Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It

Started by Darkoo, Jan 27, 2011, 03:03:32 PM

Author
Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It (Read 147,016 times)

MadassAlex

"Agh, buggerit!"

Peakius Baragonius

Aw man, Boladji's dead? I didn't know much about him until now, but wow, I'm sad that we didn't see more of this guy as the Alien! (Or Aliens!)

An AVP with Bolaji Badejo as the Alien and Kevin Peter Hall as Predator would have been awesome...I hope those guys are resting in peace....

And on a side-note, RIP Nicholas Courtney as well... :'(

I'm pretty sure the Alien got quite a few bumps in the ejection sequence, what with the guy in the suit bumping unconvincingly against the hull and all!  ;D

Valaquen

Quote from: Peakius Baragonius on Mar 05, 2011, 02:29:08 AM
I'm pretty sure the Alien got quite a few bumps in the ejection sequence, what with the guy in the suit bumping unconvincingly against the hull and all!  ;D
Read [in Cinefex] that they tried a dummy in some shots of the ejected Alien, probably that particular shot.

Michael Harper

Quote from: MadassAlex on Mar 03, 2011, 11:22:55 AM
"Agh, buggerit!"

Totally off subject, but is "Agh, buggerit!" from A Christmas Carol? HaHa. Cause, that was one of the funniest moments of the entire film!

Sgt. Apone

Man, I'm getting sick and tired of this!! First it's an Alien Prequel, then it's a completely new film called "Promethus" that has nothing to do with Alien. Now they're saying it is?!! My mind is going to explode with all this confusion ???

Fujimaster

Heres what I know unless anyone has heard any different;
1 - Originally Alien prequel
2 - Evolved into 'Promethius' (Original movie)
3 - Confirmed to be set in the Alien Universe
4 - Xenomorphs are in it but not as we know them. Different dna not birthed from humans.
5 - AvPG fooled everyone on April Fools day with concept art for the movie and we all fell for it.

DoomRulz

Pretty much. Except it's "Prometheus".

Sgt. Apone

We're all crossing our fingers.

Bishop2

So I haven't been around this board much over the past few months. I didn't want to get too heavily spoiled for this film once it became clear they were seriously going for a prequel flick.

I would assume by now that people know all kinds of spoilers. We're so close to the release, it's crazy to think a ton hasn't leaked out by now. Maybe they managed to prevent it, but... I'd be surprised.

There is only ONE thing I want to know, and it seems that even with doing searches on the board, I can't find any answers to this question...

Is there going to be any type of Alien/Xenomorph in the damn movie or not? I remember hearing there might be tiny bug-sized aliens, or maybe a proto-facehugger that looks different but basically performs the same function. I can't seem to find any confirmation around here, though, so that's my one question to you guys. Can you do me a favor and tell me if I should expect any/zero actual capital-A "ALIEN" appearance? It'd help me prepare psychologically for what this movie is or isn't going to be.

Of course, maybe we seriously don't know yet. Which would be pretty amazing, and would seem to indicate "no" is the answer.

RoaryUK

Quote from: SiL on Mar 03, 2011, 08:09:39 AM
The Alien Redux has some great shots of the Alien during the Parker/Lambert sequence, a not-so-good one during the shuttle bounce at the end, and a friggin' out of place one during the vents sequence.

Yep, I'd also add the Alien Redux cocoon sequence is much better, why Ripley's dialogue was cut for the D.C. I'll never understand (though Scott would probably say "for pacing" as always) and that scene is in the right place here as well.  ;)

DoomRulz

Quote from: Bishop2 on May 14, 2012, 06:52:49 PM
So I haven't been around this board much over the past few months. I didn't want to get too heavily spoiled for this film once it became clear they were seriously going for a prequel flick.

I would assume by now that people know all kinds of spoilers. We're so close to the release, it's crazy to think a ton hasn't leaked out by now. Maybe they managed to prevent it, but... I'd be surprised.

There is only ONE thing I want to know, and it seems that even with doing searches on the board, I can't find any answers to this question...

Is there going to be any type of Alien/Xenomorph in the damn movie or not? I remember hearing there might be tiny bug-sized aliens, or maybe a proto-facehugger that looks different but basically performs the same function. I can't seem to find any confirmation around here, though, so that's my one question to you guys. Can you do me a favor and tell me if I should expect any/zero actual capital-A "ALIEN" appearance? It'd help me prepare psychologically for what this movie is or isn't going to be.

Of course, maybe we seriously don't know yet. Which would be pretty amazing, and would seem to indicate "no" is the answer.

Not Aliens capital A, but "bio-mechanical creatures". Those are the exact words of the producer, I think it was. If I had the quote handy, I'd link you.

Qwertify

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 15, 2012, 02:50:02 PM

Not Aliens capital A, but "bio-mechanical creatures". Those are the exact words of the producer, I think it was. If I had the quote handy, I'd link you.

I think Scott said in a featurette that the Engineers have control of various forms of biology and biomechanoids.

Bishop2

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 15, 2012, 02:50:02 PM

Thanks for the update. Sounds good to me.

Qwertify

I didn't know where else to put this but this looks ok:

Were you initially reluctant to make another Alien film considering how the brand's been treated in the years since, with films like Alien vs. Predator and Alien: Resurrection?

"Listen, you do whatever you gotta do to keep something going, and I don't do that. I tend to make the film and move on. Ironically, here we are over 30 years later and I think you might not even argue it's a prequel. Once you start into the evolution of the story, it moves so far away from Alien that there's only the mere DNA of the original in Prometheus."

This is from a new interview with Ridley Scott:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/05/17/ridley-scott-opens-up-about-prometheus-kick-ass-women-and-blade-runner-2.html

JayHy17

Quote from: Qwertify on May 17, 2012, 10:24:56 PM
I didn't know where else to put this but this looks ok:

Were you initially reluctant to make another Alien film considering how the brand's been treated in the years since, with films like Alien vs. Predator and Alien: Resurrection?

"Listen, you do whatever you gotta do to keep something going, and I don't do that. I tend to make the film and move on. Ironically, here we are over 30 years later and I think you might not even argue it's a prequel. Once you start into the evolution of the story, it moves so far away from Alien that there's only the mere DNA of the original in Prometheus."

This is from a new interview with Ridley Scott:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/05/17/ridley-scott-opens-up-about-prometheus-kick-ass-women-and-blade-runner-2.html

I think he's just messing with everyone. At least i hope! I want to see a freaking xeno.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed