The Predator in Magazines

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 06, 2018, 07:35:11 AM

Author
The Predator in Magazines (Read 34,780 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

This isn't a traditional hunt. They're not here for pleasure this time around.

von

von

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 23, 2018, 11:24:34 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 23, 2018, 10:23:20 AM
Couple of new stills from Total Film - https://www.gamesradar.com/check-out-the-hunter-and-the-hunted-in-these-exclusive-images-from-the-predator/

I love the design, i really do, but there is not a single trophy on this guy, not a necklace or anything, they completely dodged the tribal aspect. Every director matches the look of the Predator to the movie they are making and I'm fine with that, they want that clean, "upgraded" look, but damn... i hope they have an explanation for this.

I mean, did they all just drop their personal conquests, burned down their trophy rooms and say "f**k it, it's all about DNA now"?

different suits for different purposes or even factions, i'm guessing. can't recall if City Hunter carried any trophy ornaments? can only think of his sling pouch

valua

valua

I think that all trophies were removed by scientists, remember him lying on operating/research room?

Carmen

Carmen

The Predator looks too human. I don't think this is a way back to the magnificent original movie.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

City hunter had a necklace, also most of the lost tribe were dripping in trophies. Also The lost tribe set a benchmark on what predators should look and feel like. Which is why we keep being let down because for some reason fox but the brakes on that.

Where are the trophies? If fugitive is not here for that reason that makes sense. But surely upgrade would have them? Considering hunting sport for its DNA is now the "in" cool thing in Predator society. Also where is their trademark camouflage? ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Depending on how much has actually changed,
Spoiler
the Upgrade is after the Fugitive.
[close]
It is not out on a casual hunt either.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 23, 2018, 12:39:32 PM
Depending on how much has actually changed,
Spoiler
the Upgrade is after the Fugitive.
[close]

I'm sure that part was not changed.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Maybe a bit too skinny on the first pic, but i'm sure it will look good on screen.

Predator King.

Predator King.

Totally the wrong timeline to have scientist tamper with a captured predator...
- Human technology at this point could never shoot down a predator ship.
- Predator spaceship, ( especially those with dangerous cargo ) would have fail safes in place to prevent a crash.
- mixing of various alien DNA into one body is IMPOSSIBLE, now I know, most people have probably never read up on genetics... but there is a reason why humans and chimpanzees cannot have a baby,,, despite being 99.8% identical.  so the very idea of harvesting alien DNA from all over the galaxy and combine them is ludicrous... because each individual sample has evolved and depends on the nutrition, chemicals, gravity and so forth that was indicative of its planet/ homeworld... so when you combine, to let us say,,, alien DNA or tissue that needs sulphur in order to propagate itself ( cell divisions ) but is highly susceptible to oxygen... well you could never fit that organ or tissue with tissue that needs oxygen, but is highly susceptible to sulphur...  if you put together a body of various components that each depend on a personal need... well your asking for tumors, mutations in the form of sickness, tissue rejection... ( hell we humans can't even transplant human to human organs, without risking rejection ) so... hybrids... not a f**king chance in hell... you go to a planet with different gravities and elements with a body made from a billion different things... you'll be ripped apart by your own cells, you'd be poisoned and worse... - at best a hybrid can be a creature that is mainly one creature, 99;8%  but uses the organs or tissue of another in order to better survive in that environment... 0.02% but you can only ever be or have use of it, in that environment... hence  a hybrid is still nearely a pure bred... and NOT some wildly mutated beast with near super powers...

bibouisback

bibouisback

@Predator King. "Human technology at this point could never shoot down a predator ship" 
Wasn't there a story with a child who has special power ? And he would be the reason why the ship crashed ? Not sure if they changed it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That was just misleading editing in the trailer.

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Aug 23, 2018, 12:38:11 PM
City hunter had a necklace,

But City Hunter didn't have a traditional necklace like a Jungle Hunter, or you talking about his "Neck Piece"? I remember City Hunter had Jerry/King Willy scull with spine but for a brief moments.  :)

RegularJohn

RegularJohn

I think he looks badass. I don't know why so many want the predators to all look alike. He is more lean than the jungle hunter... so what. he is a different predator. It's not like all humans look the same way, right?

I do prefer the tribe look, but 30 years have passed and I guess fugitive is on another mission the pure sports hunt (haven't read any leaks). Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the predator.

btw. just wachted predator 2 the other day. Great flick. Somehow I like now better than ever before.Would be great to see a danny glover cameo at some point (if we can't get arnie back)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: valua on Aug 23, 2018, 11:59:27 AM
I think that all trophies were removed by scientists, remember him lying on operating/research room?

This is a pretty good reason.  Unless he's dressed like this from beginning to end, it could very well be because the scientists removed everything prior to him being put on the exam table.  Or, like others have mentioned, he's a dude on a mission, in a space cop uniform.  Not a look that I like or even wanted, but the reasoning makes sense at least.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

In Hunters and Hunted they make a point of that Predator being stripped of everything, including the trophies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed