DH Announces Alien: Rescue (Amanda Ripley’s Story Continues)

Started by Ultramorph, Feb 20, 2019, 04:32:00 PM

Author
DH Announces Alien: Rescue (Amanda Ripley’s Story Continues) (Read 42,986 times)

Kradan

Even if it was well-planed before for the sake of what these things have started to come out right now and with so small breaks between them?

Nukiemorph

It's all part of the same story, so coming out close together is part of the plan.

SM

Exactly.  Comics are supposed to come out at regular intervals.  DH have often had a rep for missing deadlines, but it seems they're fairly on track at the moment.

Kradan

Quote from: David's Creation on Feb 26, 2019, 11:15:43 PM
It's all part of the same story, so coming out close together is part of the plan.

Logically enough, cannot deny it. But personally i'm gonna to stay suspicious untill comics have came out.

Still Collating...

I'm just happy that we're getting the comics at a regular interval again which hasn't happened for the longest time. I like the quicker pace.

Ultramorph

I just view it as an ongoing that renumbers with each arc to keep sales higher (gotta get those #1s). I'm cool with that, as long as the story is good.

SM

Not really.  They're different stories that form a larger arc, not unlike Fire & Stone and Life & Death.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 26, 2019, 11:28:29 PM
I'm just happy that we're getting the comics at a regular interval again which hasn't happened for the longest time. I like the quicker pace.

As long as the story and art is good they can take all the time it takes...

The Old One

The Old One

The key is quality.

Predwars24

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 22, 2019, 02:21:39 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 21, 2019, 09:17:14 PM
Don't tell stories about anyone ever because eventually they'll die?

Quote[Which specific DH books are you thinking? I know Criminal Enterprises pushed them to the back a little but that's generally regarded as the best of the DH run.

No Exit and DNA War both pushed them to being a secondary concern. Steel Egg less so. Cauldron seemed to be the only one where the Aliens were the main focus.

I'm sure you could do Alien-less stories; I enjoyed Origins overall. I just don't know what kind of audience they're going to garner outside core fans and how you would market it.  Those stories are better off in anthologies where you can have the best of both worlds.

It's not about knowing they'll die.  Everybody dies.  It's about knowing their ultimate fate which could make for a boring story.  We KNOW Amanda dies of old age, married to some guy named McLaren.  For all intents and purposes, she achieves "happily ever after", so knowing the ultimate result may diminish the journey somewhat.

Or...

Burke could have been lying.  The motive could have been to prevent Ripley from having any other interests other than those he put before her.  Personally, I find her story compelling enough that I just want it to continue.  I really enjoyed Isolation, and she was a great part of that.

I guess they could do that, but it'd make that scene a little less meaningful to Ellen's story, from what we knew at the time Amanda had a normal life, and Ellen missed it all because she was in hyper sleep for 57 years. Her marriage possible grandkids birth, etc. She missed all of this and when she finds Newt on LV-426 it makes protecting her and being called Mom all the more meaningful as she gets a second chance as being the parent she couldn't be for Amanda.

Perfect-Organism

It would demean what she went through in Aliens if she did find Amanda at some point in the future.  If she finds out that Amanda survived, but she misses meeting her by a slim margin somehow, that would add to the horror.  That would be similar to Jeffrey Archer's Kane and Abel.

Anyway...

Alien 3 demeans everything..

The Old One

The Old One

::)

Incorrect.

Alien³ enhances Aliens & Alien.
As The Cold Forge & Isolation strengthens them all.

Perfect-Organism

Yes I'm sure Ridley Scott and James Cameron thought Alien 3 enhanced their films.

Where's the head-shaking emoji?

The Old One

The Old One

Missing Amanda Ripley by a margin of error is a contrivance, a ridiculous, laughable idea.
Thank you David Fincher for Alien³'s existence,  for  restriction of inferior conclusions and ideas commensurate.
The author's dead anyway.
So is Ellen Ripley.

I thought you enjoyed the film -the idea it "Demeans everything" is the adverse.

???

Regardless the thread is concerning a new story (and a new character), not a old story.

Hudson

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 02, 2019, 05:22:50 AM
a ridiculous, laughable idea.

That hasn't stopped Ridley Scott in recent years.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed