Is The Beast Cooked? (And Alien and Predator Under The House That Mickey Built) - AvPGalaxy Podcast #58

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 16, 2017, 06:40:24 AM

Author
Is The Beast Cooked? (And Alien and Predator Under The House That Mickey Built) - AvPGalaxy Podcast #58 (Read 28,610 times)

Maron

@skhellter

Hopefully.

FOX is just too incompetent to make good decisions after Alien3  and even this movie isn't beyond controversy.

Whatever Disney is going to do with this franchise, they will have a plan, because they are competent.

Hopefully by burying Scott's trilogy, but unfortunately that won't happen.

tleilaxu

Here's what should be buried:
1. Aliens 2. If you want le pulse rifle marine XD vs le buggy xeno version 2 you should just go play videogames instead.
2. Any notion of Neill Blomhack/Hackkamp ever directing an alien movie. The guy is a shit director, this is objective fact.
3. People like you making guest accounts to spam the same thing in every thread. I'm 99% certain you are Dabau.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: tleilaxu on Dec 09, 2017, 05:16:00 PM
1. Aliens 2. If you want le pulse rifle marine XD vs le buggy xeno version 2 you should just go play videogames instead.
2. Any notion of Neill Blomhack/Hackkamp ever directing an alien movie. The guy is a shit director, this is objective fact.
3. People like you making guest accounts to spam the same thing in every thread. I'm 99% certain you are Dabau.

4. This kind of elementary schoolyard behavior.

QuoteThe guy is a shit director, this is objective fact.

Lets see, District 9... 4 Academy Award nominations including best picture and best screenplay for "Blomhack". Made back more than x7 it's production budget at the box office. Yep, shit director and that's an "objective fact".

PierreVW

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 09, 2017, 05:49:27 PM
Quote from: tleilaxu on Dec 09, 2017, 05:16:00 PM

4. This kind of elementary schoolyard behavior.

QuoteThe guy is a shit director, this is objective fact.

Lets see, District 9... 4 Academy Award nominations including best picture and best screenplay for "Blomhack". Made back more than x7 it's production budget at the box office. Yep, shit director and that's an "objective fact".

Not shit. But NB is mediocre. Ridley Scott is a way better director than him. It's weird that you and lot of people in this forum don't accept that fact.

kwisatz

Kurai

Quote from: PierreVW on Dec 09, 2017, 06:25:17 PM
Not shit. But NB is mediocre. Ridley Scott is a way better director than him. It's weird that you and lot of people in this forum don't accept that fact.

I'd say NB is a mediocre writer, but his visual directing skills are far above average.

OpenMaw

Blomkamp is a formulaic writer. He writes the same style of story every time.

His direction on the other hand is fantastic.

SM

Quote4. This kind of elementary schoolyard behavior.

:laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quite.

I'm not debating about who's the better director.  It's about these incessant dumbf*ck schoolyard style "Batman is better than Superman" style arguments on these boards. And hyperbolic statements like "Neel Bloomhack is teh shitty directer cause he wants to retconz mah alienz 3". Or "Riply Scot is senile cause he doesn't want to make teh kind of alienz movie I wants". Or the "fact" that anyone who doesn't like the direction Scott is taking the franchise is automatically an Aliens fanboy who just wants pulse rifles and Queens.

Grow up for f*ck's sake!

tleilaxu

tleilaxu

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 09, 2017, 09:35:23 PM
Quite.

I'm not debating about who's the better director.  It's about these incessant dumbf*ck schoolyard style "Batman is better than Superman" style arguments on these boards. And hyperbolic statements like "Neel Bloomhack is teh shitty directer cause he wants to retconz mah alienz 3". Or "Riply Scot is senile cause he doesn't want to make teh kind of alienz movie I wants". Or the "fact" that anyone who doesn't like the direction Scott is taking the franchise is automatically an Aliens fanboy who just wants pulse rifles and Queens.

Grow up for f*ck's sake!
Maybe you're the one who needs to grow up if you can't address other people's opinions without resorting to "dumbf**k schoolyard" and telling people to "grow up".

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 09, 2017, 05:49:27 PM
As if awards and gross are an automatic indicator of quality.

Quote from: Kurai on Dec 09, 2017, 07:06:47 PM

I'd say NB is a mediocre writer, but his visual directing skills are far above average.
Aight I might have to contradict myself here. His visuals are actually pretty good.

BishopShouldGo

Lol if awards and gross aren't indicators of quality then what are. Obviously you won't like every film that does well but come on.

SM

SM

QuoteMaybe you're the one who needs to grow up if you can't address other people's opinions without resorting to "dumbf**k schoolyard" and telling people to "grow up".

Nah, it's not him.

tleilaxu

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 09, 2017, 11:51:18 PM
Lol if awards and gross aren't indicators of quality then what are. Obviously you won't like every film that does well but come on.
They aren't AUTOMATIC indicators. Obviously, this gets quite subjective, but I think most people with a decent taste, i. e. people who are not absolute plebeians, can agree that most superhero movies suck, even though those movies rack in quite a lot of money and probably awards too.

Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2017, 11:57:50 PM
QuoteMaybe you're the one who needs to grow up if you can't address other people's opinions without resorting to "dumbf**k schoolyard" and telling people to "grow up".

Nah, it's not him.
Nice passive aggressive one-liner you got there. I guess it's not a "dumbf**k schoolyard" without a few people ganging up on one poster. I wasn't sure whether to reply but you're practically baiting me.

SM

SM

Sorry, I didn't mean to be passive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed