The Predator @ Comic-Con

Started by ace3g, Jun 20, 2018, 12:17:30 AM

Author
The Predator @ Comic-Con (Read 99,416 times)

Tetsujin

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Jul 19, 2018, 08:54:42 PM
It's also pluralised.

"The will will introduce female Predators".

Could it be there's more to it and we get another ship scene like in P2? Might explain the extensive re-shoots.

Or is it more likely that it'll just be Treager/Keyes alluding to the fact that they've had/seen two genders of the species?

As there'd have to be a visual cue for the audience and, sadly, I think that'd be breasts. It's just the more obvious choice for cinema.

Idk, it's kind of specific...

Spoiler
"According to live coverage of the panel by CBR, one of the clips screened featured Olivia Munn's character, Dr. Casey Bracket, about to be attacked by a female Predator in sleek, technical armor, when a larger Predator attacks another one of the aliens, distracting the female Predator."
[close]

In any event, looks like there's more then the two we thought we were left with.

MudButt

MudButt

Doesn't sound like anything the other sites were describing. Unless it's edited confusing enough to where people think there are two Predators. Nobody else has said anything about two aliens, other than Fugitive and Upgrade.

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 19, 2018, 09:09:44 PM
It's also pluralised.

Could it be there's more to it and we get another ship scene like in P2? Might explain the extensive re-shoots.

Or is it more likely that it'll just be Treager/Keyes alluding to the fact that they've had/seen two genders of the species?

As there'd have to be a visual cue for the audience and, sadly, I think that'd be breasts. It's just the more obvious choice for cinema.

Spoiler
"According to live coverage of the panel by CBR, one of the clips screened featured Olivia Munn's character, Dr. Casey Bracket, about to be attacked by a female Predator in sleek, technical armor, when a larger Predator attacks another one of the aliens, distracting the female Predator."
[close]

In any event, looks like there's more then the two we thought we were left with.

Ah apologies!

To paraphrase Velma - "I can't see without my glasses!" - Don't know how I missed that, sorry.

But yeah, you're right. Sounds like there's more than one pred here.

PredBabe

PredBabe

It's also pluralised.

Spoiler
[close]

Could the article just be wording it weird? I thought it was just down to Captured and the Upgrade. Captured's armor is sleek as mentioned in the article. Then again it looks like the Upgrade lands a huge ship to only be housing itself (though they did cut out the spider creatures).

If it's the captured predator then I wonder if I was right about Casey being the one to point it out that he's a she (since SKB refers to Captured as a male in the trailer).

I'm not crazy hearing that the Predators are butt hurt because people keep besting them.  They know the risks and it doesn't add up with how things play out at the end of P2. Though maybe it's just a certain group of them like some of you mentioned.

Tetsujin

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

It's also pluralised.

Spoiler
[close]

Someone might have been on facebook, seeing a comment that it looks feminine and just ran with it.

I take this with a grain of salt the size of a can of beer.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Goddamn it Corporal, we desperately need some rumor control man. The news is hitting the fan and flying everywhere!

And it sounds utterly wacky.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

*sigh*

Spoiler
RIP Fugitive Predator, you never had a chance to be more than cannon fodder to make a stupid idea look good. At least you looked cool.

:-\
[close]

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jul 19, 2018, 09:39:16 PM
It's also pluralised.

Spoiler
[close]

Someone might have been on facebook, seeing a comment that it looks feminine and just ran with it.

I take this with a grain of salt the size of a can of beer.

Yes, I'm with you there.  Very irresponsible reporting, if that's the case.  I'm not going to believe it until we get real confirmation, because I'd think we would know for sure by now if that was the case.  That'd be kind of big news, just like it'd be big if there were actually three instead of the two we thought were left after the cuts  ???  Utterly wacky indeed.

Ramjet311

Ramjet311

Silly question but Have the scenes they showed at Comicon leaked onlineas yet?

ace3g

Huggs

Huggs

Poor captured. Or as he'll forever be known soon, "girly predator".

germanator2

germanator2

While everyone is talking about the footage, no one has really commented on the poster. I dig it! It's cool, but also disturbing, but in a good way! The Predator is obviously a cool and badass movie villain, but a lot what it does, especially taking skulls for trophies is sick and horrible and creepy, and the poster really captures that

ace3g

ace3g

About 2 hours to go until The Predator cast is on Conan.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed