More Comic-Con 2011 details released.

Started by RoaryUK, Jul 07, 2011, 06:45:43 PM

Author
More Comic-Con 2011 details released. (Read 31,736 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

Not much of an official first photo but it feels like ALIEN. Looks like Fassbender is skipping.

ikarop

ikarop

I think it's legit. One of the props looks exactly like one from the recent leaked pics.

Blacklabel

Quote from: ikarop on Jul 21, 2011, 07:33:56 PM
Mmmh? http://twitter.com/#!/BrianTooFab/status/94127369291448320

Anyone recognizes it from another movie? I'm not sure of what this is.

Looks like the stuff we saw from the Iceland set... seems legit... black sand... the mechanical "leg"....

Aliens are back in space madafaka!  :D

maddriver

That picture has an '80 vibe to it...I don't know why.
Which is good btw

ikarop

ikarop

http://twitter.com/#!/CP_Live/statuses/94143522004938752

They say they are about to interview the cast.

Guy Pierce is there too apparently.

Gazz

Has anyone got a live update of the panel?

Pn2501

QuoteEarlier today, Comic Con audiences got their first look at Ridley Scott's Prometheus and the director himself showed up, via satellie from Iceland, to join in the fun. Part of the news is that Scott is, in fact, shooting Prometheus in 3D and to that point he made the following shocking statement.

I'll never work without 3D again, even for small dialogue scenes.

Is the man behind Blade Runner, Gladiator and Alien really leaving two dimensions behind? How is he using 3D in Prometheus? And what does his screenwriter Damon Lindelof think about it? Read Scott's full quote and more after the jump.

Here's what Scott said during the panel.

3D has been a wonderful exercise but I was brought up as a camera operator so its really about lensing and all that kind of stuff. So with the help I've had from a wonderful cameraman and his technical team its been, for me, a pretty straight forward ride. That said I'll never work without 3D again, even for small dialogue scenes. I love the whole process. 3D opens up the universe of even a small dialogue scene so I've been very impressed with that.

To add that that, earlier in the day at the Prometheus press conference, co-screenwriter Damon Lindelof – who found himself as the mouthpiece for the movie since Scott was still shooting in Iceland – described a bit more about Scott's choice and how Prometheus is doing things a little different:

When Ridley decided to film in 3D, he understood [lighting] was going to be one of the profound challenges and I think one of the things that was important to him was, in terms of the constructions of the sets, that the movie was shot on sound stages in Pinewood. Just these humongous, expansive sets. Everything is built. If you're building a ship, he just built the ship.....I've never been on the set of a movie that's actually shooting 3D before. Anytime you walk into video village there are essentially five massive video screens. You walk in, get a pair of glasses and you can see the shot and suddenly you understood, even on the production design level – the movie was designed by this guy Arthur Max who did Fight Club – 'Oh my god, they actually designed this movie for 3D.' Ridley is a shot maker. He makes beautiful art. So the idea of going in post and putting things in there digitally is not going to happen in this movie. Therefore, I feel any movie that's going to be in 3D has to answer the question, 'Can you justify this being in 3D? Why should it be in 3D?' I think the answer to that question for Prometheus is it creates a very immersive environment. The idea that you're in sometimes very confined spaces, sometimes very wide open spaces. But the only way to trick your brain into feeling you're in the movie, going through these experiences with these characters, is that the 3D helps bring you into that immersive environment and just based on what ive seen so far I think probably one the most visionary and visual directors in the world is finally using this medium, I think its going to be pretty special.

Do you agree? And do you think Scott will stand by that word?

slashfilm.

Space Voyager

He understands the immersive potential of the new tool.  :-*

JaaayDee

So Squid hasn't gotten back to us yet.  This has me worried....has he been caught or what?  If he did or did not record the footage he would have told us by now.

Squidlovez

Sorry guys for the waiting, unfortunately I wasn't able to record any footage. I wanted post everything I saw on the panel (which looks stunning!) but the wireless connection at the panel was really slow and with all the descriptions that are now available, I can't really say nothing that may be actually new. I feel bad for not bringing anything to you. The only thing I can share is answers, if you want to ask me anything about the panel, please feel free to ask.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

QuoteI wasn't able to record any footage

Explain this.

Oh, and what designs did you see in the clip that looked modern and futuristic?  Did you see any holography in the ship interiors?  Or was everything akin to what we saw in the Nostromo?  Or was it a blend of both?

Lonely Universe

Quote from: Squidlovez on Jul 22, 2011, 08:16:45 PMThe only thing I can share is answers, if you want to ask me anything about the panel, please feel free to ask.

Can you describe in as vivid detail as you can remember exactly how the creature being incinerated by a flamethower looked? I've heard reports that it appeared extremely similar to the xeno we know, complete with the same tail. Is this true?

JaaayDee

Oh, and did the logo at the end of the footage look like this?:

Ryu

Did you see any, WY( weyland yutani )logo?
Did you see any, reference to H. R. Giger, who tells of the creatures?
The atmosphere of the film is similar to the original?

Squidlovez

Quote from: JaaayDee on Jul 22, 2011, 08:18:36 PM
QuoteI wasn't able to record any footage

Explain this.

Oh, and what designs did you see in the clip that looked modern and futuristic?  Did you see any holography in the ship interiors?  Or was everything akin to what we saw in the Nostromo?  Or was it a blend of both?

Everything was futuristic, the human ship's interior looked a lot like the Nostromo,with lots of yellow lights and really greyish. it was a little bit of both, there was even a comparison of the dining room of the Nostromo and a room in the ship that was almost identical in design
Quote from: 8bitAngel on Jul 22, 2011, 08:20:48 PM
Quote from: Squidlovez on Jul 22, 2011, 08:16:45 PMThe only thing I can share is answers, if you want to ask me anything about the panel, please feel free to ask.

Can you describe in as vivid detail as you can remember exactly how the creature being incinerated by a flamethower looked? I've heard reports that it appeared extremely similar to the xeno we know, complete with the same tail. Is this true?
I remember the scene, but I don't remember seeing a creature. only like a man in a dark space suit( maybe it was that) it was a quick-shot.
Quote from: JaaayDee on Jul 22, 2011, 08:29:23 PM
Oh, and did the logo at the end of the footage look like this?:

Yes, it looked exactly like that.
Quote from: Ryu on Jul 22, 2011, 08:32:19 PM
Did you see any, WY( weyland yutani )logo?
Did you see any, reference to H. R. Giger, who tells of the creatures?
The atmosphere of the film is similar to the original?
No WY logos as far as I can remember.
There were no creatures, just a giant head like the one Giger made.
The atmosphere is the same, it was like if you were looking into deleted scenes from the original alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed