First On Location Pictures of Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 31, 2016, 01:37:30 PM

Author
First On Location Pictures of Alien: Covenant! (Read 102,623 times)

Corporal Hicks

I really need to re-watch Tropic Thunder. I loved it so much when it was released.  :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

I've just had images of Ridley doing Tom Cruise's dance from Tropic Thunder now lol

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 11, 2016, 03:07:56 PMI really need to re-watch Tropic Thunder. I loved it so much when it was released.  :laugh:

It was one of those films I was certain I wouldn't like (I'm really not a Stiller fan) but ended up loving.

Perfect-Organism

Tropic Thunder is like my Catcher in the Rye.  Love that film!  It grew on me too.  At first I thought it absurd, but then watching it over and over again you appreciate the subtly nuanced absurdity.  Its such a rich film.  Brilliant.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 11, 2016, 03:08:58 PM
I've just had images of Ridley doing Tom Cruise's dance from Tropic Thunder now lol

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 11, 2016, 03:10:14 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 11, 2016, 03:07:56 PMI really need to re-watch Tropic Thunder. I loved it so much when it was released.  :laugh:

It was one of those films I was certain I wouldn't like (I'm really not a Stiller fan) but ended up loving.

I think Stiller is very hit-and-miss for me but I knew I was going to love it. It just looked like so much fun.

Perfect-Organism

Wow, this topic just went off the rails in the best way I could imagine.

I also didn't really appreciate stiller or Jack Black for that matter but that film gave me a new appreciation for all of those actors.  They were all great and broke out of their molds.  Especially Tom Cruise.

OWLF

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 11, 2016, 03:07:56 PM
I really need to re-watch Tropic Thunder. I loved it so much when it was released.  :laugh:

Same here, might have to re-watch it tonite as well, it´s been a while.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: OWLF on Apr 11, 2016, 03:27:36 PM

That film is as quotable as Aliens with its one-liners.

OWLF

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 11, 2016, 03:33:40 PM
Quote from: OWLF on Apr 11, 2016, 03:27:36 PM

That film is as quotable as Aliens with its one-liners.

HuDaFuK

Tropic Thunder is even funnier if you known your 'Nam films. There are a lot of references in there.

whiterabbit

Oh come on guys knock it off before Ridley turns Covenant into just another Nam movie... or has it already happened.  :o

CainsSon

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 12, 2016, 12:15:42 AM
Oh come on guys knock it off before Ridley turns Covenant into just another Nam movie... or has it already happened.  :o

Hmmm... I am wondering if this isn't going to basically be Alien meets Apocalypse Now/Heart of Darkness.

Like, for instance, they are moving up this river to reach David, and he is a-wall and basically has a whole Dr Moreau thing going on.

Just a shot in the dark.

Corporal Hicks

Some ariel shots. You can see the ship quite clearly in the water in these images.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 12, 2016, 09:29:54 AM

Some ariel shots. You can see the ship quite clearly in the water in these images.
Nice Boat. Is this School Days all over again?

Gotta love those nice steep mountains, be neat to see a monstrous alien scaling them.

Ultramorph

Ridley sure does know how to find the best scenery! This movie is already looking gorgeous.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed