The Predator @ Comic-Con

Started by ace3g, Jun 20, 2018, 12:17:30 AM

Author
The Predator @ Comic-Con (Read 98,351 times)

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: yautjapet on Jul 20, 2018, 03:07:06 PM
I'm confused about the marketing. Captive is front and center in the trailers and promo stills, and then they flat out show his death at comic con? I feel like it's trying to get people hype for Upgrade, but I'm just bitter...  :D
Damn right, marketing the shit out of classic just to have him get f**ked. How could this be a fan pleaser? I don't understand.

cheachea

cheachea

Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Jul 20, 2018, 03:15:50 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Jul 20, 2018, 02:17:53 PM
I don't really understand why they showed the Fugitive getting killed at Comic Con, seems like a very major spoiler. Maybe there's something they're holding back.

They clearly want to push their new Super Predator as the main monster. "Look at what we created, just look what it can do to the old Predator......"

Maybe the Super Predator will be a decent monster and the movie will still be good but it's a little sad that the iconic original is being treated like this again, for the second time in a row.

The next 2 movies (if they make them) better have the classic Pred's kicking the Super's ass big time.

DarthWall275

DarthWall275

Pretty sure there's gonna be several Predators with that design, like a clan (?).  and if I was to guess, Captured is still in the labs at this point in the movie, and only escapes after the other Predator(s) die(s)

Danversity

Danversity

While we know now that there are no female Predators why CBR run with that... That still doesn't explain they clearly describing two Predators besides Upgrade in the scene

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 20, 2018, 11:52:50 AM
Yeah i unfortunatly spoiled that for myself. Hoping there are other preds in the film.

Upgrade is cool and all but I really prefer practical predators like fugitive.

That's what I was hoping for as well, but it looks like the CBR article is totally unreliable and we truly are just down to two.

Spoiler
Only to have the first one get his face unceremoniously pummeled in by the big guy. 
[close]

Quote from: Lionhart on Jul 20, 2018, 03:27:52 PM
Quote from: yautjapet on Jul 20, 2018, 03:07:06 PM
I'm confused about the marketing. Captive is front and center in the trailers and promo stills, and then they flat out show his death at comic con? I feel like it's trying to get people hype for Upgrade, but I'm just bitter...  :D
Damn right, marketing the shit out of classic just to have him get f**ked. How could this be a fan pleaser? I don't understand.

Feels like baiting to me, which I guess marketing technically is.  But still...I don't like it  >:(

newbeing

newbeing

Keegan-Michael Key knows his shit.

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

All this classic versus upgrade, and having classic win because he's the "classic" is as about as lame as the crap they continue to do with the T-Rex in the Jurassic Park movies to appease the fans. Its horrible story telling and pandering at best. Dont get me wrong, the super predator beating the classic one just to push it as the new baddie, is stupid too. But at least its not eye rolling trex breaking through a spinosaurus skeleton lame. Easily one of the most garbage moments in the Jurassic World movie.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Previous Jurassic Film felt so distant I just skipped on the current one, and I can see it for free with my cinema subscription. Just not feeling anything for it.

Yautja_Warrior

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Jul 20, 2018, 09:23:23 PM
All this classic versus upgrade, and having classic win because he's the "classic" is as about as lame as the crap they continue to do with the T-Rex in the Jurassic Park movies to appease the fans. Its horrible story telling and pandering at best. Dont get me wrong, the super predator beating the classic one just to push it as the new baddie, is stupid too. But at least its not eye rolling trex breaking through a spinosaurus skeleton lame. Easily one of the most garbage moments in the Jurassic World movie.

It's not that the classic Pred dies, they die in all the movies, but it's how he dies.

Predator's are super strong, great warriors and skilled hunters, but they have made them look weak and useless in 2 movies now, that's the issue.

I'd be totally fine with the Upgrade killing the classic if it was a hard fought fight, with the classic holding his own for a while, instead of one hit and dead, like a little bitch.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Ah I think I've got it now, somebody probably said Classic went down like a bitch and CBR took that as to mean female. Still how this scenario is any different from Predators is mind boggling. I didn't like the super predator idea at all. Does anyone here welcome it for the second time?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 20, 2018, 09:46:45 PM
Ah I think I've got it now, somebody probably said Classic went down like a bitch and CBR took that as to mean female. Still how this scenario is any different from Predators is mind boggling. I didn't like the super predator idea at all. Does anyone here welcome it for the second time?

It's a different concept than the one in predators, so yes.

georgeromero

georgeromero

What if Jungle Hunter survived the explosion from the first film and being dishonored and all made him working on upgrades since then?

Seriously though, having Upgrade in this film isn't bad or far fetched. What bothers me most Fugitive getting killed so easily it would undermine everything about regular predators. I hope Black has a few more tricks up his sleeve. Overall I've been positive about this movie since the beginning but there are too many angles and dangerous territories that could mess everything.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I'm going to give all the similarities a pass. No point in arguing over how much of this movie seems to resemble Predators because it could all be a misdirection by Shane Black.

Hughughug

Hughughug

Speak for yourself. As someone who was utterly pissed at that shit moment from JP3, I thought it was awesome.
Yes, it's shameless pandering, but it's not as bad as crapping on the "classics" to make the new baddie seem tougher. That's more eye-roll worthy for me. Heyo kids, our new toy is better and stronger than your dad's old model. You seem to agree with this as well, however, so I don't get the point of your post ("It's stupid that the super predator kills the classic, but having the classics winning is lame", so which is it??).

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Jul 20, 2018, 09:42:11 PM

It's not that the classic Pred dies, they die in all the movies, but it's how he dies.

Predator's are super strong, great warriors and skilled hunters, but they have made them look weak and useless in 2 movies now, that's the issue.

I'd be totally fine with the Upgrade killing the classic if it was a hard fought fight, with the classic holding his own for a while, instead of one hit and dead, like a little bitch.

But isn't it logical thoug. Like a math. I mean you taking classic pred, and he is all bad ass killing people, and he meets the classic pred who was doing steroids, and who was probably bad ass to when he didn't use steroids, so for him killing this classic pred wouldn't be a problem. I mean if we just imaging that Mike Tyson who didn't use Doping, and put him against Mike Tyson that would use Doping, i think we would know the end of the fight, and it wouldn't be a long fight))))
PS not talking that Mike Tyson did take doping, I am not very informed on that subject.  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed