Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread

Started by ikarop, Jan 07, 2014, 05:22:31 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread (Read 97,510 times)

jamie.leng.1

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Feb 05, 2014, 03:23:53 AM
Quote from: ikarop on Feb 04, 2014, 07:15:01 PM
The image is from the wallpapers section at the official site. You can find it in HQ below:

SWEET PIC!
Yes, it is now my phone's wallpaper.

jamie.leng.1

jamie.leng.1

Love the handheld Atari 2600, really 70's retro sci-fi. Could do with some faux wood veneer.

HuDaFuK

Mus

That gameplay clip didn't really convince me. For one, the character breathing seems like it'll get really annoying, it's kinda like having someone shout to you like OH SHIT YOU SPOOKED AS f**k NOW and outlining that you should be scared. Also the bit at the end, where she just ran past the alien behind its back. Very silly, not a very formidable threat is it. And it just looked very muddled with scripted sequences which just take me out of the game

SiL

Watching the gameplay, I really don't see why they needed to change the legs based on appearance. The players all seem to do their best to not look at the thing, seeing as if you can see it, presumably it can see you. The few times you do see it really moving, it doesn't seem to be doing anything that wouldn't look right on human legs.

Still, looks tense.

judge death

Quote from: Mus on Feb 23, 2014, 07:21:00 PM
That gameplay clip didn't really convince me. For one, the character breathing seems like it'll get really annoying, it's kinda like having someone shout to you like OH SHIT YOU SPOOKED AS f**k NOW and outlining that you should be scared. Also the bit at the end, where she just ran past the alien behind its back. Very silly, not a very formidable threat is it. And it just looked very muddled with scripted sequences which just take me out of the game
Some scenes are scripted as you say, like the airlock sequence and some scenarios where you face it is scripted.
After looking on a gameplay video where someone from IGN is speaking with developers it seems to be a purpose made video: IGN reporter know what he can take in the video and never get lost and isnt like: OMG I saw that in the movie, I wanna go closer and take a look on it, but nope the game just walks on and he knows what to do when the alien pops up, no that is to me a fake video, you dont fool me that easily.

Mus

Right, that too, you see that a lot in previews where it looks really rehearsed. Like they'll slowly pan the camera across a scenery or something, no one plays like that. But I mean that's to be expected I guess, they only want you to see what they want you to see right.

And I gotta agree about the legs, I'm still hung up about that. I just, like, don't get it, man. I won't be convinced until I see a side by side comparison

gareth

We did this a few weeks ago as we prep for more hands on time with the game at E3.

Small world, I used to post to Planet AVP alot and when we moved to AZ to open our second office, we brought in Orca as he lives in the area.

http://sknr.net/2014/02/18/we-look-at-alien-isolation-the-latest-from-nvidia-new-hardware-and-more-on-our-feb-2014-skewedcast/

I will do my best to post more here as the site is great and we are big on the Alien universe.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I hope this lives up to expectations and surpasses them.

ikarop

From an animation director at Axis Animation, a company that has worked on Alien: Isolation doing animation and promo artwork.

QuoteAlien Isolation looks Awesome, cant believe I have to wait until November to play it
https://twitter.com/DanaDorian/status/427039668895748097

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed