 16, 2012, 04:03:58 AMThough to be honest it doesn't sound too different from "the change" in the William Gibson A3 script. http://www.awesomefilm.com/script/Alien3.txt
I was thinking more of it growing around you, sort of taking you over from the outside in, rather than the inside out. Like the way some parasitic trees grow around the bark of a host tree and use it for sustenance, eventually replacing the host tree entirely. I don't mind that so much - the transformation in the A3 script is still a bit generic IMO.

-Chris

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 16, 2012, 05:37:40 AM
I don't mind that so much - the transformation in the A3 script is still a bit generic IMO.
God, that script was awful. To think there are actually people out there who believe it would have been better than the Hill/Giler/Ward ALIENĀ³.  :-X

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 16, 2012, 05:37:40 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 16, 2012, 04:03:58 AMThough to be honest it doesn't sound too different from "the change" in the William Gibson A3 script. http://www.awesomefilm.com/script/Alien3.txt
I was thinking more of it growing around you, sort of taking you over from the outside in, rather than the inside out. Like the way some parasitic trees grow around the bark of a host tree and use it for sustenance, eventually replacing the host tree entirely. I don't mind that so much - the transformation in the A3 script is still a bit generic IMO.

-Chris

Reminds me of PARADISE...

As for the bust, i seriously doubt it's anything close to what Fifield end up being.
First, because in the image where he's throwing the crew member you can make a huge bubbly head.
Second, i really doubt that Ridley would say "THE alien is no longer scary, he's in Disneyland" and end up having a quasi alien minus the penishead.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

^Welcome NGR01. I always keep PARADISE in mind. I think there is more in it than we thought.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Eva on Mar 15, 2012, 12:42:15 PM
If the engineers turn out to be our makers/Gods, were we only created to become a reduced and disposable part of their lifecycle and not a civilization in our own right? Ridley said this much - that the crew would confront a civilization demonstrating a very uncivilized behaviour.
I believe, this one can make a proper film's scheme on its right to creep you out just with this abhorrent revelation about the aim of mankind existence (in the context of Ridley's citation) alone, without showing picturesque massacre episodes. Disturbing notion would last in your mind for much longer, than remembrances of gorish scenes.

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Mar 15, 2012, 05:28:01 PM
I think the future of film making will be based on this phenomenon. Basically it will be 'movie mods' that audiences can tailor make/tweak to suit there own cinematic appetites based on a core set of elements produced by the film company.
In the epoch of overwhelming social media, it sounds like a rightful idea. With my every day coming to these boards, I'm getting more and further convinced in my suspicion, that some cycling here ideas are far much fascinating over what we get on screen these days!

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Mar 15, 2012, 06:05:19 PM
Is it a dead SJ or a discarded SJ Suit?  :)
There was also a surmise the decapitated figure might be a broken statue of SJ or whoever they were. Just saying  ;)

Quote from: Dorian Gray on Mar 16, 2012, 02:15:14 AM
Anyway, my thought is this might actually really be the creature that the guy mutates into.

http://i.imgur.com/pujH1.png
Oh my! I do want to contemplate the side of this bust! Were there any photos from that angle?  ;)
But even despite of this new stunning (proto-Xeno's?) exposition, I still can't reconcile myself to concept of crew member mutation... Probably, I need a time  :-\

Kol

Kol

Quote from: Dorian Gray on Mar 16, 2012, 04:02:12 AM
...and this guy who looks like he's wearing a xeno head drinking out of a bottle of water.

where'd you get that picture from? teaser? trailer? or the teaser for the trailers?  ???

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 16, 2012, 10:38:17 AM
^Welcome NGR01. I always keep PARADISE in mind. I think there is more in it than we thought.

Thanks ;)
Likewise about KFS and PARADISE.
The main plot point missing from the two is the old weyland, who is clearly in my mind part of the Prometheus' crew (and also the main bad guy but we'll see...).

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

^A lot of lines are missing in both but I think that some of our theories finds their best answers in KFS and more in PARADISE. Every time I saw a news (Info, pic, trailer, leak...), I think about what's wrote in both.

bunnyavpg

bunnyavpg

Quote from: Kol on Mar 16, 2012, 11:27:55 AM

where'd you get that picture from? teaser? trailer? or the teaser for the trailers?  ???

That's Kate Dickie's character (Mudow?) when she and Shaw are investigating the SJ head. It's from one of the initial 3 day teasers.

DendaReloaded

DendaReloaded

in how many hours will it be approx on the inet?

Jenga

Jenga

Quote from: Dorian Gray on Mar 16, 2012, 02:15:14 AM
Anyway, my thought is this might actually really be the creature that the guy mutates into.

http://i.imgur.com/pujH1.png

I know that the bust was sold online, but there were only a few and they were sold around the time that Prometheus probably began to wrap. 

Other notes:

I also read a message from a guy (which I can't find now) who wrote that the person who posted this photo on IMDB was getting all kinds of cease and desist letters and orders to remove the image immediately.

Finally, if a human did transform into some sort of creature, what might it look like in Giger's world?  This bust has aspects of a human whose skin has been removed and the xenomorph.

Well, that's my guess.  It may seem ridiculous to some, but I thought I'd take a chance and put myself out here.

FALSE! This is absolutely false! I've seen this bust before at the Monsterpalooza 2011 tradeshow (which was almost a year ago today) and it was merely a collector's item from one of Giger's necronomicon books that was on full display and for sale by Magee FX. I even took a picture of it. NOT a secret or from prometheus!!!.

Here is my picture: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/840/img0101smallu.jpg/

here is Magee FX website (which does not display this creature because it is copyrighted I'm guessing): mageefx.com

and here is a really blurry youtube video where you can see the bust alongside their yeti creature: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H278jfZaACc#

Myth busted!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed