Detective John Schaefer

Started by acrediblesource, May 25, 2020, 10:43:16 PM

Author
Detective John Schaefer (Read 6,277 times)

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 21, 2020, 11:26:32 PM
Quote from: SpaceKase on Jun 20, 2020, 10:44:24 PM
Quote from: overthere on Jun 19, 2020, 03:56:21 PM
More like detective John Kimble

The Hunting Grounds dlc will come with tactical ferrets as his special weaponry.

Kindergarten Cop got me into Woozles. I have four fuzzbutts. I would be totes happy if we could have tactical woozles.

Actually, it's the Heffalump you really gotta watch your back around, no one knows what planet the Yauts hauled 'em in from but they're massive, nearly unstoppable, and they have this natural chameleon ability that allows them to totally evade detection until they're already inside your perimeter and robbing your camp blind of all Veritanium and... well, honey oddly enough.

Also, dayum, you've got four Wooz?? That sounds like some serious Business.

( /\ ferret joke. )

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

So much time has passed since I've given this thread another read and the more i thought about it, I was asking myself if what kind of game would a single player Predator game succeed in and hasn't already been done.
and I thought that this twist of perspectives might be this forumula:
Through the lens of Dutch, in a future setting where the world is corrupting itself through the use of technology, cybernetic implants and civil war,  Dutch now working for OWLF, unravels a cult whom also follows the code of the Yautja terrorizing the city. By infiltrating the cult he discovers that they have ties to Stargazer in their quest to ally with the Yautja race. Through investigating Stargazer he dives into the mystery that surrounds the alien race and where they come from whiling leading himself into an impending invasion.

Tichinde

Tichinde

This is an old topic but why Arnold?

Dolph Lundgren pretty much looks identical to Detective Shaefer in my opinion and this way you could have both in the same movie. He also still acts and takes contracts (as seen in Creed 2) so I would love to see him finally get to play Dutch's brother. Wouldn't hold my breath though.

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

That could be wicked, he'd have to master the fine art of Arnie's one liners though. Didn't he succeed Arnold in Kindergarten Cop 2: Straight to DVD ?

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jun 26, 2020, 11:36:36 AM
So much time has passed since I've given this thread another read and the more i thought about it, I was asking myself if what kind of game would a single player Predator game succeed in and hasn't already been done.
and I thought that this twist of perspectives might be this forumula:
Through the lens of Dutch, in a future setting where the world is corrupting itself through the use of technology, cybernetic implants and civil war,  Dutch now working for OWLF, unravels a cult whom also follows the code of the Yautja terrorizing the city. By infiltrating the cult he discovers that they have ties to Stargazer in their quest to ally with the Yautja race. Through investigating Stargazer he dives into the mystery that surrounds the alien race and where they come from whiling leading himself into an impending invasion.

That's actually pretty sweet. Depending on how messed up you want to get with the psychological horror angle, you could have the cult members be offshoots of the Bunting cult from Hunters I, or if you wanted to get creepier and more messed up, you could make the cult of Yautja's Bad Bloods from the Killer's clan of Three World War, Yauts and humans all under the timeless sway of the Ancient God from Chione. That would put Schaef really out of his element the deeper down he went, dealing first with human sacrifice and then more grisly and eldritch the further down he descends, almost like a Dante's Inferno kind of thing.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Yes sounds like Dolph is a great choice for a brother of Arnolds!

Master

Master

Watch Dark Angel a.k.a. I come in peace. It's basically Predator2 ripoff with Dolph Lundgren in it  ;)

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Agree to disagree, I Come In Peace is not even close to P2  :P

Master

Master

No body said it's close, only that it's a rip off of it.

FatStu

FatStu

I was just saying in another thread how cool it would be if some of the DH titles got adapted into straight to video animated movies (much like DC comics).

If that had ever happened, I think somebody like Robert Patrick or Clancy Brown would be a superb choice as voice actor.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: FatStu on Aug 31, 2020, 01:49:44 PM
I was just saying in another thread how cool it would be if some of the DH titles got adapted into straight to video animated movies (much like DC comics).

I'd love it if we got some animated output like the DC stuff. I've not seen them myself, but they're supposed to be pretty decent.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 02, 2020, 08:27:41 AM
Quote from: FatStu on Aug 31, 2020, 01:49:44 PM

I'd love it if we got some animated output like the DC stuff. I've not seen them myself, but they're supposed to be pretty decent.
Most of the DC animated movies are good; better than the equivalent Marvel animated movies I've seen, which seem aimed at a younger audience. Makes me wonder if animated comic adaptations by Marvel would work.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They've got an animated AvP sat on a shelf somewhere, just waiting for release...What I would give to see it.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 03, 2020, 08:38:18 AM
They've got an animated AvP sat on a shelf somewhere, just waiting for release...What I would give to see it.

That would be really great to see right about now, would be a nice distraction. Plus i'm starving for some new AvP content

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed