The Predator Early Reactions Thread

Started by SyntaX, Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

Author
The Predator Early Reactions Thread (Read 82,056 times)

ELDERCLANLEADER

Ahhh I see hicks, it's my fault for showing resistance to something. Brother please. It's not our fault. When a studio has millions at their disposal it is fundamentally their fault. And actually even if you are right, it's still their fault for not listening. I don't need to taste crap, to know it's crap. Rant over!

azamultic

Quote from: Xerxész on Sep 08, 2018, 08:19:30 PM
Quote from: azamultic on Sep 08, 2018, 08:13:19 PM
That's of course true, I was asking more about, is there a possibility of Disney killing the franchise? Or is there any idea how long to wait for another instulment with this kind of not too successful entry (yet), just an aproximate Ideas  ;)

In case of success --> approximately 2-3 years.
In case of flop --> probably more than 8-10 years.

Of course we can not know it for sure...it's just a guess.
And regarding Disney... Most likely the Predator, Alien and AvP franchise will be softened, more human-friendly I think.

thanks for your thoughts! Hopefully we wouldn't need to wait another 8-10 years, seriously "Predator2" and "Predatros" made it really hard for me  ;D

ELDERCLANLEADER

I find it rather ironic that I was right all along, and rather than being human and saying elder I'm sorry I doubted you, you would rather throw mud because you cannot accept you are wrong. Some community.

azamultic

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 08, 2018, 10:57:10 PM
I find it rather ironic that I was right all along, and rather than being human and saying elder I'm sorry I doubted you, you would rather throw mud because you cannot accept you are wrong. Some community.

Elder are you talking to me? Or somebody else?  ???

Hollywood

So far from the reactions on twitter I havent read anyone hating on the characters so I'm really happy about that. The characters are a huge part of why I love Predator movies. I was honestly worried we'd get some 'Sabotage' type feedback regarding the Loonies. The characters in 'Sabotage' were just awful.

I'm glad Hicks enjoyed the loonies, I think I will too.

Jigsaw85

Ok, somebody who has seen the movie answer me this...

Spoiler
If fugitive came to earth to give us a weapon, why is he slaughtering government soldiers? shouldn't he be surrendering and telling them about what's coming?
[close]

ELDERCLANLEADER

No azamultic unlike some members we can can have different ideas and sometimes not see eye to eye, but still get along. While some people think maybe I'm so serious, the irony is that I find it funny that people take me so seriously. It's my opinion. It doesn't mean I'm right, it also doesn't mean I'm wrong. And the fact I offend, without resulting to name calling or belittling tells me something I'm saying must be true. If I was all hot air no one would bother replying.

georgeromero

georgeromero

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 09, 2018, 12:10:29 AM
And the fact I offend, without resulting to name calling or belittling tells me something I'm saying must be true. If I was all hot air no one would bother replying.

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 07, 2018, 01:10:45 PM
So much for all you idiots saying Shane black is better than Nolan.

Now you are being a hypocrite. You are right though people have differing opinions. You don't get to decide what others should like or dislike by thinking of yourself as a man of taste. That just shows you are a megalomaniac. Seriously we get it you don't like the movie you will not like it no matter.

The Old One

The Old One

@ElderClanLeader

Your endless negativity is tiresome.

RidgeTop

Let's keep it civil guys.

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Sep 08, 2018, 11:59:29 PM

Spoiler
If fugitive came to earth to give us a weapon, why is he slaughtering government soldiers? shouldn't he be surrendering and telling them about what's coming?
[close]

I wondered the same thing after seeing the movie. That made zero sense to me.

Samhain13

Quote from: RidgeTop on Sep 09, 2018, 01:55:02 AM

Spoiler
[close]

I haven't seen the movie yet and was sure that woudn't be explained. Maybe the fugitive definition of "help" is a different from what we know, he wants to "help" humanity by giving us a weapon so either we become a bigger challenge since killing stronger prey is more fun or so humanity can survive whateve the Upgrade is planning because if we all die, the predators wouldn't have the pleasure of hunting humans anymore.

He kills humans because they are getting in the way, a few human lives don't matter to him, he is looking at the bigger picture. As always predators are dicks... and maybe the writing in this movie have issues too.

Jigsaw85

Let's keep it civil guys.

Spoiler
[close]

Ah shit, I guess all those re-shoots screwed the story up after all. Should have just let us have those hybrids.

von

von

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 09, 2018, 02:03:12 AM

Spoiler
[close]

I haven't seen the movie yet and was sure that woudn't be explained. Maybe the fugitive definition of "help" is a different from what we know, he wants to "help" humanity by giving us a weapon so either we become a bigger challenge since killing stronger prey is more fun or so humanity can survive whateve the Upgrade is planning because if we all die, the predators wouldn't have the pleasure of hunting humans anymore.

He kills humans because they are getting in the way, a few human lives don't matter to him, he is looking at the bigger picture. As always predators are dicks... and maybe the writing in this movie have issues too.

Yeah their idea of help might be different and they're the superior species that will punch back when poked I guess. They do display animalistic behavior too. He just might be thinking "I'm trying to do you all a favor but f**k don't touch me and try to experiment on me!"

Can't wait to read your review in its entirety after watching the film Hicks. Perhaps in the future we could have separate scores for different areas of each film (character design, cast & characters, tone & pacing, etc) before the final score. Cheers

ELDERCLANLEADER

Since when did I say what people should like or dislike? I'm talking about what I like, when I said I'm a man of taste, it is a saying, I.e I don't have to see eat crap to know it's crap. Iv read the script iv followed this films development since the very beginning, iv read the script ( which I still have) so please dont put words in my mouth. I'm merely expressing my own opinion. Does the truth hurt that much that you got this wrong? Since when is the truth negative? An example is I don't like trump, who does? Does opposing him, make me negative? Of course not. Same applies here.

Kudzu

Kudzu

Sounds like it is salvageable with a fan edit (mostly the ending, I guess, somehow), though I'd prefer it if it didn't have to be salvaged in the first place.

I'm mostly a Predator 1 person, but I think P2 has more going for it than it doesn't, and after re-watching Predators again recently, I actually like it, after hating it at first. The AVP movies don't even exist for me as an Alien fan and Predator fan. So if, besides the ending, this one is more or less on par with 2 and Predators, I'll be content. I'm just used to all the sequels being a mixed bag, at this point. The first one remains unsurpassed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed