Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 917,121 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Wweyland on May 16, 2019, 11:37:39 AM
Playing the Unreal Tournament single player campaign (with bots), it's quite great actually.
Oh man, that takes me back.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

DOOM (2016)
Borderlands 2
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

First Blood

First Blood

Been cruising through Mortal Kombat 11 story mode. Until the final boss. She whooped my ass multiple times.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on May 20, 2019, 03:41:59 PM
Been cruising through Mortal Kombat 11 story mode. Until the final boss. She whooped my ass multiple times.

How you likin' that Ronda Rousey?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Vertigo on May 16, 2019, 03:29:14 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on May 16, 2019, 11:37:39 AM
Playing the Unreal Tournament single player campaign (with bots), it's quite great actually.

<3

UT has some of the best atmosphere of any game I've played. Certainly of any arena FPS, by a very wide margin. Also love the worldbuilding you get in the character bios, map descriptions and visual design - it somehow becomes an immersive sci-fi universe. By the time you finally face Xan, the hype is very real.

They completely dropped the ball with all of that in UT2003. I like its more defensive and movement-intensive gameplay, and IMO it's a better online game than the first one, but there's basically zero atmosphere and the worldbuilding isn't played seriously or consistently.

I always found the original Unreal to be a diamond in the rough.  It somehow felt very professional and amateuris at the same time which gave it a unique charm.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on May 21, 2019, 09:54:41 PM
Quote from: First Blood on May 20, 2019, 03:41:59 PM

How you likin' that Ronda Rousey?

She can't act. We've seen that. And she can't even read dialogue off a page to bring a character to life. Just horrible.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Mortal Kombat 11

Finished story mode quite a while back, now I've been climbing Erron Black's character tower. On stage 4 currently. Yes, I main Erron, he's my go-to. My Kombat Kard is Erron themed at the moment as well. Mostly playing the daily AI Battles because I'm garbage at public matches, but I like playing against friends in private lobbies.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I was playing System Shock 2, and beat the first three decks.

lost dragon

lost dragon

Got bored with GTA 5 near the end on PS4..

Sooo much driving between missions with little of interest taking place 😢

So after recently wrapping up Dark Souls III and DLC, Bloodborne and DLC. .

Dipped into Tempest 4000..Jeff..erm WTF have you done mate?

Lot harder and your throwing so much visual madness on screen it's impossible to decipher what's going on at times cue a death that's not really the players fault 😢

Now on Nioh. ..

Wait what?  A Samuari game that starts in Tower Of London..then once you reach Japan has a tutorial mission? .

Ass being royally kicked already..making Bloodborne look easy by comparison.

New play mechanics to learn.

The Old One

The Old One

The Witcher Wild Hunt, needed to wash GoT's ending out of my mouth with something good.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: lost dragon on May 26, 2019, 05:14:01 PMGot bored with GTA 5 near the end on PS4..

Sooo much driving between missions with little of interest taking place 😢

GTA V's city and world trounced IV's, but honestly I much preferred the latter's story and characters. And I've still not really forgiven Rockstar for binning off the single player expansion they were working on for GTA V.

Still working through Dead Space 2. Fairly sure I'm getting close to the end now. If I'm honest, I'm not loving it like I did the first, although I'm not entirely sure why.

lost dragon

lost dragon

Completed Dead Space 1-3 (and love Extraction).

Series went downhill with each new instalment for myself.

The gore level was increased for DSII but at expense of the games atmosphere,  gameplay all too often degenerated into genetic room clearing.

A shame as they hinted at what could of been done by using your environment to your advantage by blowing out windows and opening rooms upto the cold vacuum etc.

Spent far too much of DSIII throwing controller down, swearing...general game rage nonsense.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I loved the initial first few chapters of DS2, but once the rest of the human population was annihilated I thought it lost all of what made it unique in comparison to the first, mainly npc interactions to help further the story.  It would have been better had Isaac constantly run into other survivors trying to survive the necromorphs and missions be set up that way.  It would have been taxing for the PS3 to be sure but would've been awesome to have Isaac and his engineering abilities try to save some survivors from being overrun. 

To me after a point it treads too closely to the original.  Which isn't bad, but it isn't innovative or new either.

DS1-3 remind me of F.E.A.R 1-3.  Not in terms of gameplay but in terms of diminishing returns out of what made the originals in both series so successful.

I don't consider any games in either series bad, I've beaten all of them multiple times, but the first and second out of each series I've six or seven times more than the third games.

I'm currently soloing the last few missions with the black tusk in division 2.  Also might get back around to motorcycle redemption zombie 2.  I've heard its better late game than it is early.  But so far it feels like generic The Last of Us.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: lost dragon on May 28, 2019, 02:56:08 PMThe gore level was increased for DSII but at expense of the games atmosphere,  gameplay all too often degenerated into genetic room clearing.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. It's didn't have that all-pervasive sense of dread that the first did. By the final chapters I felt little more than a sense of simply going through the motions.

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 03, 2019, 03:37:42 AMI loved the initial first few chapters of DS2, but once the rest of the human population was annihilated I thought it lost all of what made it unique in comparison to the first, mainly npc interactions to help further the story.

Also this. Although I'll admit the surprise return to the Ishimura late on was one of my favourite sections.

Anyway, I finished it. The final boss battle was a disappointing non-event - I beat it in about thirty seconds with no effort at all - but overall it wasn't bad. Final boss aside, I found it was substantially harder than the first.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I can't remember what the weapon was called but I had the complete upgraded sniper rifle and obliterated the final boss in an instant.  I didn't realize it was much harder with just about any other weapon until I read message boards about everybody else struggling with it after the game was released.

Since I like mental trauma overwhelming PC in game storylines and messing with your characters head, I actually liked Nicole's brief appearances in the game. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed