Alien Isolation DLC: Corporate Lockdown

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 21, 2014, 02:27:06 PM

Author
Alien Isolation DLC: Corporate Lockdown (Read 48,561 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, they pretty much outsourced everything. ACM's assets would be available for use by CA though since Sega owns it.

ikarop

ACM isn't PBR tho. A:I does make use of PBR. Meaning that it'd look pretty bad in comparison with CA's stuff if they just ported things over.

hfeldhaus

It's got to make sense. Why would they set the dlc on fury when there is no connection to it at all at this point in the franchise timeline

ikarop

It''d fan-service and the license covers it so it'd make sense in that regard. We know what all the DLCs are about now anyway so that's ruled out.

Hemi

Hemi

And the whole concept of 1 alien kinda fits it, now don't it.

We got to move around the Nostromo, going back in the past. So they could make 1 map Fury like the pre-order DLC. Just for the fans. It doesn't need to tie into anything besides the movies.

Shame if they passed on it, but seeing how Sega handles it's DLC's (cutting stuff from the total game) it's not a surprise that this will not include Fury DLC.

Never say never though. The movie map pack was one of the highlights of the ACM experience and was (sorta) embraced by the fans. Shame the rest of the game sucked balls in space.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 21, 2014, 04:19:52 PM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Oct 21, 2014, 04:15:21 PM
Quote from: SuicideDoors on Oct 21, 2014, 03:23:22 PM
Fiorina 161 plz
That's 50 years in the future. There's not going to be dlc with that setting

Don't see why not, it's obviously a very old facility according to the visuals in the third film.

Don't be so sure. There may be references, though they'll probably self contained. These people all had pasts before coming to Sevasatopol, so you may not traipse down leadworks proper, doesn't mean there won't be callbacks

Jango1201

If they make an A3 DLC, they must make the Runner complete with it's brand of hostility and agility. Having A:I's alien running would just confuse the experience.

Space Sweeper

Playing as Ransome? Awesome.

He seemed like a complete son of a bitch in his terminals and the stuff that others had to say on him. One of the more interesting terminal story characters, so I'm looking forward to seeing what his whole deal is, and what his ultimate fate ended up being.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 21, 2014, 06:02:02 PM
Even if it was Creative Assembly's lead designer who got their hopes up in the first place?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 13, 2014, 06:42:18 PM
Oh, I would love it if there was an Alien 3 DLC. Gary Napper mentioned his desire to do one at EGX Birmingham.

He only said he wanted to - not that they would. That was his personal desire.

cyt0sk3l3t0n

I don't think we need to go as far as having a Fury map, but hopefully these DLCs will have memorable areas to spice things up a bit. Something besides Seegson Synthetics and SciMed labs. There's plenty of ideas they could use, so hopefully they'll deliver.

Alien Isolation has been pretty successful, there's nothing stopping them from doing more and bigger DLC than planned, Maybe we could go to Fury in A:I2. If they do an A:I2 I suspect it would probably be set on LV-426 before the Sulaco arrives (I'd love some Newt DLC for THAT!), simply because it would take quite a crowbar to insert an Alien into Fury 161 either before or after the events of Alien3.

Knowing it is a successful formula would mean the second game could be more expansive than the first game, meaning they could put more time into designing Fury 161 (maybe even USM Auriga or LV-223) DLC maps.

After all, DLC costs money, why should we expect DLC to always only use assets from the main game! back in the day Expansion packs always added a decent amounts of content, now we have got the the point where we expect them to always be re-hashes of the main game.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: AvatarIII on Oct 22, 2014, 11:36:43 AM
If they do an A:I2 I suspect it would probably be set on LV-426 before the Sulaco arrives (I'd love some Newt DLC for THAT!), simply because it would take quite a crowbar to insert an Alien into Fury 161 either before or after the events of Alien3.

Eggmorphed a prisoner and cocooned one for a host. Boom. Sorted.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 22, 2014, 12:08:27 PM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Oct 22, 2014, 11:36:43 AM
If they do an A:I2 I suspect it would probably be set on LV-426 before the Sulaco arrives (I'd love some Newt DLC for THAT!), simply because it would take quite a crowbar to insert an Alien into Fury 161 either before or after the events of Alien3.

Eggmorphed a prisoner and cocooned one for a host. Boom. Sorted.

I guess that could work, but was the plot of alien Resurrection was that after the events of Alien3, the alien was extinct? Which was why they had to clone Ripley to get the Alien DNA to clone a queen. If there was a second alien on Fury, they would have to come up with a reason why it was completely destroyed.

Seegson

I really want the maps to be unique..."the basement" has its own personality, its look really cool

hfeldhaus

I'd be fine with them implementing some kind of lead mold aesthetic into an un-explored section of the sevastopol but no fury.

The dlc for this should expand on the story not provide fan service so we get to explore another part of the franchise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed