The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots

Started by ikarop, May 30, 2012, 05:54:28 PM

Author
The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots (Read 88,058 times)

Le Celticant

Quote from: PLEXI on Jun 07, 2012, 07:26:31 PMThe lethal explosion radius on grenades still bothers me, you can practically drop high explosives at the base of your feet and be perfectly fine.

Couldn't agree more on this.

Adam802

new multiplayer walkthrough video on gametrailers. 

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-aliens-colonial/731906

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Adam802 on Jun 07, 2012, 10:21:15 PM
new multiplayer walkthrough video on gametrailers. 

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-aliens-colonial/731906
I really hope they remove that god awful squeal sound you hear at 3:17.

WinterActual

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 07, 2012, 06:23:53 PM

Also the game doesn't look bad.
No it doesn't except the wrong or missing animations, wrong sounds, low res textures compared to other console games, non accurate reloading animations, red dots on the MT, stuff like that yeah, but otherwise the game is not bad  ::)

Quote from: alanwu1233 on Jun 07, 2012, 07:21:25 PM

AVP '10 got alot of logic fails.
A shotgun burst can knock an alien to the ground.
A marine can block an alien in melee.
A marine can knock an alien to the ground with bare hands.
Pulse rifle with minigun firepower.
flamethrower that can't burn sh!t.
etc....
I never said the opposite.
So what? We can assume that Hicks killed a xeno with 3 shots with his Itacha 37. In AvP '10 the shotgun is double barreled so the power burst is shot with both barrels - thats 2 shots to the xeno, one more and its dead - movie accurate.
Whats the problem with the marine blocking an alien attack? The xeno tries to hit the marine with its hand, the marine rises his pulse rifle and blocks the hit. Whats that to you? You see it as magic I guess  :D
As I said before - even if you knock the xeno on the ground, this doesn't mean you will win the fight ;)
Pusle rifle is meant to be the main purpose weapon, its meant to be powerful. In the movie you can see clearly that the xenos didn't stood a chance against the pulse rifle. Xenos rely on their numbers mostly. 1 on 1 againts the pulse rifle - the xeno is done. But how is this related to the marines melee xeno problem?
The same - non related question.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 07, 2012, 07:07:11 PM
Hell's Highway was crap.

Compared to the others - yes, it was  ;)

Predaker

Predaker

I'm sure the graphics will look better once you actually play the game. As for the red dots, I don't think they will change that at this point. Also I understand the weapon doesn't need to be cocked or charged with every reload, but honestly it looks fine. They should focus on making the actual gameplay more immersive and realistic, though.

SM

It's my own fault for clicking on these links Ikarop keeps posting, but I could cheerfully throttle Randy Pitchford by now.  Not Randy's fault - he's pimping his wares like he should.  :-\

Xenomrph

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 07, 2012, 08:18:57 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 07, 2012, 07:22:54 PM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 07, 2012, 07:07:11 PM
Hell's Highway was crap.
No it wasn't, Hell's Highway was pretty awesome. For a "crap" game, a whole lot of reviewers and gamers liked it a lot.

did you play the other ones?
I have them on Steam but actually haven't played them yet.

Taking Hell's Highway by its own merits it's most certainly not "crap", though. If you meant "crap in comparison to the others in the series" then you should have clarified that. :P

WarriorRidged

I really want to be excited about this.  But I watch the videos, and I think of AvP2010 all the time.  It looks so similar.  Particularly don't like the marine jumps from great heights, and what looks like "bug hunt" type gameplay.  Not a fan of outside maps in the game, but after the sulaco - it may make a nice change of scenery (excuse the pun).

Anyhoo, I'll probably enjoy the game more than AvP2010....no more temples and outside jungle areas!!

Nightlord

WinterActual

I think I noticed something. I may be wrong but isn't the PR fire rate slower than the previous AvP games' PRs ? This can explain the wrong sound. Also if there is a rapid fire perk/mod, and we add it with our PR class - this will result in the "original" sound. If that's the case, I am fine with the "wrong" sound. But in my opinion in ACM this gotta be the opposite way - the default fire rate (original sound) brings high recoil but if we add mod for slower fire rate, this will increase the accuracy and change the sound to its current state (wrong version)  :)

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Wont be out then untill feb 12th 2013.

So we've got months still before a release. Alot can change. Still getting on it pc in any case just for the sound mods. Hoping to my my pc upgraded by then though

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed