NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,689 times)

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: bobcunk on Mar 15, 2016, 06:46:12 AM
I just saw saw the new avp at toyrus last week, they are all over $30 now and the avp 2 pack is almost 80! im sure i saw it before Christmas for under 50?

I want a good looking figure but i want to be able to play with it and not have it break. even if its for adult collector, with all of the new joints it seams to want to be played with. but it may be better and cheaper to just buy the old kenner ones online.. I fjust just got Lazershot.
$30?!? Where do you live?? At my local they are $22 each

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Mar 17, 2016, 02:38:59 AM
I just saw saw the new avp at toyrus last week, they are all over $30 now and the avp 2 pack is almost 80! im sure i saw it before Christmas for under 50?

I want a good looking figure but i want to be able to play with it and not have it break. even if its for adult collector, with all of the new joints it seams to want to be played with. but it may be better and cheaper to just buy the old kenner ones online.. I fjust just got Lazershot.

Yeah, those prices sounds more like something you'd see on EBay. Not Toys "r" Us or some other retail shop. Atleast in my experience, I haven't ever seen NECA  two packs cost more than $30. No more than $50 for their 1/4th scale stuff.

elemental-of-all

elemental-of-all

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Mar 17, 2016, 02:54:56 PM

Yeah, those prices sounds more like something you'd see on EBay. Not Toys "r" Us or some other retail shop. Atleast in my experience, I haven't ever seen NECA  two packs cost more than $30. No more than $50 for their 1/4th scale stuff.

I'd kill for figures that cheap.
1/4 scale figs here are well over $100
Normal 7" figs push 40 each.

It's killing to hobby for me tbh

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: elemental-of-all on Mar 17, 2016, 05:28:40 PM
Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Mar 17, 2016, 02:54:56 PM

I'd kill for figures that cheap.
1/4 scale figs here are well over $100
Normal 7" figs push 40 each.

It's killing to hobby for me tbh

Woah! I can see how this hobby is strangling you're wallet. As cool as their figures are, with the hit and miss paint jobs and mass breakages, $70 a figure is crazy. That's robbery if I've ever seen it.

bobcunk

bobcunk

In Ontario, Canada. Maybe it the exchange rate they never used to be that price. But it evens out I guise since the Canadian wage is double the states right now I think.

Corporal Hicks

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Yea the prices for Neca figures here in Canada sucks! Lucky if you find just a normal single 7" figure for under $30. Double packs are sitting in the 50-$60 range. That's why I don't have too many of them. I got the double Genocide pack & then a single Series 2 Blue Xenomorph but I have no Predators yet. The newer Queen goes for about $200 & the Power Loader around $140. Unless you have a job making big bucks (which I do not), there's not a hell of a lot being bought & when something finally does get bought, you gotta be picky & choosy on which one you want to spend your cash on. At least that's how it goes for me anyway. Sometimes being Canadian does not pay off well when you're a collector.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 18, 2016, 06:21:16 PM
http://news.toyark.com/2016/03/18/aliens-creature-pack-pre-orders-may-go-live-today-199589

They did. I preordered mine on BBTS. Says a June release, like with the Scarface Predator I also preordered. We'll see if that remains true though. Either way, I'm stoked.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Mar 18, 2016, 08:27:29 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 18, 2016, 06:21:16 PM
http://news.toyark.com/2016/03/18/aliens-creature-pack-pre-orders-may-go-live-today-199589

They did. I preordered mine on BBTS. Says a June release, like with the Scarface Predator I also preordered. We'll see if that remains true though. Either way, I'm stoked.
i'm hoping to find one in my local area but I think I'll pick up 2 at least.

Vark_

Vark_

Quote from: XenoZipper on Mar 18, 2016, 07:01:20 PMUnless you have a job making big bucks (which I do not), there's not a hell of a lot being bought & when something finally does get bought, you gotta be picky & choosy on which one you want to spend your cash on. At least that's how it goes for me anyway. Sometimes being Canadian does not pay off well when you're a collector.
Same goes here in Europe, my online detaillers in France or the UK sell each figure around 30€, 3-packs sell around 70-90€, and huge ones like the queen / loader / 1:4 scale figures no less than 120-150€ (+ 10€ shippng in any case).
Prices for series 1 were not that high, I can tell (I paid 60€ for the 3-pack), this is getting insane... since we're talking plastic action figures, that really starts to hurt. Apart of the room problem, with these prices I obviously have to make choices, as far as I'm concerned.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Vark_ on Mar 20, 2016, 01:53:52 PM
Quote from: XenoZipper on Mar 18, 2016, 07:01:20 PMUnless you have a job making big bucks (which I do not), there's not a hell of a lot being bought & when something finally does get bought, you gotta be picky & choosy on which one you want to spend your cash on. At least that's how it goes for me anyway. Sometimes being Canadian does not pay off well when you're a collector.
Same goes here in Europe, my online detaillers in France or the UK sell each figure around 30€, 3-packs sell around 70-90€, and huge ones like the queen / loader / 1:4 scale figures no less than 120-150€ (+ 10€ shippng in any case).
Prices for series 1 were not that high, I can tell (I paid 60€ for the 3-pack), this is getting insane... since we're talking plastic action figures, that really starts to hurt. Apart of the room problem, with these prices I obviously have to make choices, as far as I'm concerned.
That is insane. Trust me, if I did not have the room I would have had to downsize my collection. I probably still will at some point.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

hey guys, been forever! (dunno if some of you remember me, or most just new fellas to the site, if so welcome) anyways I figured I pay a visit, I looked at the stuff so far, and I like the ALIENS creature pack. it's cool we're getting chestbursters again. we got them for AvP-R's Wolf Predator clone army. but these look way more accurate! the queen facehugger looks cool though personally I can live without it. I still wish NECA would release some dioramas as stand alone. they'd be great!

I have gotten the Alien queen, she's beautiful on display, makes me proud I could get her when I did. she really does bring the room together! I also have the AvP Alien Warrior (AMAZING figure, you can absolutely despise the Alien design, but god damn if NECA doesn't remedy that with amazing sculpt and paint. I actually prefer it to the grid Xeno.

I also got chopper and Celtic Predator. again awefully made in the film, but NECA fixes the errors and make them way cooler! I did however customize mine a tad and plan to do some paint work on mine. (namely on Celtic)

and lastly I have the Isolation Alien, Mr. Stompy. the sculpt is awesome as usual. unfortunately i got a bad apple. the wire in the tail in mine was either broken, or not looped at the base of the tail like it should. the overbite of the mouth was really messed up (like it was pulled out of the mold way too quickly), and the elbow joint on the left arm was warped, the joints were ungodly loose at the reverse knee it should be a sin. otherwise it looks amazing and I've already parts swapped with the old NECA 35th xeno that broke. Part of me blames Mold Cast degradation (it happens all the time to Hasbro Transformer toys and Marvel Legends toys when the mold of a figure or toy is used for far too long that it starts to become worn out). I will however fix the tail, and I've already replaced the head with the other figure I had.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: TITANOSAUR on Mar 26, 2016, 10:02:29 AM
hey guys, been forever! (dunno if some of you remember me, or most just new fellas to the site, if so welcome) anyways I figured I pay a visit, I looked at the stuff so far, and I like the ALIENS creature pack. it's cool we're getting chestbursters again. we got them for AvP-R's Wolf Predator clone army. but these look way more accurate! the queen facehugger looks cool though personally I can live without it. I still wish NECA would release some dioramas as stand alone. they'd be great!

I have gotten the Alien queen, she's beautiful on display, makes me proud I could get her when I did. she really does bring the room together! I also have the AvP Alien Warrior (AMAZING figure, you can absolutely despise the Alien design, but god damn if NECA doesn't remedy that with amazing sculpt and paint. I actually prefer it to the grid Xeno.

I also got chopper and Celtic Predator. again awefully made in the film, but NECA fixes the errors and make them way cooler! I did however customize mine a tad and plan to do some paint work on mine. (namely on Celtic)

and lastly I have the Isolation Alien, Mr. Stompy. the sculpt is awesome as usual. unfortunately i got a bad apple. the wire in the tail in mine was either broken, or not looped at the base of the tail like it should. the overbite of the mouth was really messed up (like it was pulled out of the mold way too quickly), and the elbow joint on the left arm was warped, the joints were ungodly loose at the reverse knee it should be a sin. otherwise it looks amazing and I've already parts swapped with the old NECA 35th xeno that broke. Part of me blames Mold Cast degradation (it happens all the time to Hasbro Transformer toys and Marvel Legends toys when the mold of a figure or toy is used for far too long that it starts to become worn out). I will however fix the tail, and I've already replaced the head with the other figure I had.
Welcome back good sir! Yeah they really have been doing a bang-up job on all these new figures. Really takes the sting out of those who truly hate or despise the films.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Mar 26, 2016, 04:36:59 PM

Welcome back good sir! Yeah they really have been doing a bang-up job on all these new figures. Really takes the sting out of those who truly hate or despise the films.

agreed, I think it's because NECA makes them more like an actual creature, and not like a suit.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: TITANOSAUR on Mar 26, 2016, 06:51:25 PM
Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Mar 26, 2016, 04:36:59 PM

agreed, I think it's because NECA makes them more like an actual creature, and not like a suit.
Absolutely. And their other figures as well, even the concept stuff and Kenner tributes. They all look great for the price.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed