Aliens V. Predator Ultimate Prey - AvP Anthology

Started by BryanThomasS, Jan 07, 2021, 08:18:28 PM

Author
Aliens V. Predator Ultimate Prey - AvP Anthology (Read 62,931 times)

Jesscobb

I wasn't been sarcastic with the original comment!  Sjw/pc is why a lot of movies today suck! Gotta tick Off the diverse Themes, eg Star Wars, Easiest way to kill off a franchise,go pc...

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Jesscobb on Jan 26, 2021, 11:18:51 PM
I wasn't been sarcastic with the original comment!  Sjw/pc is why a lot of movies today suck! Gotta tick Off the diverse Themes, eg Star Wars, Easiest way to kill off a franchise,go pc...

As opposed to Lucas' Star Wars movies, which I guess didn't have a political bone in their body...

RidgeTop

Quote from: Jesscobb on Jan 26, 2021, 11:03:53 PM
No....really?

Keep it up, please.

Otherwise let's not turn this into an AVP going woke thread.

Jesscobb

Jesscobb

Nowhere near the pc/sjw crap that Kennedy released..."the force is female" Hard pass.

Keep it up, please.

That's what she said! 8)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Jesscobb on Jan 26, 2021, 11:28:18 PM
Nowhere near the pc/sjw crap that Kennedy released..."the force is female" Hard pass.

https://youtu.be/fv9Jq_mCJEo

Lucas wasn't exactly subtle. But please, do continue on with the "pc/sjw crap that Kennedy released."

GreybackElder

Wow! I am SUPER pumped for this!! I loved If it Bleeds!

Xiggz456

Really liking the author list for this! So Sigler's story is a sequel that'll potentially bring a predator into the mix (which I think would work extremely well btw). But it makes me wonder if the shared universe is back in vogue now that Disney's running the show. Philip Kennedy Johnson also stated that Marvel had plans to connect the three properties which also leads me to believe that the separation of the franchises is coming to an end. In terms of licensing both Titan and Marvel hold all three properties so it's not a legal clusterf**k to coordinate a potential shared universe going forward. Anyway really looking forward to this!

426Buddy

Quote from: Jesscobb on Jan 26, 2021, 11:28:18 PM

Keep it up, please.

That's what she said! 8)

I'm sure you're going to be around while.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

QuoteBryan Thomas Schmidt has revealed to us that that Scott Sigler's story here will be a sequel to Aliens: Phalanx!

Interesting. I really, really like Phalanx, but I'm not super into the Alien vs Predator concept as a whole would overall prefer that Alien and Predator stay separate. That being said, Sigler is a very good writer and Phalanx is great so I am pretty intrigued by this despite my reservations about the crossover element.

I wonder if this is our first small taste of A/P under the Disney umbrella folding back into an AVP branding on a larger scale? Only time will tell...

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Was pump to hear that a AVP short story collection was finally coming out took them long enough.Then I hear it will talk about racism,culture intolerance and all that other stuff this is alien vs predator not a political discussion unless you do it subtle and make the story still fun like old school x-men don't do it at all it.People read comic books and novels to escape from reality.

Who know maybe they might be good if I would do a story about cultural clashes I would it with two different preadtor clans with different ideologies maybe one clan worships the xenomorphs and they go to war with each others.But by the end people read these stories to escape to a reality where two mighty beast clash in a mighty battle.By the way why did they hire the dude that predator forever midnight that like the worst book in the alien and predator EU just why?

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Scott sigler is a good writer so I think his story will deliver I don't know about the others though we will just have to wait and see

BryanThomasS

Folks, the fact is we had each pitched AvP anthos since 2017 when Bug Hunt and If It Bleeds came out, and Titan finally decided to do it by having us work together but they said they want diversity, because that is what everybody is focused on right now. We asked the authors for stories that are not in your face but the usual AvP fare that just happen to touch on those themes. They also wanted diverse protagonists and not just all white males squaring off against the alien monsters. So that is what we are delivering. I am not a preachy fiction fan either, but the fact is this is what the publisher and studio want to do the book, so that is what it is. Writing it off and dismissing it before you see it is silly. I hated Last Jedi. I will do everything I can to ensure it does not go that way. Anyone who knows anything about me knows I am not SJW nor am I a PC fan, so you'll just have to wait and see.

Samhain13

Thanks Bryan.

SM

SM

I dug The Last Jedi, and 'PC' generally just means being more inclusive.  If the story telling is good - what's the issue?

Or did some suddenly forget that Ripley was a woman, as was Machiko.  A Japanese woman no less.  Lex was African-American.  Lope and Hallett in Covenant were a gay married couple.  Olivia in Echo was a lesbian.  And Anne in Cold Forge liked shagging a male android that was remotely piloted by a terminally ill crippled black woman.  Heavens!  My pearls!!!

QuoteInteresting. I really, really like Phalanx, but I'm not super into the Alien vs Predator concept as a whole would overall prefer that Alien and Predator stay separate. That being said, Sigler is a very good writer and Phalanx is great so I am pretty intrigued by this despite my reservations about the crossover element

Same.  Ditto with McGuire if she brought Olivia back.

Mr.Skinsuit

I can dig it! Can't wait to read and hope for more

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed