New Alien game from the makers of Total War

Started by kvon17, May 12, 2011, 11:34:59 AM

Author
New Alien game from the makers of Total War (Read 28,298 times)

panzytuio

panzytuio

Ohhh you guys are in for a treat. Funny thing is, the two main forums I visit on the internet are avpgalaxy.net and twcenter.net. I AM A BIG TOTAL WAR FAN! They are amazing games, with many hundreds of amazing community mods. Expect this to be refreshing development if anything. I was just at twcenter before I came to check the AVP news actually. It's confusing when you start to see Creative Assembly on both websites...

CavatinaTheXeno

CavatinaTheXeno

Alien vs Human :D Sounds great just do it right! And if it a RTS the units, voices, story and AI need to be perfect then it will be a winner. :D and it better be for PC >:(

why is everyone assuming it will be total war based? it's much more likely it will be based on the Viking: Battle for Asgard game that they also made, which was published by Sega, and was also a R rated current gen console based game made by creative assembly, i'm pretty confident that it will use the same engine, and by the sounds of things said in articles (that it's peers will be Dead Space and RDR) it sounds liek it will be a TPS, Viking was a Thirsd Person hack'n'slash, adding shooting wouldn't be too difficult.

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

Great stuff, look forward to hearing more on this.  ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Sounds really cool.

Quote from: Pn2501 on May 12, 2011, 02:58:01 PM
It won't be an rts, because wevall know they suck on consoles. Alien total war would be awesome.

Halo Wars would like a word with  you.

Pn2501

Pn2501

cant say I've played that one, my issues with them extend from control methods, last one i attempted to play way c&c generals on the N64, I'm also not a fan of fps on consoles for the same reason, PC is where they should live, or at least with a keyboard and mouse.

keeperxiii

keeperxiii

Could it be a title for the Wii 2? If motion controls are still in (which of course they are) then it could really be it.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

The word "SEGA" makes me worry, but since it's based on the first film for a change, im all down for a horror 3rd person adventure game. Hope it turns out well.

Bronx Alien

Bronx Alien

I'm probably going to keep an eye to see where this will lead to.

Xenomrph

Have we heard anything new about this?

Xenomrph

Whoops, I didn't realize Creative Assembly made Total War, I thought this thread was about a totally different game in development.

ikarop

CA is hiring people for the (now confirmed) multiplayer aspect of the game:

QuotePosition Overview:
We are seeking an experienced programmer with proven skills in the area of gameplay and multi-player games. The successful applicant will be working on a AAA multi-platform console title set in the Alien universe.

Key responsibilities:
Technical design and development of online systems including: in-game synchronisation, matchmaking and lobbies, voice chat, gameplay modes.

QuotePosition Overview:
We're looking for a hugely talented multiplayer/network programmer to work on our AAA multiplatform console title, set in the Alien universe. This is a significant role on our team.

http://creative-assembly.com/?page_id=1559

Born Of Cold Light

An RTS based on the first Alien film?  It could be amazing.  I wonder if maybe this might be a heavily updated version of the strategy 1984 Alien game.  Regardless, I have high hope for this.

chupacabras acheronsis

this is a real thing?

egads

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed