Aliens: Fireteam Elite Year 1 Roadmap Released!

Started by Hemi, Oct 27, 2021, 05:07:07 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Year 1 Roadmap Released! (Read 12,490 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Oct 27, 2021, 06:46:53 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 27, 2021, 05:24:49 PM
I'm guessing since it's seasonal, we'll get this in December, but then we have to wonder how many will be still playing to notice by then?

Fireteam hasn't even really been on my mind for 2022 as I've been more fixated in stuff like Monster Hunter Rise (PC), the full release of Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord and Company of Heroes 3.

They would have to pull some spectacular amounts of new content out of nowhere and also greatly improve the matchmaking to get me back on board and I kinda don't see that happening especially when the roadmap talks a whole lot about a whole bunch of new weapons, cards and cosmetics... which just tells me their priorities are poor.

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm part hopeful, yet I'm part doubtful (and mostly part frustrated it came out in the state that it did.)

Quote from: Still Collating... on Oct 27, 2021, 07:18:10 PM
Just like with their vague updates, "stability fixes" doesn't mean anything. Predator Hunting Grounds explains their updates with much more detail.

Yep, it would be nice to get some more transparency on the fixes.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 27, 2021, 09:08:13 PM
Just way too long between each new content release, we will only get another marine class next year.

Plus a "New Feature", whatever that means.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let's hope it's something good!

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 27, 2021, 09:10:30 PM
Quote from: Still Collating... on Oct 27, 2021, 08:53:47 PM
A:CM had a longer lived player base on PC, these games always did well on PC before.

ACM actually never matched the peak users of AFE on Steam. That game's activity dropped more than 85% in a month on that platform and never recovered:

And that's the fear with Aliens: Fireteam Elite

QuoteTheir headline was "Seven Weeks After Launch, Fewer Than 800 People Are Playing Aliens: Fireteam Elite"

Yeah, they should have definitely added the words "On PC" or "On Steam" to that headline.

worriors

I would have thought with each DLC there would be at least 3 new campaign and horde maps. Plus are these DLC' s free, so why the season pass?

Hopefully the New feature will be multiplayer PVP, Or what about some sort of 6 player Raid like in destiny1/2?

FIRE TEAM SUCKS

FIRE TEAM SUCKS

fire team has turned out to be the usual bait and switch rip off. :-X

The Necronoir

Quote from: FIRE TEAM SUCKS on Oct 28, 2021, 01:24:30 PM

How so? To my knowledge nothing has been promised that hasn't been delivered.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: The Necronoir on Oct 28, 2021, 03:09:15 PM

No dude you don't get it, if the devs don't personally polish my shoe while delivering one new level a day it means the game is a scam

RidgeTop

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 28, 2021, 12:00:13 AM
Yeah, they should have definitely added the words "On PC" or "On Steam" to that headline.

That was my main issue with the reporting.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 28, 2021, 12:00:13 AM
And that's the fear with Aliens: Fireteam Elite

It is a founded fear. Hopefully they can bring it strong with the content.

New accolades trailer today, and the game is on sale until November 1st:

SiL

Quote from: The Necronoir on Oct 28, 2021, 03:09:15 PM

Somehow I don't think someone called FIRE TEAM SUCKS is going to have a coherent argument here :laugh:

Samhain13

I had my fun with this game, if it dies it dies. I will still check out every season to see what's new even if I only have bots to play with if everybody else is done with this game.

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 28, 2021, 09:48:42 PM
I had my fun with this game, if it dies it dies. I will still check out every season to see what's new even if I only have bots to play with if everybody else is done with this game.

Pretty much. It's a good game but I haven't touched it in a week or two.

To me it seems the audience has spoken and we'd all prefer a horror survival over an arcade shoot em up...or at least, I do.

Hemi

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Oct 29, 2021, 12:45:35 AM

To me it seems the audience has spoken and we'd all prefer a horror survival over an arcade shoot em up...or at least, I do.

Doubt the horror survival aspect is what killed this game. It's clearly the lack of things to do. People love the gameplay and the pew pew. But after you played the campaign a few times, things dry up fast. No endgame and 1 bloody horde map is just so much "meh".

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Hemi on Oct 29, 2021, 08:33:11 AM
Quote from: Gentleman Death on Oct 29, 2021, 12:45:35 AM

Doubt the horror survival aspect is what killed this game. It's clearly the lack of things to do. People love the gameplay and the pew pew. But after you played the campaign a few times, things dry up fast. No endgame and 1 bloody horde map is just so much "meh".

I agree with Hemi here. The game is fun, it's the amount of content to keep you around. Not going to lie, I'm disappointed there's no campaign content in here or Horde maps (unless New Feature is new campaigns or Horde maps, but I'm not so sure they'd use that wording if so). But I am definitely excited to see what new game mode is coming out! Eager to hear more of that.

judge death

Can someone explain how this thing with seasons work and year plans?
Season 1, like in rainbow six seige: how long is a season, is it like in sports one season is one year? And year 1 roadmap, well if that is all contents they will be releasing until november next year its not much. But I have a feeling year 1 isnt a litteraly one year :P

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: judge death on Oct 29, 2021, 09:23:28 PM
Can someone explain how this thing with seasons work and year plans?
Season 1, like in rainbow six seige: how long is a season, is it like in sports one season is one year? And year 1 roadmap, well if that is all contents they will be releasing until november next year its not much. But I have a feeling year 1 isnt a litteraly one year :P

Everything you need to know is built in the below image. The seasons are listed vertically and the timeframe is horizontal underneath. Q4 2021 means Quarter 4 (Oct-Dec in a calendar year) etc. etc.

judge death

Ahhh thanks, that made it more clear for me. :)

Voodoo Magic

Happy to help!  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed