Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2016, 08:05:41 PM

Author
Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death (Read 77,335 times)

HEZ

Oh yeah, I really liked More Than Human, is that all over now then? I really wanted to see where that crazy thing at the end was going :/

LordCassusSnow

Yeah i always wondered why dark horse continued to reference earth being taken over with comics like Three World War which was ridiculous and went nowhere.

happypred

Did Thrill of the Hunt or Civilized Beasts introduce the Big Deletion?

Randomizer

I think it was Thrill of the Hunt, judging by its Wikia page...

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_vs._Predator:_Thrill_of_the_Hunt

The Big Deletion

Thrill of the Hunt also attempts to explain the inconsistencies between the existing Aliens and Aliens vs. Predator comics and the film Alien Resurrection, in which General Perez states that the Xenomorph species has been extinct for the last 200 years — a fact that contradicts the comics, in which humanity had repeated interactions with the Xenomorphs in the interim, and the Earth itself even became infested and ravaged by the Xenomorphs, a monumental event that would take humanity close to a generation to recover from.
The principal way in which the comic attempts to clear up this inconsistency is through the introduction of "The Big Deletion": a galaxy-wide computer virus event which, it is explained, wiped out most of the extrasolar human colonies and much of the electronically stored information about mankind's past.

426Buddy

Not sure which, those I've talked to have said its in civilized beasts but I don't personally own either

Randomizer

Hehe, It's not like I do either !   ::)

426Buddy

Lol I'm trying trying to finish getting all the aliens only comics now, then Ill  try to complete my set of avp comics. So eventually I'll have both  :)

LordCassusSnow

The Big Deletion is explained in Thrill of The Hunt.

happypred

Regardless of references to the Big Deletion, Civilized Beasts is a solid, enjoyable comic with good action and pacing.

I like it more than Life & Death issues 1 and 2

Corporal Hicks

Civilized Beasts was surprisingly fantastic. Even more so when you consider how lackluster Thrill of the Hunt was.

happypred

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 18, 2016, 07:53:11 AM
Civilized Beasts was surprisingly fantastic. Even more so when you consider how lackluster Thrill of the Hunt was.

Only bad thing about it is short length. Would've enjoyed a full series following Smiley, his clan, and (to a lesser extent) the human characters marooned on the planet

The Alien Predator

Out of curiosity, does Smiley survive? What happens at the end? All I know is that humans got trapped on the world thanks to Smiley and his clan. But have no idea what the plot is.

LordCassusSnow

Just got my copy of The Weyland Yutani Files today!! No mention of Colonial Marines! Hah! Take that Gearbox! Also won an auction for a Palisades Queen Chestburster replica at a great deal! Damn today was great!!

RakaiThwei

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Apr 18, 2016, 07:31:31 PM
Out of curiosity, does Smiley survive? What happens at the end? All I know is that humans got trapped on the world thanks to Smiley and his clan. But have no idea what the plot is.

Smiley does live at the end... dragging what I assume is the Queen's bludgeoned body.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Apr 19, 2016, 04:36:41 AM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Apr 18, 2016, 07:31:31 PM

Smiley does live at the end... dragging what I assume is the Queen's bludgeoned body.

Thanks Rakai.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed