Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2016, 08:05:41 PM

Author
Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death (Read 77,838 times)

LordCassusSnow

Anyone read Dark Horse Presents #146? Picked that one up last year and was pleasantly surprised by the link to the original Aliens vs Predator series.

Ultramorph

Defiance #4, Prometheus #2, and Predators vs Judge Dredd vs Aliens #1 are all live for pre-order on TFAW.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Apr 19, 2016, 04:04:10 PM
Anyone read Dark Horse Presents #146? Picked that one up last year and was pleasantly surprised by the link to the original Aliens vs Predator series.

Could you remind us?

HuDaFuK

Corporal Hicks

Ah, yes! Sorry I thought it was a new one for some reason. I'm very fond of The Web!

LordCassusSnow

Was not prepared for such a dark ending  :o My jaw was literally dropped when i finished!

426Buddy

I have AvP Web pt1, never picked up or read part 2.

Russ840

What is the connection dude?  I shamefully have not read it.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 21, 2016, 04:30:33 PM

Robert Sheldon. The young boy who survived the first Predator attack on Ryushi.

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 21, 2016, 06:45:42 PM

Oh nice. Thanks dude. What's the general premise ?

426Buddy

*Mind Blown* :o

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 21, 2016, 07:21:06 PM

Oh nice. Thanks dude. What's the general premise ?

Spoiler
He goes batshit crazy and lures Predators into his trap. There's a section on it in my review of AvP Omnibus Volume 1. http://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/reviews/avp-omnibus-volume-1/
[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

Not to go off topic but speaking of AvP, I've always had the DH classics 6 issue re-run of the series from the late 90's. Only recently have I noticed that the coloring is different in all these pics from AvP in the omnibus and in the original run. Am I crazy or did they actually do a recolor for the classics 90's run? Can anyone confirm that?

It doesn't match the reprint that came with AvP 2010 either, which looks great BTW.

According to xenopedia it was recolored.

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Horse_Classics_-_Aliens_versus_Predator
For the six-issue re-run, the story was recolored by Chris Chalenor and In-Color and re-edited by David Land. The cover artwork by Michael Dubisch was also created for the release.

i didnt like the coloring in this version much either.  But it must be more consistent that in the original version.

happypred

I wish the entire original AvP could receive colouring like that of the 2010 AvP #0 re-release

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: happypred on Apr 22, 2016, 02:27:07 AM
I wish the entire original AvP could receive colouring like that of the 2010 AvP #0 re-release

It really needs to happen! I've been asking for it for 6 years now!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed