Alien 5 Will Be Delayed By Avatar Sequels and The Gone World

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 14, 2016, 05:57:07 AM

Author
Alien 5 Will Be Delayed By Avatar Sequels and The Gone World (Read 37,330 times)

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. The whole passing of the torch angle has been spoken about before. Makes perfect sense. Personally I'd rather they just take the Hicks and Ripley-less approach though. 

Kimarhi

And go with the Newt angle or just let the dead rest in peace.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

If they do insist on going down the retcon angle, Newt taking over seems to be the best bet. I do wonder whether they'd recast Newt though or stay with Henn.

Scorpio

They recast Newt in Alien 3 lol.  :P

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 25, 2016, 12:27:59 PM
If they do insist on going down the retcon angle, Newt taking over seems to be the best bet. I do wonder whether they'd recast Newt though or stay with Henn.

They'd definitely recast. Even if Henn has lots of acting talent they'd never risk a movie of this size riding on the shoulders of someone with virtually zero acting experience.

DallasNostromo

It was disappointing to hear Weaver make the comment as she seemed to indicate multiple Avatar sequels. Which could put off Alien 5 for quite some time. Although I'm still a little confused as to when the film is supposed to take place within the Alien franchise and it's relationship to Alien 3. I'd also like to see an Alien film without Weaver in it. It's not that I don't appreciate her talent or what she's meant to the franchise it's just I'm not sure why Fox appears to be hesitant to make a film without her.

Dallas

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Lol we really need to get something straight. Everybody's talking about Fox's allegiance to Ripley.

Guys. Fox is making a Ridley Scott Alien trilogy without Sigourney Weaver. Sure sure, there's connections with Ripley in this trilogy, but who knows just how significant they are. And who knows how it's pulled off. And who knows if they decide to keep it in there. Relax.

And concerning Alien 5, it was Neill who came up with this idea, and posted the artwork on Instagram. Fox didn't go to Neill and say "Give us a Ripley movie."

Corporal Hicks

Just to reiterate the point.

Quoteneillblomkamp - Working on new things. Currently not alien

Corporal Hicks

QuoteWeaver re-confirmed comments at July's Comic-Con that Neill Blomkamp's "Alien" sequel has been postponed.

"He has got work to do, and I have things going on. I hope we do get to do it," she said. "It's one of those things we wanted to do this past year, but I think Ridley [Scott] didn't want them all coming out at the same time."

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/sigourney-weaver-hillary-clinton-alien-fincher-bayona-1201866650/

whiterabbit

Dead, dead, dead! Why can't we all just accept this.

Master

It's not happening. What a surprise  ::)

windebieste

On one level, I'm relieved.  No Retcon is a good thing; and that's welcome News for people who are fans of the 3rd and 4rth movies having to deal with their favourite entries in this series being shunted aside on a folly.   Being treated like their favourite movies were unworthy was a slap in the face to them - as if their opinions were of no consequence, just for the sake of bringing back deceased characters.   No more "Your favourite movies are shit and being ditched and you have no choice" bollocks.  Thank God for that. Thank God this nonsense is gone.

On another level, I do feel regret.  Not regret that continued development of this film is being comprehensively ended; but rather, in regard to it's belated proposal. It's disappointing that Blomkamp wasn't around to bring his ideas to 20th Century Fox a quarter of a Century ago, prior to 'ALIEN 3' as we know it being released; at a time when this proposal would have gained support from everyone.  It would have been a great direction to take the series at an appropriate time in the series history.

Finally - and this is really important - I'm not entirely without sympathy for those fans that desperately wanted to see this Project get green-lit by Fox.  I can appreciate their disappointment.  It really is too late to bring back Ripley, Hicks and Newt and this News comprehensively puts an end to that idea.  For those people who really wanted this to happen, it must be a serious let down  Here's to hoping that critical elements of the movie proposal, mostly plotting and conceptual content, can be salvaged and Blomkamp can still be in a position sometime in the future to make an 'ALIENS' movie. 

I think we would all love that if he could bring back pulse rifle wielding troops and Xenos to the big screen.  It may take another 5 years or so, but I'm hoping he hasn't completely thrown in the towel on his Project.  While I've been an active adversary to the retcon, I still support his involvement at some time in the future to bring a modified vision of his movie to life.   It wouldn't surprise me if one day he returns with a proposal that dovetails better into the entire established series and delivers the core concepts he originally wanted.  I'd like that.

We do need a new 'ALIENS' themed movie for this Century.  I'm hoping he'll come back one day to fill in that gaping hole.

-Windebieste

whiterabbit

Hear, hear. To more Aliens.

PRJ_since1990

Be patience fellow fans. Until it has absolutely been shot down by Fox themselves, Alien 5 has just been pushed to the back burner is all. Put it in the back of our own minds and before we know it, we may very well be buying tickets to go see it.

Kel G 426

It's too early to close the book on this.   Covenant took years to develop and seemed like a dead project for a while (Ridley made another movie in the interim, just as Blomkamp is doing now) .  It's the same with Alien 5.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed