All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,790,711 times)

SM

SM

I think Rogue One is the standout.  I'd put TLJ just ahead of Rise.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I think for me I would rank as follows:

Rogue One
The Last Jedi
Solo
The Force Awakens
The Rise of Skywalker

I like all of them except Rise.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I like Rise, but view it as kind of bad? It's a weird one for me.

SM

SM

I dug it when I first saw it, and like it more in repeated viewings and looking at the journeys of all the different characters.

The problems with it for mine, is that it doesn't properly resolve the Finn/ Rey relationship or the Finn/ Rose relationship and then introduces Jannah as another potential relationship.  And as much as I like how they resolved Kylo Ren's story - the kiss didn't feel quite right.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SM on Jul 02, 2020, 01:41:53 AM
I dug it when I first saw it, and like it more in repeated viewings and looking at the journeys of all the different characters.

The problems with it for mine, is that it doesn't properly resolve the Finn/ Rey relationship or the Finn/ Rose relationship and then introduces Jannah as another potential relationship.  And as much as I like how they resolved Kylo Ren's story - the kiss didn't feel quite right.

You nailed it for me mate. That's exactly how I feel. I really enjoy it a lot but yes it feels there was quite a bit unresolved ... #ReleaseThe4HourCut  ;D

Spoiler
On a sidenote: Watched the Rebels episode where Kenobi faces Maul. Loved it. That scene where Ben watches a young Luke running to Aunt Beru's call from a distance gave me goosebumps.
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jul 02, 2020, 12:13:17 AM
Still working through 'da lamendation of dehr women'.

Good.  It's important to teach the fundamentals while they're young.

TLJ utterly falls apart for me during the fleet chase.  It's just so stupid.  I can take the Luke stuff, but the B-plot (which is what it is) just soured me on the whole experience.

Rankles75

Rankles75

I'd go:

Rogue One
Rise of Skywalker
Force Awakens
Last Jedi
Solo

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I hope they can go back and fix the CG Tarkin and Leia in R1 one day.  Bonus points if they show Porkins flying an X-wing at the Battle of Scarif.

irn

irn

Can anyone with their finger on the pulse of Star Wars stuff confirm if there's anything in the rumours of Disney looking to retcon to sequel trilogy, or at least find a creative way to not make them part of the main line story?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I think it's nothing but wishful thinking so I don't see it happening.  At least not within the next decade or so.  It would be such a cheat.

SM

SM

Quote from: irn on Jul 02, 2020, 10:14:29 AM
Can anyone with their finger on the pulse of Star Wars stuff confirm if there's anything in the rumours of Disney looking to retcon to sequel trilogy, or at least find a creative way to not make them part of the main line story?

Why?

kwisatz

kwisatz

TFA and Rise I can enjoy in a Braindead kinda mode. TLJ is so bad it's not funny.

Rogue is OK but feels like it has another movie underneath that got lost in the cutting room.

Solo is just meh.

Need to checkout that Boba show but moviewise my GFFA motivation is definitely at an all time low. 

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Crème de la crème:  Mando, Rogue One.

Cool shit :The Force Awakens & The Last Jedi.

Meh Shit: Solo, The Rise of Skywalker

Quote from: kwisatz on Jul 03, 2020, 05:06:26 AM
Need to checkout that Boba show but moviewise my GFFA motivation is definitely at an all time low.

It's called The Mandalorian, and is about Boba Fett race, culture or sometihng...

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Black lives matter.

Master

Master

Super Mario Bros.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed