Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2016, 08:05:41 PM

Author
Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death (Read 77,362 times)

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 22, 2016, 08:49:04 AM
Quote from: happypred on Apr 22, 2016, 02:27:07 AM
I wish the entire original AvP could receive colouring like that of the 2010 AvP #0 re-release

It really needs to happen! I've been asking for it for 6 years now!

It needs to be completely recoloured with modern techniques and released in the same style of hardcover that fire and stone and the 30th anniversary edition of the original Aliens comic has been.

Thanks for the info on that avp story mate

LordCassusSnow

I liked the golden Pred helmets  :) That aside, and going a tad off subject, does anyone else have the feeling xeno's are going to be invading earth in Lebbons upcoming novels? If thats true, it could potentially legitimise any past comic that references the Alien takeover. Unless said comic referencs a xeno homeworld or xeno zip/royal jelly.

426Buddy

426Buddy

This is a pic from the late 90s reprint that is supposedly recolored (not very well either but maybe better than the original, I dunno)

Avp classics version and avp war pic added.

Corporal Hicks

What you want is this fella -

426Buddy

That is definitely the way better, do you have a pic of the original coloring of that page? Or is the one I posted the original color?

Corporal Hicks

Same panel you posted earlier, I do believe.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Thanks Hicks,

I've been awfully confused, so there should only be two different coloration's for this series, the original and the one you posted.

For some reason Xenopedia had me thinking the series had been completely recolored already in the late 90's.

LordCassusSnow

Apologies, after purchasing the WY Report i've concluded that the Big Deletion cannot fit into the newly established timeline. It could, however, take place between the time of Sea of Sorrows and Predator Incursion, as theres a couple hundred years of unrecorded history there, but i think there would have at least been some mention to a significant event such as that in the new trilogy of novels. So for now it's up in the air. But you cannot deny General Perez was being somewhat kept in the dark about the xenomorphs as were getting more and more stories of marines and company officials encountering the species after Ripley's sacrifice. Let's not also forget, BLOMKAMP, that the xenomorphs are probably infesting other countless worlds so saying someone died and wiped an entire species out when they've never even seen the origin of their presumption is f**king ridiculous! Pardon my french  ;D

SM

As things currently stand, there's no Big Deletion.  The stories involving Aliens in the timeframe between Alien3 and Resurrection are currently confined to a small group of people on one planet, most of whom are dead.

If there was a Big Deletion post Resurrection (putting aside that such a thing would be redundant), surely Liliya would have either been affected or at least know about it?

StrangeShape

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 25, 2016, 07:28:54 AM
What you want is this fella -

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/avp-volume1-12.jpg
I actually love the original coloring, maybe nostalgia idk, but I always liked the 80s coloring most

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Dark Horse's August 2016 solicitations are now live! As usual, be warned of spoilers.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dark-horse-comics-august-2016-solicitations-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-kingsway-west

Prometheus: Life and Death #3 (August 10)
Spoiler

QuotePrometheus: Life and Death #3 (of 4)
Dan Abnett (W), Andrea Mutti (A), Rain Beredo (C), and David Palumbo (Cover)
On sale Aug 10
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries
The Colonial Marines join forces with the survivors of the Fire and Stone story cycle and make a fateful decision to steal the Engineer's ship. But a second Engineer has awakened, and he's on the hunt for humans!
Aliens on one side, Engineers on the other, and humans in the middle!
[close]

Aliens: Defiance #5 (August 31)
Spoiler

QuoteAliens: Defiance #5
Brian Wood (W), Tristan Jones (A), Dan Jackson (C), and Massimo Carnevale (Cover)
On sale Aug 31
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Ongoing
Zula Hendricks and Davis are about to take on the xenomorph threat as well as a squad of hardened Colonial Marines intent on capturing a specimen in a large midspace fueling station. How far is Zula willing to go to stop her fellow combatants?
[close]

Predator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens #2 (August 31)
Spoiler

QuotePredator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens #2 (of 4)
John Layman (W), Chris Mooneyham (A), Michael Atiyeh (C), and Glenn Fabry (Cover/Variant cover)
On sale Aug 31
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries
Want to make apocalypse stew? Throw in four Judges, one insane genetic scientist, a smattering of emoji-based cultists, a dash of Predator, and a pinch of essence of xenomorph, mix, and retreat to the nearest bunker. In this issue, Dredd follows a criminal cult leader into the Alabama Morass. A crew of Predators arrives on Earth to rescue a kidnapped comrade. And they both unwittingly wander into the territory of a revenge-obsessed, gene-splicing scientist who's just gotten his hands on a xenomorph skull -- and the universe's deadliest DNA!
• Written by Eisner Award–winning, New York Times best-selling Chew creator John Layman!
[close]

Predator: Life and Death TP (October 12)
Spoiler

QuoteColonial Marines vs. Predators!
Predator: Life and Death TP
Dan Abnett (W), Brian Albert Thies (A), Rain Beredo (C), and David Palumbo (Cover)
On sale Oct 12
FC, 96 pages
$14.99
TP, 7" x 10"
Colonial Marines on the planet Tartarus battle extraterrestrial hunters over the possession of a mysterious horseshoe-shaped spaceship of unknown origin. The Weyland-Yutani rep wants the ship, and the marine captain wants to protect her crew. But neither objective is likely when a band of Predators attacks! Collects issues #1–#4.
• Chapter one in the follow-up to the acclaimed Fire and Stone story cycle!
[close]

All I can say is
Spoiler
look at that Prometheus cover! I love the visual reference to the ten commandments, and it's good to see a chair suit. And we got our first mention of the FaS survivors, to boot! And given that they're trying to steal the Juggernaut, that raises hope that we won't be stuck on LV-223 for the whole event. I wonder where else our heroes may end up?
[close]

426Buddy

Such a great time to be a fan. Some cool covers there.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 13, 2016, 01:35:13 AM
Dark Horse's August 2016 solicitations are now live! As usual, be warned of spoilers.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dark-horse-comics-august-2016-solicitations-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-kingsway-west

Prometheus: Life and Death #3 (August 10)
Spoiler

QuotePrometheus: Life and Death #3 (of 4)
Dan Abnett (W), Andrea Mutti (A), Rain Beredo (C), and David Palumbo (Cover)
On sale Aug 10
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries
The Colonial Marines join forces with the survivors of the Fire and Stone story cycle and make a fateful decision to steal the Engineer's ship. But a second Engineer has awakened, and he's on the hunt for humans!
Aliens on one side, Engineers on the other, and humans in the middle!
[close]

Aliens: Defiance #5 (August 31)
Spoiler

QuoteAliens: Defiance #5
Brian Wood (W), Tristan Jones (A), Dan Jackson (C), and Massimo Carnevale (Cover)
On sale Aug 31
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Ongoing
Zula Hendricks and Davis are about to take on the xenomorph threat as well as a squad of hardened Colonial Marines intent on capturing a specimen in a large midspace fueling station. How far is Zula willing to go to stop her fellow combatants?
[close]

Predator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens #2 (August 31)
Spoiler

QuotePredator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens #2 (of 4)
John Layman (W), Chris Mooneyham (A), Michael Atiyeh (C), and Glenn Fabry (Cover/Variant cover)
On sale Aug 31
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries
Want to make apocalypse stew? Throw in four Judges, one insane genetic scientist, a smattering of emoji-based cultists, a dash of Predator, and a pinch of essence of xenomorph, mix, and retreat to the nearest bunker. In this issue, Dredd follows a criminal cult leader into the Alabama Morass. A crew of Predators arrives on Earth to rescue a kidnapped comrade. And they both unwittingly wander into the territory of a revenge-obsessed, gene-splicing scientist who's just gotten his hands on a xenomorph skull -- and the universe's deadliest DNA!
• Written by Eisner Award–winning, New York Times best-selling Chew creator John Layman!
[close]

Predator: Life and Death TP (October 12)
Spoiler

QuoteColonial Marines vs. Predators!
Predator: Life and Death TP
Dan Abnett (W), Brian Albert Thies (A), Rain Beredo (C), and David Palumbo (Cover)
On sale Oct 12
FC, 96 pages
$14.99
TP, 7" x 10"
Colonial Marines on the planet Tartarus battle extraterrestrial hunters over the possession of a mysterious horseshoe-shaped spaceship of unknown origin. The Weyland-Yutani rep wants the ship, and the marine captain wants to protect her crew. But neither objective is likely when a band of Predators attacks! Collects issues #1–#4.
• Chapter one in the follow-up to the acclaimed Fire and Stone story cycle!
[close]

All I can say is
Spoiler
look at that Prometheus cover! I love the visual reference to the ten commandments, and it's good to see a chair suit. And we got our first mention of the FaS survivors, to boot! And given that they're trying to steal the Juggernaut, that raises hope that we won't be stuck on LV-223 for the whole event. I wonder where else our heroes may end up?
[close]

Why do I have this weird feeling that he's gonna drop that ampule?

Really awesome covers, I cannot wait to read these!

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for the news. I'll post those up later on when The Predator stuff calms down. Some simply gorgeous covers there, not that I expect any different at the minute.  :laugh:

I wonder if they actually have a plan for the accelerant this time.

Nostromo

Would you buy the Predator Life And Death TPB if you're a hardcore Alien/Prometheus fan but could care less about Predators?

Anyone know if there's an Aliens/Vampirella softcover TPB in the works. Can't stand hardcovers for some unknown reason.

Same for the WY report.

Thanks for the August Alien comic lineup!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed