Who did you care about?

Started by War Wager, Jun 28, 2007, 01:22:54 PM

Author
Who did you care about? (Read 12,877 times)

SiL

SiL

Gimme Anderson any day.

SM

SM

Indeedwah.

Sadly.

volkatinax.2893r

volkatinax.2893r

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Jul 03, 2007, 04:05:13 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 29, 2007, 01:35:55 AM
Now that is poor writing from Anderson. Actually giving character to the characters, he did not.

I wanted to see more of Adele Rousseau, Agathe de la Boulaye's character...

Usually, in 90-minute action movies, the characters don't usually get a lot of character...

In a movie called 'Aliens versus Predator', humans take a backseat because, although they are needed to make us identify with their ordeals and stuff, the movie is about the clash of these two formidable creatures, NOT the humans...All they'll do is look scared, flee, and die...

In AVP2, the same will happen, even less, because in a horror-like movie, all they do is...

...(U guessed it)...

...Look scared, flee and die...  :D

There is nothing more to it in a movie like this... I actually like when the villainous among the group buys it, like Carter Burke, or Spt. Andrews, or Wren... Can't beat the adrenaline rush there, guys...  ;)

I don't ever expect these crossover movies to have character depth... That is the main difference between these AVP movies and the Alien and Predator ones...The other franchises had it all: character depth, story depth, budget to acquire good, solid actors,...

Maybe the Strauses will be the next James Cameron, David Fincher or Ridley Scott and we sure need more of those...!   8)

Rousseau was soooo under used in this movie. I had watched some of Agathe de Laboulaye's work and tbh she's such a good talented actress.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Jul 03, 2007, 04:05:13 PM
Maybe the Strauses will be the next James Cameron, David Fincher or Ridley Scott and we sure need more of those...!   8)

This aged like milk

Quote from: volkatinax.2893r on Dec 21, 2021, 01:51:37 PM
Rousseau was soooo under used in this movie. I had watched some of Agathe de Laboulaye's work and tbh she's such a good talented actress.

Her line about condoms always brings a smile to my face

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Not much character depth in this movie but I liked Weyland, Lex, Max, Miller, Verheiden and Rousseau

The first three had more screentime to slightly develop. Max for example cared about his men and questioned Weyland what they died for. He wasn;t just a mercenary.

The beaker thing does get a brief mention in the expanded edition, where Verheiden catches Miller playing with a vehicle, he tells Lex to keep the beakers away from the equipment. Verheiden character does show that he basically all bravado and starts losing it when things go wrong. Dude had the worst fate in the movie too.
Unfortunately there is not much to be said about Adele, but she did bring a gun just in case there was trouble, she was smart enough to know the corpses weren't killed by heart removal, and she tried to do something about the doors closing even if it failed.  After that though, everyone in the chamber lost their common sense.

The movie could have done with maybe even just 10 to 20 minutes extra time to flesh the people out a bit more or even add cool moments to make them a bit more memorable. For example, Adele should have killed the facehugger coming for her, maybe shot another that was attacking someone so we could see the acid kill or would them and while she is shocked seeing that, another facehugger gets her. Given that was six people with seven eggs it would work.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed