Aliens: Fireteam Elite Year 1 Roadmap Released!

Started by Hemi, Oct 27, 2021, 05:07:07 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Year 1 Roadmap Released! (Read 12,481 times)

Anvil

Anvil

The lack of ability to play as a xenomorph is super unfortunate

Anvil

Anvil

Should give us a L4D style PvP mode. Play as Xeno to slow down human players

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Anvil on Oct 31, 2021, 05:50:54 AM
The lack of ability to play as a xenomorph is super unfortunate

Quote from: Anvil on Oct 31, 2021, 05:51:51 AM
Should give us a L4D style PvP mode. Play as Xeno to slow down human players

Agreed. That was needed at release. And a nice co-op random game mode would also bring this game some much needed replayability.

seattle24

There hasn't been a patch in several weeks. Makes me optimistic whatever CI have in-store for us is substantial. If we're not gonna get the drop imminently I hope at least they tell us what it is imminently, it's too quiet.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: seattle24 on Nov 19, 2021, 07:30:32 AM
There hasn't been a patch in several weeks. Makes me optimistic whatever CI have in-store for us is substantial. If we're not gonna get the drop imminently I hope at least they tell us what it is imminently, it's too quiet.

Some have higher hopes, but I'm personally not confident at all that any new content will save this game. I'm glad Cold Iron admitted they have quality-of-life issues, but just two months in after release is not ideal to be recognizing & dealing with such QOL problems. My depressing guess is what they give us in December will be rushed and broken and a case of too little too late.

This sadly shouldn't have been the state of the game 2 Months & 3 Weeks after release (which I'm sure is indicative of each non cross-play platform A:FTE is on.) :-\

BlueMarsalis79

It's also indicative of Halo releasing and wiping the competition.

This' a decent game, by all accounts anyway, but I believe that my disinterest to the point I have never and never do intend to pick it up speaks volumes.

It is simply not (the online completely optional) story driven, lengthy campaign, four player splitscreen  thriller shooter horror, riffing on Republic Commando that we all want deep down. 

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 19, 2021, 02:50:00 PM

It's been hovering around that 300 number even prior to Halo's early multiplayer release.

Although short-lived, A:FTE is still fun, so I recommend giving it a try for a discounted price, especially as an Alien fan.  :)

BlueMarsalis79

I am not really interested in a game with not enough story to even have a final cutscene.

seattle24

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 19, 2021, 02:50:00 PM

This' a decent game, by all accounts anyway, but I believe that my disinterest to the point I have never and never do intend to pick it up speaks volumes.

It is simply not (the online completely optional) story driven, lengthy campaign, four player splitscreen  thriller shooter horror, riffing on Republic Commando that we all want deep down. 

https://www.thehdroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/12106b.jpg

I'm confused, are you saying it's a decent game but refuse to pick it up? Because how would you know unless you play it?

It's sub £20 now, or whatever your currency is, which represents really decent value no matter whether future updates bring back players or lure in new players.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 19, 2021, 02:18:48 PM
Quote from: seattle24 on Nov 19, 2021, 07:30:32 AM

Some have higher hopes, but I'm personally not confident at all that any new content will save this game. I'm glad Cold Iron admitted they have quality-of-life issues, but just two months in after release is not ideal to be recognizing & dealing with such QOL problems. My depressing guess is what they give us in December will be rushed and broken and a case of too little too late.

This sadly shouldn't have been the state of the game 2 Months & 3 Weeks after release (which I'm sure is indicative of each non cross-play platform A:FTE is on.) :-\

You know anything to suggest Season 2 is December or is that just your hunch? I was hoping "before the end of the year" might mean by the end of November  ;D

Can't argue with your slightly more gloomy outlook to be fair. Me and my mate aren't blessed with a third person that's got the game to try extreme difficulty with, and the matchmaking has never worked allowing a third random person in the lobby, so we can't progress past the 1st level on that difficulty mode. Bit of a disgrace really. But aye, generally had my money's worth and really enjoyed it nonetheless

Hemi

I think it's because it's a rubbish story. If you want an Aliens game to have narrative, this is not it. No immersion, dull story and lifeless characters. Not a problem if you are going for a horde shooter with lots of maps to roleplay in... but yeah, 1 horde map isn't a good USP.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: seattle24 on Nov 19, 2021, 04:37:33 PM
You know anything to suggest Season 2 is December or is that just your hunch? I was hoping "before the end of the year" might mean by the end of November  ;D

No inside track, just a hunch. :) I base it on us getting Season 1 in September, and looking at this in 3 month quarters, the next logical drop month would be December.

Imagine though if Season 2 did drop in November. Season 3 (based on the roadmap below) won't drop until Quarter 2 which is April-May-June, so a November drop would make the wait between Seasons 2 and 3 that much longer! :o (So I'm guessing it's not going to be November.)

Xhan

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Oct 29, 2021, 12:45:35 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 28, 2021, 09:48:42 PM
I had my fun with this game, if it dies it dies. I will still check out every season to see what's new even if I only have bots to play with if everybody else is done with this game.

Pretty much. It's a good game but I haven't touched it in a week or two.

To me it seems the audience has spoken and we'd all prefer a horror survival over an arcade shoot em up...or at least, I do.

Isolalien sold half the copies it was supposed to.

BlueMarsalis79

By Sega's insane metrics, for most other companies, considered a roaring success.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 23, 2021, 04:16:10 PM
By Sega's insane metrics, for most other companies, considered a roaring success.

They wouldn't have announced sales were disappointing to their shareholders if it was a roaring success, nor reduced a sequel to a mobile game. It's all about budget spent versus dollars earned.

BlueMarsalis79

It's all about expectations, and their expectations ended up unrealistic, unreasonable for that genre particularly in triple A and definitely the intellectual property at that point in time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed