Ask Two Questions to Gearbox!

Started by ikarop, Jun 08, 2011, 10:11:45 PM

Author
Ask Two Questions to Gearbox! (Read 10,389 times)

ikarop

ikarop

I just got confirmation from Sega that there will be a new trailer coming down the line, no exact time yet.

Also we just got the chance to ask two questions to Gearbox Founder, Brian Martel, post your questions here or PM them to me! We don't have much time so please be quick.

Sega just answered back. Special thanks to Sega and Gearbox for this fantastic chance. All answers are from Brian Martel, CCO of Gearbox Software:

1 - The Hadley's Hope colony was a vapour cloud the size of Nebraska at the end of Aliens. How are you guys planning to reconcile that plot point with the setting of the game?

There are a lot of different ways this question could be answered. Technology is very advanced and presumably, parts of Hadleys Hope were built to keep certain parts safe. Also, when a nuke goes of from the ground, it will explode differently then when it's triggered just before the drop. The explosion will go upwards in a cone shape instead of blow downward thus delivering less damage.
If people would've been there, they would've died, but a vapour cloud wouldn't also destroy everything in the radius the size of nebraska.

2 - The million dollar question. Will aliens be playable?

We'll answer question 2 when development furthers.

3 - Has the game changed much since the early previews from 2008? For example, regarding playable classes, story and localizations?

We've realised the vision that we set back when we started the development. You'll be glad to hear we're huge Aliens fans ourselves, and we just want to create a game that makes the little chestbursters inside us very happy.

Sharp Sticks

I got one.

Wasn't the Hadley's Hope colony a vapour cloud the size of Nebraska at the end of Aliens? How are they planning to reconcile that plot point with the setting of the game?

Salt The Fries

Will there be playable/interactive APC driving segments? Will there still be a medic class in the game and what benefits would it give considering there's a regenerating health model?

Cap. Fitzgerald

Will any new weapons be introduced such as a new model of the Pulse Rifle?
Will we see any cameos from characters in Aliens, either dead or alive?
Approximately how long is the game?
Will Aliens be playable?
Will there be online game modes?

ikarop

ikarop

Thanks guys! I'll keep the thread open for a few more minutes so keep them coming.

XxecutionerxX

XxecutionerxX

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Jun 08, 2011, 10:22:00 PM
Will any new weapons be introduced such as a new model of the Pulse Rifle?
Will we see any cameos from characters in Aliens, either dead or alive?
Approximately how long is the game?
Will Aliens be playable?
Will there be online game modes?
These are perfect!
Also have one: Will the deaths of your other allies be scripted?

Njm1983

Njm1983

Will the majority of the game take place on hadleys hope, or elsewhere?

Kimo

Kimo

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jun 08, 2011, 10:18:31 PM
I got one.

Wasn't the Hadley's Hope colony a vapour cloud the size of Nebraska at the end of Aliens? How are they planning to reconcile that plot point with the setting of the game?

THIS and did the Hamsters survive the blast?

Ok forget about the Hamster bit, but more or less what Sharp Sticks said. :)

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

1) Will the game receive the support it deserves? I mean by this way, will we see major updates every year, new DLC coming after the release and most important, do you plan to release a full SDK?

2) From what I've heard the team at Gearbox software mainly focused on the details to reproduce the Alien atmosphere. But I wonder what happened to the gameplay so here is the question: Is this game in anyway different from any FPS experience coop or is it just a Left 4 Dead like with Xenomorphs?

3) (Probably better said than 2) We know graphics are a tough marketing argument and apparently you've involved much love in reproducing the Aliens environment but what can you tell us about the game mechanic?

Chaotic-Strike

Will there be a multiplayer with playable aliens?
How long is the campaign expected to be?

Space Sweeper

1. Will there be the same attention to build-up for tension purposes as trademark of most of the Alien series?

2. Is the script penned by the Battlestar Galactica writers still to be used?

Deathly_rYaN

Are weapons able to be customized with attachments like a scope for more accuracy and a tracker on a gun?

Kimo

Kimo

Will the be an Alien Hord Mode?

ikarop

ikarop

Ok, questions have been picked. Hopefully the rest will be answered some time in the future.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Alright.
Did you manage to get this opportunity for the site on your own Ikarop?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed