"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel

Started by Stolen, Sep 02, 2020, 07:24:59 PM

Author
"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel (Read 64,372 times)

Predator@Alien

Of course there is a different experience ... I would much prefer to have a film too, but if it's the only solution for us to have the story, then I adapt ^^ '

razeak

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 12, 2021, 05:07:55 PM
From a new interview with The Independent:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FBglTNQXMAcm9ii?format=png&name=small

I would argue that Prometheus directly contributed to the box office performance of Covenant. I enjoy Prometheus overall, but is has some messy issues, and the alien being present was hardly what did Covenant in. Frankly, the alien wasn't necessary, but it did provide for a good climax.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteAs he told me when I spoke with him for this week's episode of my Deadline video series Behind the Lens, this new film will have just six major battle sequences as opposed to only one in some past films based on the historical figure. As you might recall, none other than Stanley Kubrick was planning a Napoleon film that just never got off the ground, but that is almost never the case with Scott, who also has a new sequel to his 2000 Best Picture Oscar winner Gladiator, and another chapter in the Alien saga in the pipeline.

Quotebut that is almost never the case with Scott, who also has a new sequel to his 2000 Best Picture Oscar winner Gladiator, and another chapter in the Alien saga in the pipeline

Quoteand another chapter in the Alien saga in the pipeline

Source Deadline:

https://deadline.com/video/ridley-scott-behind-the-lens/

Kradan

I'll believe it when I see the trailer

BlueMarsalis79

Local Trouble

BlueMarsalis79

Or no bloody helmets...

Kradan

How about that: I predict there will be a underwater sequence and nobody will be wearing any breathing gear

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Hmmmm. Curious. I wonder if things have picked up theatrically with him and Scott Free coming on to produce the show.

Evanus

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, my initial gut reaction is that this is referring to the TV series.

But... I do want to believe.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 01, 2022, 06:09:06 PM
Yeah, my initial gut reaction is that this is referring to the TV series.

But... I do want to believe.

If you read the whole story, you'll see that the tv series is dealt with separately. They are also referring to projects that Scott will direct in that paragraph, Kitbag, Gladiator 2...

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I hope its true. Despite polarising opinion of his prequel films, he deserves to finish the trilogy.

Be quite fitting if it turns out to be his final theatrical production before deciding to retire.

That being said Scott appears to drink from the same fountain of youth as William Shatner so who knows...

Nightmare Asylum

Ridley is never going to retire. Right 'til the bitter end, he's going to be making movies, and bless him for that. Can't wait for Kitbag, I'm very curious to see what the Gladiator sequel is going to be, and I'm crossing everything I have in hopes for an Alien: Covenant sequel.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed