Alien/Predator Novel Reviews

Started by Hudson, Aug 19, 2014, 04:55:43 PM

Author
Alien/Predator Novel Reviews (Read 70,463 times)

Neomorph-01

Neomorph-01

I'm currently reading Alien Prototype
OMG the hell of a book to read during a pandemic - the novel features a Xenomorph that is the carrier of a very nasty virus.
Enjoying it so far.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Mar 27, 2021, 11:58:55 AMMass Effect takes so long to get going, that once it did I lost interest in what the actual point was.

To be honest the first game's pretty rough in general. The story and characters are there but the gameplay is mostly crap and often a real slog. The second one was leaps and bounds ahead of it.

Kinda reminds me of Uncharted in that regard.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: Neomorph-01 on Apr 15, 2021, 09:12:47 AM
I'm currently reading Alien Prototype
OMG the hell of a book to read during a pandemic - the novel features a Xenomorph that is the carrier of a very nasty virus.
Enjoying it so far.

Haha ya I re-read it last year right at the start of lockdown and it definitely hit different than when I read it upon release during "normal" times.  :laugh:

Neomorph-01

Neomorph-01

I have just finished reading Alien into Charybdis.
Brilliant read - no spoilers but there are curve-ball deaths that shocked me as much as the Red Wedding in Game of Thrones.
Look forward to see where the climax from this novel leads to.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

White I think is the best thing to happen to the franchise in a while. 

BlueMarsalis79

That interview solidifies Alex for me as the number one influence on the franchise, I do indeed hope he and Noah collaborate as suggested.

Neomorph-01

Neomorph-01

I have enjoyed reading Aliens Infiltrator.
Is it just me or do the Xenomorph specimens in this book put me in mind of Gremlins 2 the New Batch. Love the albino Drone variant.

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Neomorph-01 on Jun 11, 2021, 10:58:26 PM
I have enjoyed reading Aliens Infiltrator.
Is it just me or do the Xenomorph specimens in this book put me in mind of Gremlins 2 the New Batch. Love the albino Drone variant.

I can 100% see what you're talking about

City Hunter Yautja

What is a good set of books to start for a newbie?

I'll narrow it down to ai want to read Predator, Aliens vs Predator or Alien vs Predator.

BlueMarsalis79

Judging by this: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=65015.0

Aliens Vs. Predator: Prey
By Steve Perry and Stephani Perry
Predator: Turnabout Written By Steve Perry
Predator: South China Sea
Written By Jeff Vandermeer
Alien The Cold Forge Written By Alex White
Aliens: Phalanx Written By Scott Sigler
Alien Into Charybdis By Alex White

Gentleman Death

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 12, 2021, 09:44:20 PM
What is a good set of books to start for a newbie?

I'll narrow it down to ai want to read Predator, Aliens vs Predator or Alien vs Predator.

For me personally, I'd start out exactly when they were released and move up. There's several books in this series and going to the best ones will only detour you from reading the rest. Start with The Earth Hive trilogy and move up from there. If you're going to commit than it needs to be fully!

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jul 13, 2021, 02:12:24 AM
Judging by this: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=65015.0

Aliens Vs. Predator: Prey
By Steve Perry and Stephani Perry
Predator: Turnabout Written By Steve Perry
Predator: South China Sea
Written By Jeff Vandermeer
Alien The Cold Forge Written By Alex White
Aliens: Phalanx Written By Scott Sigler
Alien Into Charybdis By Alex White

Thanks for the list. I started reading "Prey" and I am captivated. Learning so much about Yautja culture.

Gentleman Death

Alien Origins (2.5/5)

I didn't go in expecting much of this novel so I'm not surprised that it was just ok.

Foster set up a grim earth and I like that he developed more of a background with the company. Now, if him and Patt Cardigan could get together I think they'd make a pretty cool world with all these entities outside of the alien itself.

Gentleman Death

Alien covenant ((3/5)

So... it's been a long time since I've read a movie novel but I remember reading some when I was younger and liking them because they offered more insight and scenes to the movie, pretty much expanding on the source. (I could be wrong though)
But this did not do any of that, it's just a copy and paste of the movie and less dramatic. So I was pretty bummed about that....oh well...

Kradan

Kradan

What score would you give to the actual movie ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed