Information

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 23, 2006, 12:38:11 AM

Author
Information (Read 50,092 times)

Yautja

Yautja

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 02, 2007, 08:55:02 PM
I'm not sure if this has been mention, but Obsidian said that this is going to be an "Action RPG"

Chris Avellone did a nice storyboard concerning this on his blog.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Thank you, i couldn't find that damn pic.

Cpl Hudson

Cpl Hudson

soooo many things they could put in this game.  If its an rpg and you get to play as an alien i would hope it doesnt become to repetitive, for example: Leave hive, immobolise possible host, bring back to hive, cocoon near egg, repeat.  It would be cool if you had to scout out possible areas for a hive location, identify accesible areas of population to gather suitable hosts, maybe even have to adapt your alien physiology to suit changes in the environment such as atmospheric changes etc.  So many things you could do with playing as an alien, especially in combat, although i love the AvP games, playing as an Alien was immensely cool but somewhat limited in how you could attack, claw swipe, tail whip, head bite.  I'd like to see you stalk your prey, wait for the oppurtune moment to strike so as not to draw unwanted attention, having the choice to immobilise your prey for transporting back to the hive, or outright killing them if they posed a significant threat to the hive, maybe even calling for additional alien back up for difficult opponents etc...anybody agree?

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Cpl Hudson on Jun 10, 2007, 01:41:47 PM
soooo many things they could put in this game.  If its an rpg and you get to play as an alien i would hope it doesnt become to repetitive, for example: Leave hive, immobolise possible host, bring back to hive, cocoon near egg, repeat.  It would be cool if you had to scout out possible areas for a hive location, identify accesible areas of population to gather suitable hosts, maybe even have to adapt your alien physiology to suit changes in the environment such as atmospheric changes etc.  So many things you could do with playing as an alien, especially in combat, although i love the AvP games, playing as an Alien was immensely cool but somewhat limited in how you could attack, claw swipe, tail whip, head bite.  I'd like to see you stalk your prey, wait for the oppurtune moment to strike so as not to draw unwanted attention, having the choice to immobilise your prey for transporting back to the hive, or outright killing them if they posed a significant threat to the hive, maybe even calling for additional alien back up for difficult opponents etc...anybody agree?

This would be good. I would enjoy the ability to go in the water and jump out, tackling some unsespected guy and kill him. That would be fun. 8)

ShadowPred

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

What is RPG? Whos doing it, what is it for? Pc? When is it coming out?

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Plokoon111 on Aug 01, 2007, 04:48:05 PM
What is RPG? Whos doing it, what is it for? Pc? When is it coming out?

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/games/aliens-crucible/

fluxcap

fluxcap

I didn't know Obsidian was working on this game. With work like Neverwinter Knights and Knights of the Old Republic under their belt, fans are in good hands.

Gates

Gates

Obsidian is great, KOTOR is a great series but i would've been happier had i heard that Squarsoft was making it, however unlikely that sounds. 

automirage04

automirage04

Quote from: ian36015 on Dec 23, 2006, 04:46:36 AM
Sounds interesting.. But ive got a question, Do players play as the Alien species, or people. Maybe both?

Hot diggity, My favorite parts of the AVP games for PC was to be able to play as the alien. Doing it in an RPG would be awsome.

Redfield

Redfield

Quote from: Gates on Aug 01, 2007, 08:02:03 PM
Obsidian is great, KOTOR is a great series but i would've been happier had i heard that Squarsoft was making it, however unlikely that sounds. 

I love the Kingdom Hearts games by squaresoft, but i cant see them doing an Aliens game. Its not their style...

SlashZaku

SlashZaku

Quote from: ian36015 on Dec 23, 2006, 04:46:36 AM
Sounds interesting.. But ive got a question, Do players play as the Alien species, or people. Maybe both?

Both would be nice if possible.  I'd love to play as a Marine where you raise certain skills (Explosives, Heavy Weaponry, etc.) but also playing the role of an Alien too (raising skills to evolve possibly).

Harkus

Harkus

Quote from: Clemens93 on Jan 15, 2007, 04:11:58 AM
i am really wondering wat this game will turn out like... how will they turn the alien quadrilogy into an rpg? ripley dint really have a choice to fight the aliens, yet will we in this game? personally, i think it would work best if you played as an alien: it would probably make it more authentic and real.

I thought it had nothing to do with the quadrilogy.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

I hope they don't try to tie it in with the films. I really do. *Painful flashbacks to Alien Trilogy*

On a somewhat lighter note, Obsidian did the Knights Of The Old Republic games, as earlier said, which are pretty good games. However, I hope this game doesn't play like that, it just doesn't seems to have the right pacing or style for an aliens game.

Redfield

Redfield

I agree with Cpl Hudson's earlier comments-- this would certainly make the best game. But, it would be best if they had playable marines as well. They've become a huge part of the franchise now, and without having them playable would be... shit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed