Interesting details

Started by Xenomania, Jul 10, 2016, 11:38:32 PM

Author
Interesting details (Read 2,548 times)

Xenomania

Xenomania

Thought I'd make a thread where us keen-eyed could share interesting details we've noticed while playing the game.  :o

In the very beginning of the game, in the Torrens' hypersleep chamber there's a harmonica on Connors sign-in terminal. :laugh: And in the same room there's a magazine with a person who looks suspiciously like Dan O'Bannon to me. 8)

windebieste

windebieste

Yes!  YES!  YES!

It looks exactly like O'Bannon.  Well spotted, Sir!

James Cameron Dan O'Bannon holding an Oscar. 
:P

Seriously, though, 'ALIEN: Isolation is liberally littered with Easter Eggs.  Here's a few more: 

- Along with that open magazine, right from the first moment, before you exit the hypersleep chamber, you will find a book titled 'War in Totality', a reference to Creative Assembly's major 'Total War' series of games.  It starts there and keeps on piling Easter Eggs into the basket throughout the game.

-  David Giler's name is included in one of the textures for a monitor display, mind you that Easter Egg appears in the original 'ALIEN' as well. 

- There's an origami unicorn referencing Ridley Scott's 'Blade Runner'.   

- There's a black panther statuette - go read AE Van Vogt's 'The Voyage of the Space Beagle' to appreciate this reference to 'a cat like predator aboard a space ship' scenario. 

- There's a cat roaming around Sevastopol early in the game - you never see it, but it's definitely audible. 

Those are just a few I remember off the top of my head.  There are many, many Easter Eggs found throughout the game. 

-Windebieste.

Xenomania

Xenomania

Hmm, I still think he looks more scruffy, like O'Bannon. :P Would make more sense too, since Isolation is (obviously) based on the original movie.

And yes, I heard the cat the first time I played the game. Makes me a bit sad. :'(

windebieste

windebieste

You may be right. It may possibly be intended to be O'Bannon.  Everyone else I've seen discuss that image (mostly on the old abandoned and now closed 'ALIEN: Isolation' forum) believe it to look more like Cameron. 

This is actually the first time I've seen someone say it looks like O'Bannon.  Maybe it is.

-Windebieste.

Xenomania

Xenomania

Well, I don't mean to argue about it. O'Bannon was just the first person that came to my mind when I saw it. ;)

windebieste

windebieste

Sure.  Your point of relevancy makes it a valid concern, though, as it makes more sense to be O'Bannon.

Anyway, there's tons of Easter Eggs in the game - and no matter who you attribute the image to, it's still an Easter Egg.   

I know there's a couple of textures in the game where numbers and letters provide id codes and the like are Easter Eggs.   I am almost 100% certain there's at least one instance where the designer added the date they worked on the texture as a design element.  IIRC, it's the red, white and black EVAC graphic with the escape shuttle silhouette present on it.  Things like that are all over the place.

-Windebieste.

Xenomania

Xenomania

Another thing, although I'm sure this isn't anything new.  ;) In the KG348 lab, when you are pressurising the airlock or something, a flashing green light comes on and the alien spends a while looking at it. There was a deleted/unfilmed sequence in Alien like that, wasn't there?  8)

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

- A deactivated android can be found in Ransome's penthouse. This is a nod to the main campaign in which an audio log can be picked up that contains Ransome angrily complaining about how a Working Joe attacked him.

- Lingard can be seen from a distance in the medical facility in Scorched Earth. She is seen accessing a terminal before a sudden explosion in Ransome's area occurs. She then runs off to another area in the medical facility. Whilst being hunted by the Xenomorph, Lingard sees Ransome in an upper section of the medical facility where all her research was kept. Lingard initiates an emergency hazard cleanse in the sector, with the area exploding and Ransome fleeing the scene.

It's from Xenopedia. I try it, and it's awesome ! We can see Lingard when we play Ransome, and we can see Ransome when we play Lingard. But to see Ransome, you have to use the flashlight  ;) Enjoy  ;D

Valaquen

Valaquen

I pointed out the Cameron reference to the writers when I interviewed them and they didn't correct me, so I'll assume we're correct and it's Cameron.

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 11, 2016, 12:30:40 AM

- There's a black panther statuette - go read AE Van Vogt's 'The Voyage of the Space Beagle' to appreciate this reference to 'a cat like predator aboard a space ship' scenario. 

I saw a photograph comparing the panther statue to a prop in the original Halloween and they looked similar, if not exactly the same.

Xenomania

Xenomania

One interesting thing I noticed a while ago - the Joe that Samuels pummels in Apollo Transit can be seen moving the fingers on it's left arm back and forth. :o

Although it might just be me, the place where the Apollo AI is housed kinda reminds me of the gravity drive room in Event Horizon. Same kind of spherical room, with these spike-like things protruding out of the walls.

Kurai

Kurai

I started collecting various bits of info from Isolation but never finished, I should probably get back on it...

Here's what I gathered so far:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_eVWBffExjERVNSMmJxQUFlUFU/view?usp=sharing

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

It's probably just meant to be a generic bearded guy, but if it was based on either of them, Cameron's got blonde hair. O'Bannon's pictures I've seen of him in his youth have dark hair.

What is the hrmonica meant to be referencing?

Xenomania

Xenomania

Quote from: Kurai on Aug 24, 2016, 05:47:44 AM
I started collecting various bits of info from Isolation but never finished, I should probably get back on it...

Here's what I gathered so far:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_eVWBffExjERVNSMmJxQUFlUFU/view?usp=sharing
Arcturus? I've seen the spaceport sign, but never noticed that. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed