Cool Nostromo Video

Started by Hudson, Oct 15, 2014, 06:28:35 PM

Author
Cool Nostromo Video (Read 4,231 times)

Hudson

Hudson

http://kotaku.com/alien-isolation-without-all-the-horrifying-parts-1646264285

Pretty cool look at the next-gen version of the Nostromo's appearance on DLC. Gotta say, this makes the PS3 version look like shit. BUT, I have to hold to my original point that the galley is a little off and the lighting on A deck is way too low. It's lit up like a Christmas tree in the film and is really lowly lit in the game version.

Still, this is a really awesome video.

USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

All in all, it isn't bad at all. There are differences throughout on A-Deck; the seating 'alcove' in the galley is mirrored compared to the movie (screens on the left as opposed to the right); the Bridge has some differences such as missing evac helmets on the rear left and right seats, the viewports look different....B and C decks (from what we see in the movie) do look quite a bit different (ladderways not lining up too well, the upper catwalk around the landing leg, which by the way, I just found Brett's body there, that was neat). I think I like C-Deck the best, captures the overall aesthetic of the film very well. Unless they have time and budget to make it completely accurate (I don't make games so have no clue how it all works), I think what we got is great.

Over on Propsummit.com, we are gearing up to work on new internal Nostromo blueprints similar in vein to the ones that were with the Alien: Vault book. I've started the brainstorming process, figuring out layouts, scale and what is on each level and others have provided input on that also. :-)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: USG Ishimura on Oct 15, 2014, 07:51:55 PM
All in all, it isn't bad at all. There are differences throughout on A-Deck; the seating 'alcove' in the galley is mirrored compared to the movie (screens on the left as opposed to the right); the Bridge has some differences such as missing evac helmets on the rear left and right seats, the viewports look different....B and C decks (from what we see in the movie) do look quite a bit different (ladderways not lining up too well, the upper catwalk around the landing leg, which by the way, I just found Brett's body there, that was neat). I think I like C-Deck the best, captures the overall aesthetic of the film very well. Unless they have time and budget to make it completely accurate (I don't make games so have no clue how it all works), I think what we got is great.

Over on Propsummit.com, we are gearing up to work on new internal Nostromo blueprints similar in vein to the ones that were with the Alien: Vault book. I've started the brainstorming process, figuring out layouts, scale and what is on each level and others have provided input on that also. :-)

These plans have been floating around the web for quite a while, don't know if you've seen them? Perhaps they are even yours?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: USG Ishimura on Oct 15, 2014, 07:51:55 PMAll in all, it isn't bad at all.

In fairness, they never claimed to be going for 100% accuracy. It's just a fun little add-on that takes you to the Nostromo. It's not like they were claiming this was canon *cough* ACM *cough*

USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

I'm about half way though the game now, and yeah, enjoying it way more than ACM. I'd be quite happy if Alien: Isolation was considered by everyone as canon, I think it's really good.

The plans you see above are Darrell's, he made those a long while ago (aka FenGiddel86 on Propsummit). He is actually contributing to the project too and has been coordinating our thoughts and ideas on it. My username on Propsummit if you'd like to follow the progress is 'Space Jockey'.

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Hi, guys!  Dropped in here while following a link to discussions about the A:I Nostromo layout.  I finished the main game earlier this month and have recently been working my way through "Crew Expendable," wishing the danged Alien wasn't so persistent in its hunting so I could take a look around and enjoy the design.  Overall a great compromise between movie-authenticity and game-play-ability.  Meanwhile, I am also taking the time to update my deckplans project sheet so we'll have more details to consider.  Thanks to USG Ishimura/Space Jockey for the nod above.  See you in the vents, boys!  :)

windebieste

windebieste

About that pesky Alien.  You can probably halt it in its tracks with a mod.  I know there's one available that restricts its movements to the vents.  I don't know if it works on any of the DLC, though.

This is a sure bet, though:  Use Cheat Engine to pause the game.  It's readily downloadable.  You will also need a Cheat Engine 'Cheat Table'.  An additional piece of software that is a customised database of commands to work specifically with 'ALIEN: Isolation'.  You can use it to remove the HUD, completely pause all action in the game - including Stompy - and freely roam the levels.   

Pausing the action in Cheat Engine gives you great action shot opportunities.

It also permits you to clip walls and go anywhere in the game that you normally can't reach.

The tool is not perfect and is a pain to work with, but it can be ideal for your purposes.  Just be very aware that free roaming mode does divorce the player camera from the player's actual position in the game.  This is important because once you start 'astral wandering' from where you initialised Cheat Engine and walk through walls, you will quickly experience the game's rendering system at work and enter occluded areas that not being displayed by the game engine.  It's a pretty tight system present in the game but you'll get the hang of it. 

-Windebieste.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

If ever there was a game that I wanted to play modded, it was Alien: Isolation.

SamuelDL

SamuelDL

Amazing, I had not seen it. I did a similar video, comparing the game with the movie:

If it is considered spam, I can remove the link.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed