Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy

Started by ajm, Feb 10, 2010, 10:17:49 AM

Author
Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy (Read 172,375 times)

S.Y.L

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Feb 11, 2010, 09:00:34 AM
THERE WILL BE NO CROUCHING. Rebellion confirmed. Now stop asking about it.

we`ve said about the SDK/tools several thousand times as well but that doesn`t seem to have gone over either ;)

RubberChickenMan

RubberChickenMan

First of all welcome to avpgalaxy

I have just one simple question. (spoilers)

We all know there are some Ripley references in the game when  Karl Bishop Weyland talks about her facing the xenomorphs 3 times.

Will there be some references on dutch or Harrigan from the 2 classic predator movies?

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

A reminder: This thread is for questions for Rebellion regarding gameplay ONLY. If you have a comment regarding someone else's question or regarding Rebellions answers, please discuss them in another, relevant, thread (preferably an existing one).

kroenen77

I would be happy to see a pic of the facehugger from the hunteredition.Wanna look how big it really is. ;)
And I have a question about the Predatormasks in the MP or SP:
I´ve seen in the combatmovestrailer,that the Wolfbio from AVP2 is still in the game..but whats with the Celtic,Copper and the golden Predator 2 mask?
And a question about the storymodus:How long is the marine,alien and predatorstory really?The Reviewers talked about a very short Alien and Predatorstoryline.Thats right?

tommacool

Will there be dedicated servers for the PC?
The muzzle flash lightning is too big so when I am shooting I cant see anything. Will this be fixed for the PC?
The marine walks too slow, even his run speed is too slow. Will this be fixed for the PC?
Will you release the "code" to the mod community for the PC?
Will there be more graphics options than the demo has for the PC?
Will the single-player aliens A.I spawn randomly like they did in AVP 1999 or will it all be scripted events (like AvP2 had)?
What engine did you use to create AVP?
In single player will you be able to dismember limbs from aliens A.I with pulse rifle like the 1999 version?
Will the facehugger kill you as fast as in 1999?
Will you improve the strenght of the flamethrower? I cant kill anyone with it in multiplayer.

That was all! I loved your 1999 pc game, I am still playing it. I hope this new game of yours will live in a long time

Noodle

Noodle

Wow, I don't think Eric knew what he was getting himself into when he agreed to answer questions for this site.

As for MY question I was wondering how the survival mode works in terms of:
* Getting guns and ammo, more specifically if there's a point system or how the items will re-spawn etc.
* If there is some sort of ranking with the amount of time that you survive or how many kills you get?
* Will there be a round system or some sort of elapsed time or something to know how long you have survived for?
* What aspects will the A.I. increase in as you get further? Numbers and different types of aliens obviously, but will they increase in things like strength, speed, dexterity and will they evolve their tactics accordingly to how your team plays and how far you get?

If you get around to answering my questions or not I'm glad you are putting in the time to communicate with your fan base to an extent that game developers before you wouldn't even consider.

Eidotemit

The alien cab see through walls and highlights targets that are within about twenty meters; however when in the same room as enemies, shouldn't the alien be able to see them highlighted across the room (with no wall interference)? To perhaps phrase that better: When there is a wall in the way, the aliens "pheromone" vision is reduced to 20 meters, but when there is no wall in the way, the range be at least increased to about 50 meters?
Would this be something possible to accomplish? If "yes," would it be something Rebellion is willing to look into?

In the Demo, the range of heavy attacks seems to be very large, hitting targets that [should be] well out of range. Is this a hit detection problem as a result of the demo's pre-release code, or is it deliberate?

The Demon

I had a question about skins, what can you tell us about the skins?

And is their customizable skins? And if their are, does that work for online and single player? And do the the skins in general works for single player?

provost

Hello,

Devs should do what you do and it should be mandatory, but it's not, and still here you are. I respect that alot and all of us here appreciate the gesture.

Here goes: Rebellion worked on the first AvP, people still plays AvP (gold) despite it being a 10 years old game.
What made you switch from Gold's gameplay an insanely fast paced multiplayer to a more tactical approach? What made you say, " we think this is the right recipe" ?

Thanks!

OnkelMonty

How many diffrentn types of Aliens are in this game?
And,are there other unknown types of monsters?

(excuse my embaressing english ^^)

grake69

will the alien be able to pounce on marines/preds like the one we saw in the Marine's trailler? I mean to knock them over. That would be awesome. Thank you for answering the questions.

Reaper1994

Will the maps of the hunter edition be available later on a dlc and what will the dlc include?

BWHuntress

Hi there :)  thanks for this Q&A!

My question is about the Predator arsenal - any chance of getting some additions via DC?  The speargun is obviously a fan favorite and I think a lot of people are surprised it wasn't included in a game with such a robust physics engine.  Seems tailor made for things like pinning people to the wall!   :o

Eldritch

Quote from: Reaper1994 on Feb 11, 2010, 01:09:55 PM
Will the maps of the hunter edition be available later on a dlc and what will the dlc include?

This has been answered a million times in various interviews. Yes, they will be available later as buyable DLC. The DLC contains the maps of the Hunter Edition, you just answered that yourself  ;D (Machine, Hive, Outpost and Docks; I think the first two are Survivor maps while the other two are "regular" MP maps, but I can be wrong, so do not take my word for it).

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

This thread is for asking questions regarding AvP gameplay for Rebellion ONLY.

If someone asks a question that has already been answered, respond to them via PM. This thread is not for discussions. We appreciate your help in answering these repeated questions but we ask that from now on you respond to people via PM to inform them.

This thread is for gameplay questions for Rebellion, ONLY.

Thank you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed