Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 09, 2021, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All (Read 91,877 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

I'm almost finished with this game (90% achievements) and feel like I need a long break until a new campaign will come. Any new classes or weapons are not so appealing.

Still Collating...

This game is so much fun, but hell was this naively done. This is the first Alien or Predator game that I'm getting bored with this quickly. MP only/focused games are problematic and can't survive long, the SP here is a joke. The lack of cutscenes, lip-sync, or any kinda ending sequence for missions or the entire campaign really shows that the story is an afterthought. The added lore is great, I love that stuff and it shows they do care about the lore and they gave it quite a try, but the game side of things was a mess. The lack of content is shocking, it's priced kinda okay for that, they have no lootboxes or pay to win mechanics which has my respect, but still the game is almost dead on Steam. After ONE MONTH it's on life support.

No pvp, short campaigns, 1 horde mode map, the challenge cards are a joke and the difficulty is an artificial way to prolong the lifespan of the game. The difficulty is a major disappointment to me, cause it's not fun on extreme or insane, but annoying. They made the aliens too bullet spongy, unrealistically so. It's so stupid, is it so difficult to just up their damage, number of warriors and drones and acid damage to crazy realistic levels but keep the health realistic? Maybe up the runners health, but keep the rest the same? Nope, just simple grindy stuff so you play longer. Why would you play longer? For the achievements which got broke? That really made me mad. All that work on higher difficulties and I get bugged achievements, great.

The 60 second timer is idiotic and annoying for matchmaking. They shouldn't have launched without the quickplay option. Little content and they have no crossover support? No pvp, only 3 player co-op and you don't have servers where you can easily see who's playing where? They don't have an "any difficulty option" and you expect to find a match in the fractured community? So much potential lost with stupid decisions. Devs cared about the game and lore, too bad they didn't know what the smartest moves were to ensure a long life for this. I couldn't even get to know people long enough in the game to create a constant party to play with. Most people I played with, stopped playing by now, so sad...

I'm glad the devs aren't giving up on the game, but I can't see anything they can realistically do to save this game from dying. It was fun, I'm still gonna play, but I need to use mods to get a fun experience (swarm mod with better synths and later I'm gonna try extreme and insane rebalance mod). I can't believe we have no real boss battles except the one (which is just a bullet spongy Drone) and no special sequences. The dropship bombardment was cool, but it's like they stopped trying after that mission. I mad not because the game is bad, it's not, it's just such wasted potential! The core gameplay is fun and great, but the enemy balance, mission balance, matchmaking and content amount is so poorly thought about.

We'll see what the future holds, but again it's up to the modders to save the game. Oh and the OG turrets are horrible with their rate of fire and damage amount.

The Shuriken

So how worth it is this game from a purely solo standpoint?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Shuriken on Nov 09, 2021, 03:49:06 AM
So how worth it is this game from a purely solo standpoint?

If you can score it for half price, and don't mind playing on the easier levels because of the bot AI, then I say it's absolutely worth a purchase and a playthrough. Just be warned bugs can make you repeat long stretches of progress, and you might not feel it has a satisfying conclusion once you're completed (at its current state.)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I solo'd it.  It was a fun week and a half, but everything it does well, it only does partially so because it is a VERY unfinished experience. 

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kimarhi on Nov 13, 2021, 04:31:09 AM
I solo'd it.  It was a fun week and a half, but everything it does well, it only does partially so because it is a VERY unfinished experience.

Indeed. Scary that Cold Iron didn't have the foresight to realize they had quality of life issues (granted, they've recognized it now and are working to address it). But then again, Cold Iron may have always known they were releasing what feels like an unfinished game and did it anyway (because of money issues or for various other reasons we can only hypothesize).

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Lots of those kind of games do this. 

Division 1, Division 2, Ghost Recon Breakpoint (which had a huge gameplay revision like a year after it was released) and Destiny all were released unfinished.

I think Ghost Recon Wildlands out of that bunch was the fullest initial release that ended up resembling the finale. 

That said, they ALL had way more meat on the bones, even as unfinished (breakpoint) as they were. 

Voodoo Magic

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Not really, a lot of high profile games come to Game Pass right on launch or right after. For example Back 4 Blood launched on Game Pass. It's a premium subscription rather than a perk of the base multiplayer one like PS+. You're pretty much paying for the best version of a gaming Netflix and it's great value.

23 million subscribers so far. This will boost the game's numbers but crossplay is needed to take full advantage of it.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: RidgeTop on Nov 30, 2021, 07:32:29 PM
Not really, a lot of high profile games come to Game Pass right on launch or right after. For example Back 4 Blood launched on Game Pass.

Yeah, Back 4 Blood is a curious one. When that was announced as a Day One on Xbox Game Pass, I wondered about what kind of financial deal was struck with Microsoft, because you know a deal was struck. That game was $60 at launch and that allowed how many million of their 6-7 Million playerbase to pay nothing for the game directly? So there has to be definitely more than the regular revenue sharing model for that one!

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Corporal Hicks

RidgeTop

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I thought it was a pretty fun game while it lasted.  It just didn't last long enough.  If this one somehow does well enough to warrant a more fully fleshed out sequel, I'd be down. 

Stitch

Stitch

Finally got around to playing this. Did the first couple of missions with a mate. Kinda sad to say it met my expectations.
No sense of pacing, no sense of danger, just run from one arena to the next, and then shoot all the aliens that run at you.
I might be wrong, and it might improve with the rest of the missions, but since it's balanced for multi-player, I doubt it. Not bashing the game. Not even disappointed, really, because I didn't expect much from the trailers.
It's just a mediocre, by the numbers shooter, with an alien skin.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed