Alien Vault: The Definitive Story of the Making of the Film

Started by CorruptionSolid, Jun 14, 2011, 09:56:14 AM

Author
Alien Vault: The Definitive Story of the Making of the Film (Read 22,988 times)

Xenomrph

How do you measure the set, though?

SM

Work out the dimensions measuring known objects in the frame.

It's not an exact science, but Sigourney Weaver's height is a known for example, and from that you coule work out the height of the loader etc.

Xenomrph

Has Syd Mead or anyone like that ever said how long they intended the Sulaco to be?

LarsVader

Didn't wayforward do some research on the Sulaco regarding the new Marines game and Aliens:Infestation?
Didn't they even work with Syd on this?

Xenomrph

I think Gearbox did, I'm not sure about Wayforward.

LarsVader

Yep, sorry. Meant Gearbox.

SM

I can't imagine the Sulaco layout (or indeed pretty much anything else) is remotely accurate in Infestation.

LarsVader

I think they claimed so in one of those Developer Diary things.
But having played Infestation I'd say it is HUGE in the game.

SM

It is.  Which is why I don't think it's remotely accurate.

Xenomrph

How come?

I don't think it's accurate either, but I wouldn't have a problem with the Sulaco's interior being huge. I mean it's a HUGE ship, and while a good amount could be attributed to engines/sensors/weapons systems, it'd still leave plenty of room for other stuff.

It'll be interesting to see how Colonial Marines handles it, too.

SM

It will handle it just as the game wants it to be handled.  It won't be based on any real accuracy.

The Sulaco being huge isn't a big deal.  The layout in Infestation is dumb, because you do things like docking at the top of the ship instead of the hangar, you can access the inside of the forward antenna array - which doesn't look at all accessable in the film, and I don't recall much room for things like engines would would take up large chunks of the interior.

Xenomrph

I don't know if docking at the top is that big of a deal - maybe the hangar is where things are deployed from, but a general docking port would be up on top or something. The Millennium Falcon had a similar setup - it had the boarding ramp on the underbelly, and then the docking port on the roof.

SM

Dropship in the film docks at the same hangar it departed from at the bottom of the ship.

They just did it for the game to work how they wanted.

Xenomrph

Well sure, but that's a huge dropship hangar. There might be a smaller airlock connection port somewhere else intended for personnel or whatever.

predxeno

For someone who is more interested in any information that can be provided to the actual story and plot of a movie rather than the film processes that were involved in making it, is there anything that'll interest me in this book?  Any tidbits of information that'll add more to the storry already shown in theatres?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed