"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel

Started by Stolen, Sep 02, 2020, 07:24:59 PM

Author
"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel (Read 64,328 times)

irn

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Mar 27, 2022, 02:11:56 AM
That teaser trailer sure didn't help.

Still waiting to discover on Earth that everybody can hear you scream.

BlueMarsalis79

Imagine if they do a new rendition of that trailer for Noah Hawley's Series...

Immortan Jonesy

That egg almost looked like LV-426  :o *my first time*

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Maybe Ridley could mske a film about Shaw traveling with another head?

Perhaps the drawings simply depict clones, and the real one got away, just a shower thought.

Kradan

BlueMarsalis79

I think it's more understandable now.

Stitch

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 01, 2022, 10:20:29 AM
I think it's more understandable now.
Not quite. Run that by me again, please? Can't put my finger on what you mean, sorry.

BlueMarsalis79

Shower thought: Elizabeth Shaw escaped at a point, basically what we see in Alien Covenant being David's clones of the good Doctor, hence the various drawings might be interpreted literally.

This might have happened during the deployment of the Pathogen, the ship awakened Shaw, who then confronted David causing the crash we see occurred.

The specifics do not particularly matter but basically I think there's enough wiggle room to bring Shaw back if you wanted to, the original, played by Noomi Rapace and it might be a nice inversion of Resurrection like so much of Covenant already mirrors.

St_Eddie

Eh, I think the last thing the prequels need is even more nonsensical retcons.

BlueMarsalis79

I can think of a few the narrative might benefit from honestly.

1. David's not the creator.

2. The Space Jockey predates the Engineers.

3. Elizabeth Shaw's actually alive.

Local Trouble

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 01, 2022, 05:42:35 PM

3. Elizabeth Shaw's actually alive.

1 and 2 are benefits.  Not so sure about 3.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 01, 2022, 05:42:35 PM

Both of those are theoretical retcons to fix the aforementioned preexisting nonsensical retcons.  If they keep on adding more and more retcons, it'll just end up getting increasingly messy (see the Star Wars sequel trilogy).

Kradan

Shaw is dead,  we saw her dissected corpse on a table, end of story. Deal with it, get over it. And keep that "Shaw clones" bullshit outta here, it ain't Star Wars and she ain't Jango Fett

BlueMarsalis79

I just felt Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender worked great together on-screen, and that's unlikely to be replicated, with anyone else putting an end to his various machinations you have to do a lot more to earn it.

And I also really like the angle of the idea of the character confronting their horrific children that he created, and perhaps a comeuppance for the way he violated both Charlie Holloway and her, I feel like there's a weird f**ked up story there.

One I'd love to see personally.

Maybe I just desperately wanna see Noomi explore space and existentialism with a android's head in a bag.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 01, 2022, 06:04:02 PM
Maybe I just desperately wanna see Noomi explore space and existentialism with a android's head in a bag.

You do. Just as many wanted further adventures of Ix and Noot

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed