Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 176,565 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 18, 2020, 03:24:17 PM
Alien Covenant is the best film in the franchise in the last 28 years.

A fancier way of saying "The Best of the Bad Movies!"

Well, since I can't do Disnox anymore....

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Disney could simply have called it 20th Century Pictures as well I suppose. Like it was pre-1935. I wonder if they'll be keeping the fanfare, searchlights and monument?

Magegg

Back then where the acquisition happened I theorized they could name it 'Century Studios'.

The '20th' part sounds rather obsolete, I think, but I guess it's part of the branding.

20th Century Pictures sounds way better, I agree with The Eighth Passenger.

Nukiemorph

I'm curious if they'll change the fanfare.  That would upset me more than a name change.

SM

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 18, 2020, 04:22:41 PM
Disney could simply have called it 20th Century Pictures as well I suppose. Like it was pre-1935. I wonder if they'll be keeping the fanfare, searchlights and monument?

They'd be mad to lose it.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, definitely.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: David's Creation on Jan 18, 2020, 10:50:57 PM
I'm curious if they'll change the fanfare.  That would upset me more than a name change.

Yeah, I've got to agree on this one. I'm not too fussed about the name change, but I'd hate to loose the fanfare.

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 18, 2020, 03:58:48 PM
Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 18, 2020, 03:24:17 PM
Alien Covenant is the best film in the franchise in the last 28 years.

A fancier way of saying "The Best of the Bad Movies!"

Silence !

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps, but, I believe it's got more merit than anything else in that number of years.
Spoiler
The best Frankenstein adaptation.
[close]

Whiskeybrewer

They have to keep the fanfare

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Variety reckons the fanfare and graphics (bar the FOX bit) will stay:

Quote from: VarietyThose logos won't be dramatically altered, just updated. The most notable change is that the word "Fox" has been removed from the logo marks. Otherwise, the signature elements — swirling klieg lights, monolith, triumphal fanfare — will remain the same.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/disney-dropping-fox-20th-century-studios-1203470349/

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 20, 2020, 03:42:08 PM
Variety reckons the fanfare and graphics (bar the FOX bit) will stay:

Quote from: VarietyThose logos won't be dramatically altered, just updated. The most notable change is that the word "Fox" has been removed from the logo marks. Otherwise, the signature elements — swirling klieg lights, monolith, triumphal fanfare — will remain the same.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/disney-dropping-fox-20th-century-studios-1203470349/

Yay!

The Old One

The Old One

That's good to know.

Corporal Hicks

20th Century Studios' Diminished Future: "I Don't Think the Label Means Anything Anymore"

QuoteAs Emma Watts exits, Disney's former Fox unit will now be the home to some adult dramas and prebranded remakes, plus Hulu or Disney+ titles and four 'Avatar' sequels.

---

After leading a major studio, Watts realized she couldn't stomach the diminishment in power and autonomy that came with running a pared-down fiefdom within Disney, sources close to her tell The Hollywood Reporter. The executive's departure also is a blow to Hollywood's small sorority of female studio executives. Rare among majors, Fox had boasted a deep bench of powerful women in its upper ranks. In the wake of the merger, Watts joins former 20th Century Fox chairman Stacey Snider, former Fox 2000 chief Elizabeth Gabler and former Fox marketing chief Pamela Levine out the door.

Under Disney, 20th will now release about four movies a year theatrically, down from as many as six or seven, and focus equally if not more so on making content for Disney+ and Hulu. Fox's Marvel movies, such as Deadpool, now fall under Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige's purview. For Watts — who worked closely with Ryan Reynolds in bringing the Deadpool series to the big screen and also was behind the larger X-Men franchise — this meant handing over some of her prized projects.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, I think we all saw this coming unfortunately.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed