“Crimson Earth” [Blob fan-fiction]

Started by Hankerson, Mar 09, 2007, 01:06:23 AM

Author
“Crimson Earth” [Blob fan-fiction] (Read 5,153 times)

Hankerson

I've been working on a "Blob" fan-fiction idea called "Crimson Earth"; it's a sequel to the 1958 film staring Steve McQueen. Fact: In the 90s the U.S. government hastily declassified top-secret information from the 40s and 50s as a show of goodwill to the American people. In my story, some pencil-pusher in the government misinterpreted the information in the "Crimson Documents" as being trivial medical research, and released it with the rest of bundles.

Scientists in the private-sector recognize the potential of the documents and begin controlled research on the "crimson organism". In 2008 containment is breached at a top-secret facility, the events in the original film took place in only six or seven hours, in my story the blob's spread remains unchecked for nearly 48 hours before anyone in the outside world finds out. By the time the National Guard arrives on the scene it's already too late to stop the spread of the "crimson organism" and it reaches a startling new stage in its biological development making the spread unstoppable.

Eventually survivors, gathered in an isolated observatory, discover a fleet of ships approaching from the outer solar system and realize the spread of the organism may have been initiated on purpose to cleanse the earth of opposition by its natives. Their fears are quickly confirmed when the organism reaches a third stage of development that is conveniently inert and harmless.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed