A Public Apology To Randy Pitchford

Started by Local Trouble, Aug 08, 2018, 11:54:01 AM

Author
A Public Apology To Randy Pitchford (Read 74,017 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 13, 2018, 12:01:58 AM
You could all learn a thing or two from ol' Randy.

True. Everybody knows how to disappoint. But few can do so to the extent that Randy did. True betrayal is difficult to master.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 13, 2018, 12:01:58 AM
You could all learn a thing or two from ol' Randy.

Well, ya know what ol' Randy says at a time like this... It's a 7, 7 and a half outta 10.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on Aug 13, 2018, 03:31:26 PM
Well, ya know what ol' Randy says at a time like this... It's a 7, 7 and a half outta 10.

And any changes only made it better.

Local Trouble

It's the season of forgiveness.  Do you have something to tell Randy?

Xenomrph

Bah Humbug

Local Trouble

Doesn't a physical copy of ACM occupy valuable shelf space among your hallowed collection of video games?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 09, 2018, 01:29:49 AM
Doesn't a physical copy of ACM occupy valuable shelf space among your hallowed collection of video games?

Indeed. As a wedge or a support bracket.

Local Trouble

I bet he has two copies.  One for playing and another still in shrink wrap to keep it in mint condition.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 09, 2018, 03:38:24 AM
I bet he has two copies.  One for playing and another still in shrink wrap to keep it in mint condition.
I do have two "copies", one for Xbox (preordered the crazy-deluxe edition, because of course I would) and one on Steam. :P

It's remarkable how the merchandise for Colonial Marines is better than the game, and still keeps coming out to this day for some reason. The power loader statue that came with the deluxe edition is pretty great, and Hiya Toys just released action figures for the Crusher and Raven Alien, and they're excellent.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 09, 2018, 12:03:07 AM
Bah Humbug

Scrooge don't you have a christmas to ruin?  :laugh:

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 09, 2018, 06:29:46 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 09, 2018, 03:38:24 AM
I do have two "copies", one for Xbox (preordered the crazy-deluxe edition, because of course I would) and one on Steam. :P

It's remarkable how the merchandise for Colonial Marines is better than the game, and still keeps coming out to this day for some reason. The power loader statue that came with the deluxe edition is pretty great, and Hiya Toys just released action figures for the Crusher and Raven Alien, and they're excellent.

I wonder if they will make it backwards compatible if it the merchandise is still be released. Although I can't see them doing it, only the more popular games seem to be getting BC for the one.

Local Trouble

And who do we have to thank for that?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 09, 2018, 06:29:14 PM

And who do we have to thank for that?

The game?

Satan. I mean Randy Pitchfork...I mean...

In all seriousness, A:CM is like a burger from that nasty local place you try to avoid. After a year, you find yourself in need of a quick meal and you think "hey, I mean, it's still a burger, maybe I was just in the wrong mood last time". Then you grab one, and two bites into it you remember just how sh*tty it was...and still is.

Local Trouble

Would that ACM merch even exist without Randy though?

On a related note, Duke Nukem Forever is one sale now...

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/deals-with-gold

The Cruentus

Wait Duke nukem forever is the bad one right? if so then damn, I downloaded that.  :P

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 10, 2018, 11:27:10 AM
Wait Duke nukem forever is the bad one right? if so then damn, I downloaded that.  :P
It's not outright "bad" so much as it's "disappointing", doesn't live up to the hype in any way (but honestly I don't think it could have), and is wildly inconsistent from a design standpoint because it uses a lot of dated humor, tries to mash together 90s design sensibilities with modern FPS designs and it doesn't gel well (as opposed to Doom 2016, which absolutely nails it), and lacks a lot of polish.

I still had some fun with the game and I'd say it's worth a play-through just to experience it.
I did get a kick out of the DLC because it resurrects the bad guy from the original Duke Nukem 2D platformer games, which was a fun callback.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed