The AvPGalaxy Podcast

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 21, 2011, 06:04:02 PM

Author
The AvPGalaxy Podcast (Read 125,229 times)

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

I enjoyed the first Podcast! Both Corporal Hicks and Mikey did a wonderful job and I don't mind your accent Corporal Hicks ^_^, I liked how it wasn't just straight forward AVP news you both had fun with it and went on a few different subjects which was nice.  Congrats everyone who made it possible!

Neon_Knight

Neon_Knight

Personal opinion - you guys definitely need better quality recording hardware.   The sound of breathing on the microphone really makes it seem less professional.   Or get some kind of guard infront of the microphone so you don't breathe on it.  That way it'll sound more like a podcast and less like people talking on counterstrike chat. Besides that, I'd reccomend having some kind of background noise, music of some kind.   Besides that, it seemed pretty cool to me.

Brother

Brother

The sound is ok, Hicks' mic is too close to his mouth.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, that's probably because I always put a mic close to my mouth due to my XB mic being terrible and people not being able to hear me. XD I'll move it away next time.

As for background...I had tried having a track in the background but I decided against it. I'll try again for the next one. Maybe try a different track.

Brother

Brother

I don't know what apps yall used, but you can try Teamspeak 3. Offers good sound quality, reduces background noise, allows you to record sessions, has a bunch of useful features.

Neon_Knight

Neon_Knight

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 22, 2011, 12:39:15 PM
As for background...I had tried having a track in the background but I decided against it. I'll try again for the next one. Maybe try a different track.

Yeah, well if I were doing it, I'd put it right down so that it's barely audible but it's enough to cover up the hiss of background noise. You could just use Jerry Goldsmith's soundtrack to Alien, very ambient, minimalist.  I'd think it was perfect for that sort of thing. But that's just me. This is assuming you're not bothered by the fact that you'd be illegally broadcasting copyrighted music.  I'm not bothered by that sort of thing personally but some might be. 

SM

SM

I'd avoid background music.  It can be distracting and annoying.  Just intro and outro music.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: SM on Feb 22, 2011, 11:22:35 PM
I'd avoid background music.  It can be distracting and annoying.  Just intro and outro music.

I agree, stay clear of clogging it up with too much noise. Nice and simple.

subtledestroyer12

subtledestroyer12

i thought you guys did an awesome job, looking forward to the next one.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Okay guys, for episode #2 we're asking members of the community for something. #2 is going to be themed around merchandise and we're after clips of our community telling us:

*Why they collect merch.
*What they're most prized item is.
*How much you think you've spent.
*And who you are.

If you're interested in submitting a clip, please email me at corporalhicks - at - avpgalaxy.net with the subject Podcast Clip. Please ensure the clip is an audio MP3 file. Thanks.  :)

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Well I won't be doing that one but I'll be interested in seeing everyone.
Sabres should do dat shit.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 23, 2011, 05:55:31 PM
Okay guys, for episode #2 we're asking members of the community for something. #2 is going to be themed around merchandise and we're after clips of our community telling us:

*Why they collect merch.
*What they're most prized item is.
*How much you think you've spent.
*And who you are.

If you're interested in submitting a clip, please email me at corporalhicks - at - avpgalaxy.net with the subject Podcast Clip. Please ensure the clip is an audio MP3 file. Thanks.  :)

Compaired to everyone else here my collection is no where as impressive but I might be able to think of something.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Feb 23, 2011, 11:21:43 PM
Well I won't be doing that one but I'll be interested in seeing everyone.
Sabres should do dat shit.

Agreed with Fitz. I'm not a collector, but I can't wait to hear what you guys have to say!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just to let everyone know we've wrapped up our interview for the next episode (had a few delays in getting a guest sorted) but we got NECA on, Mikey and I will get the rest of it done tomorrow and I'm aiming for a release early next week, delaying to get some extra stuff from NECA.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Looking forward to it. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed