Artwork for Director Vincenzo Natali's Predator 3 Pitch

Started by DarthJoker45, Jun 03, 2015, 11:29:02 PM

Author
Artwork for Director Vincenzo Natali's Predator 3 Pitch (Read 27,997 times)

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Hey guys,

I have some pretty interesting news. Director Vincenzo Natali (Cube, Splice) just released some concept art and storyboards from his pitch for a third Predator film. Obviously, Fox decided green light Predators, and this idea was rejected. However, the artwork does look interesting.

Source

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Natali's Predator idea seems... I dunno. Weird? Unique? I... don't have a word for it.

What was his pitch about anyway, was there any pitch for the story or was it just art? I mean the last picture just looks really.. out there. What is that, ANOTHER gladiator arena idea? Please, I most certainly don't want that.

[T)A]DarkDragon

Yeah, i'm really not digging these either. Just doesn't sit right.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The Predator in the artwork looks very stylized. As a piece of art, I quite like it!

The last picture looks quite cool. Something about the environment seems very feudal. I could imagine that being Japan.

I wish he'd provided some story concept too. I actually really loved Cube and Splice. Would have loved to have seen what he'd had in mind.

Apparently the pitch was made around 5 years ago.

andy_jaxx_11

I would say this is a sketch of a female predator...  Something we have not seen yet

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They did some sketches for Predators of a female. From Michael Broom IIRC. I'll try and find some from the gallery.

p1nk81cd

I like that Predator with the skinny-athletic look to it. Reminds me of the light Predator class from AvP2.

Corporal Hicks

p1nk81cd

Fifth picture in the OP.

Corporal Hicks

Okay. I can kind of see that.

wmmvrrvrrmm

I'm sure that if Natali had made a Predator 3, whether it was a bad idea from the beginning or not, I am sure that I would have been interested none the less

Darkness

The artist said that it is a female predator and that's the only piece he drew.

The First Child

The First Child

Looks good. I believe this movie might be set in the future, because of the plasma gun being used by the marine and the more cybernetic armor being worn by the female predator.

DaddyYautja

p1nk81cd

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed