How did the eggs got on the sevastopol?

Started by Sgt.Jackrus, Oct 11, 2016, 07:18:22 PM

Author
How did the eggs got on the sevastopol? (Read 1,541 times)

Sgt.Jackrus

This thing was confusing me a long time after i played this game. Who and how did created the eggs. Was that eggmorphing or? (Probably there was not queen)

426Buddy

Creative Assembly confirmed there was a queen on Sevastopol but they never intended to put her in the game.

I believe there is a level in the hive where you can hear the scream of a queen in the distance.

Sgt.Jackrus

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 11, 2016, 07:33:02 PM
Creative Assembly confirmed there was a queen on Sevastopol but they never intended to put her in the game.

I believe there is a level in the hive where you can hear the scream of a queen in the distance.
hmm you are right. There should be probably easter egg with queen on the "reactor hive part".

Xenomania

Given that the game is thematically and stylistically about the first movie, I'm kinda glad they left the origin of the eggs ambiguous ingame. And TBH, even when I was in the hive I didn't expect to run into the Queen because of the tone the game had set.

Ironb4lls

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 11, 2016, 07:33:02 PM

Anyone know which sound that is? I've read that, too. There's a soft hooting noise you hear when you first enter the hive, then some screams when you press all the buttons and flip the switches, but it's hard to tell if that's a queen or just a bunch of pissed-off normal aliens.

PsyKore

I've never heard any Queen scream; this is probably people hearing what they want to.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy – The inclusion of the Alien hive was a surprise to quite a lot of us! However, in the narrative it wasn't explained how the hive or multiple Aliens came to be. Was it ever discussed within the team how the hive came about? Queen? Eggmorphing?

Gary Napper – We wanted to imply that a Queen was on board but it didn't feel like facing off against a boss Alien Queen was very... "Alien". We were caught in a riddle of, "If we show an Alien Queen, the player will expect to fight her" and "If we don't show her, people will ask where the eggs come from". In the end we figured it was best to preserve the suspense and mystery by not explicitly showing her.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/interviews/interview-creative-assembly-post-launch/

426Buddy

Im don't know where I read it, but i'm pretty positive I read an interview where they stated the scream in the hive was intended to be the queen.

Corporal Hicks

I remember that folk used to speculate about that on the Alien: Isolation forum.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed