The Evil Dead Thread

Started by Shasvre, Jul 12, 2011, 02:45:42 PM

Author
The Evil Dead Thread (Read 117,538 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Bruce Campbell confirms that a remake of Evil Dead is on the way.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=41540

Huol

Huol

Great.

Aeus

Aeus

Groovy.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

It's good that Campbell seems enthusiastic.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Is it needed? whats wrong with the original?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Sounds like a 4th film then another remake? Also remakes never have the same actors from the original movie returning the role that they originally play as.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jul 12, 2011, 05:16:53 PMSounds like a 4th film then another remake? Also remakes never have the same actors from the original movie returning the role that they originally play as.
Campbell is going to be a producer, they never said he would play Ash again. :P

Edit: Federico Alvarez is directing the remake/reboot.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/25308

QuoteBloody Disgusting is being told exclusively that Sam Raimi is gearing up to produce a quasi-remake of The Evil Dead, his breakthrough horror film from 1981 that starred Bruce Campbell as "Ash", a modern day warrior who fends of resurrected deadites.

In an exclusive scoop, we're told that Fede Alvarez (Federico Alvarez) is directing for Raimi's Ghost House Pictures and Madnate. The remake was announced way back in 2004. No word on casting or if Bruce Campbell will return.

As Dread Central reported yesterday, it sounds as if caasting is already taking place in Detroit, Michigan for a "low budget" shoot before Raimi steps behind the camera for Oz: The Great and Powerful.

Alvarez got his foot in the door with his epic 2009 sci-fi short Panic Attack!

Darkbladepred2.0

Darkbladepred2.0

If Bruce doesn't come back as Ash, you can count me out.

Quote from: Hubbs on Jul 12, 2011, 03:14:35 PM
Is it needed? whats wrong with the original?

Not a damn thing, sir. Not a damn thing.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

f**k this movie if it's remake. It's Hollywood that thinks they need to remake movies for today's movie goers because the original is too cheesy and old for the young movie crowd. I hate that they remaking Total Recall because they feel like if the original movie is outdated.

Darkbladepred2.0

Darkbladepred2.0

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jul 12, 2011, 06:19:15 PM
f**k this movie if it's remake. It's Hollywood that thinks they need to remake movies for today's movie goers because the original is too cheesy and old for the young movie crowd. I hate that they remaking Total Recall because they feel like if the original movie is outdated.

I hate remakes. I love the original Evil Dead. But... it's not some big Hollywood studio that's decided to make this one. It sounds as if it's Sam Raimi himself.

Doesn't mean I support it. Just wanted to make a point.

Kimo

Kimo

Evil Dead 2 is a remake of Evil Dead. But still no Evil Dead without Ash. :(

Ok say bruce aint in this remake, who do you think should play Ash? thats if they stick with a Ash type of character for this remake.

If Ash had to be a little older then when Bruce played him in the 80's then i would love someone like Sharlto Copley to play him.

First Blood

First Blood

Glad Campbell has high hopes for this.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Even if Bruce is involved, I can't imagine this turning out well.

First Blood

First Blood

Then don't watch it. What more can I say.

genocyber

genocyber

Just remember, Bruce stars in alot of shitty ass films outside of Raimi.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed