The Predator @ Comic-Con

Started by ace3g, Jun 20, 2018, 12:17:30 AM

Author
The Predator @ Comic-Con (Read 100,178 times)

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: ace3g on Jul 20, 2018, 01:11:22 AM
About 2 hours to go until The Predator cast is on Conan.
What Network is he on again?

YTL_Hunter_H2

YTL_Hunter_H2

I'm warming up to this especially since they say 2 sequels have been set up by this movie. Hoping it goes well

In regards to the poster is it just me or do the dreads look like a xeno tail?

Olivia Nunn SK Brown and KMK did an interview posted on YouTube 3 hrs ago https://youtu.be/9A_IMd2CzlY

ace3g

ace3g

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Jul 20, 2018, 01:43:32 AM
Quote from: ace3g on Jul 20, 2018, 01:11:22 AM
About 2 hours to go until The Predator cast is on Conan.
What Network is he on again?

TBS (10 p.m. CST/ 11 EST)

D88M

D88M

Too sterile, it looks like the AVP ship with a little rust on it, i dont like it, the same applies to the Predator.

Who wrote the description of the first scene? That was VERY confusing to understand, also i am sick of "witty" dialogue, but whatever. The poster is really cool, all of the poster have been nice so far. And i really really do hope we some day get a GOOD avp movie, sounds like it could be in the works.

ace3g

ace3g

In that first video KMK mentions Yautja Prime in passing - maybe we get more glimpses of the planet.

Conan starting now.

PredBabe

PredBabe

I thought they'd at least play one clip shown at Comic-Con but no.  >:(

Tetsujin

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 19, 2018, 11:37:22 PM
Poor captured. Or as he'll forever be known soon, "girly predator".

damn right man

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 19, 2018, 10:04:24 PM
Goddamn it Corporal, we desperately need some rumor control man. The news is hitting the fan and flying everywhere!

And it sounds utterly wacky.

I asked Nick since he was at the panel -

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 20, 2018, 07:02:29 AM
Nick said a fan asked a question whether it was female or not. They responded in a jokey way. He's surprised CBR ran with that one given the tone.

Quote from: Ramjet311 on Jul 19, 2018, 11:00:36 PM
Silly question but Have the scenes they showed at Comicon leaked onlineas yet?

No and I don't expect them too. I'll try to ask PR if there's any plans to release the footage online but usually they maintain some event exclusive footage.

RidgeTop should have recorded the Conan interview so hopefully we'll find out what happened in that.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/predator-stars-sterling-k-brown-keegan-michael-key-reveal-arnold-schwarzenegger-impressions-at-comic-1128617

QuoteThe dueling impressions began after the cast discussed doing impressions of YouTube videos on sets, at which point host Conan O'Brien remarked that he was surprised they weren't all trying their hand at Schwarzenegger's classic line, "Get to the chopper!"

"That line is in there," multiple members of the cast said at once, referring to the upcoming film. "The line is in the movie and we're mercilessly doing impressions all the time," star Keegan-Michael Key added, before doing his own rendition of the classic line.

God damn reused dialogue!!  >:(

QuoteBlack elaborated, "What we strove for was a predator that's been bred as an assassin, so he incorporates traits from other species. So this one opens off his mouth really big and bites off your head."

Doesn't sound like too much of interest came out of Conan.

https://screenrant.com/predator-costume-actor-design-practical/?utm_content=buffer4b101&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=SR-TW&utm_campaign=SR-TW

Nothing really in this one either. Some compliments about Prince's performance as Fugitive -

QuoteIn an exclusive interview with Rhodes during San Diego Comic-Con 2018, Screen Rant discovered that the combination of Prince and the Predator prosthetics turned out to be a success. Rhodes explained that he not only appreciated and respected the craft of his fellow co-stars during what he described as "a long shoot," but also the technical accomplishment that Prince brought to the movie. He said:

"We were there for awhile. It was a long shoot. To have that with guys that you appreciate and respect their artistry and their craft and then you see them come into the person and be the person. And then we have a practical Predator! (...) Brian Prince, he's 6'10 (...) does parkour. It's perfect. The whole experience was just unparalleled."

https://www.wired.com/story/comic-con-predator-panel/?mbid=social_fb

QuoteYet the biggest skill on display was Jane's foot-free lifestyle (the actor explained that he spent years in a shoeless society, and was kicked out after wearing shoes to a restaurant). It was a moment that made everyone in the room think: Are you for real? "As a black man who has fought really hard to get good tennis shoes," said Sterling, "and to have good coverage on both of his feet. I'm like, this is a white man who's just like, 'My feet are tough enough.'" Whether they're tough enough to help The Predator crew outrun the enemy remains to be seen.

I gotta admit the more I learn about Thomas Jane personally, the more I find him intriguing!  :laugh:

https://www.cbr.com/predator-return-franchise-humor/

Interesting article on the humour in the original Predator

QuoteWith a cast of testosterone-fueled actors led by action icon Arnold Schwarzenegger, 1987's Predator features humor that's mostly a product of its era. Escalating competitions of machismo pepper the entire first half of the film, from super-jacked handshakes to boastful one-liners, including Jesse "The Body" Ventura's character describing himself as "a goddamn sexual Tyrannosaurus." The usual '80s action trope of the star dropping a pun or joke immediately before or after dispatching nameless foes is front and center. Interestingly, Black himself appears, early in his filmmaking career, as a supporting character who can't (by design) tell a joke to save his life, although though it never stops him from trying.

And when Schwarzenegger's Dutch finally comes face to unmasked-face with the titular alien hunter that's been pursuing him, it's built up as a scary encounter. However, Dutch undercuts the terror of the reveal by observing his extraterrestrial enemy is "one ugly motherf**ker."

In a way, that moment perfectly encapsulates what the entire film is about: a blend of action, science fiction and horror, but with liberal doses of humor. Predator makes the out-of-this-world premise more palatable by injecting it with a sense of fun. That's something most of the sequels and spinoffs miss out on.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 20, 2018, 07:22:51 AM
No and I don't expect them too. I'll try to ask PR if there's any plans to release the footage online but usually they maintain some event exclusive footage.

I still hope somebody managed to record the footage and leaks it. ;D :P

UPDATE!

A more detailed descripton about the fight between Upgrade and Fugitive.
Spoiler
The Ultimate Predator slams the Predator into a parked car, immobilizing him. As the Predator lies there hurting, the Ultimate Predator rips off his victim's helmet and proceeds to literally punch his face in until shiny, green blood oozes out. The Ultimate Predator then rips his prey's head off, holding it aloft as the humans flee in the RV. Munn and Holbrook's characters watch all this through the RV window as they speed away and she wonders aloud about how the Predators are hunting each other now.
[close]

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/07/19/we-saw-the-ultimate-predator-decapitate-a-predator-at-comic-con-2018

UPDATE #2

Okay, it seems that this gives a little more to it:
Spoiler
The second clip that played in Hall H was much more along the lines of the kind of action and style that fans are hoping for. Boyd Holbrook, Olivia Munn, and Jacob Tremblay are hiding in what appears to be a school. There's the ominous stomping of a Predator coming towards them from outside, causing Holbrook and Munn to draw their guns. Suddenly, there's a Predator inside, grabbing Holbrook and slamming him up against a window by the throat. He struggles from a moment until suddenly, as we've seen in the NBA Finals spot for The Predator, he's grabbed by something much bigger through the window.
It's a Predator that is much taller and muscular than the masked, armored Predator who grabbed Holbrook. The big one throws him into the parking lot like a rag doll. The rest of the soldiers are waiting outside armed with guns, but this bigger Predator isn't concerned with these humans.
The smaller Predator tries to fight back, but his bladed gauntlets have no effect on this superior beast. He picks him up and slams him onto the roof of a station wagon. He's down for the count. But Mega Predator isn't done yet. After making a signature clicking growl that has a much deeper vocal register, he rips off his opponent's mask, punches his face, and finishes by tearing off his head, complete with spine attached. Green blood drips everywhere, and Shane Black says it will be even bloodier than what was shown here in Hall H.
The entire human crew makes a getaway in an RV and the Mega Predator looks on at them as they drive away. Olivia Munn wonders out loud, "They're hunting each other now?"
[close]

https://www.slashfilm.com/the-predator-comic-con-footage/

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

Corporal Hicks

Yautja_Warrior

Yautja_Warrior

Still not a fan of the classic being easily killed off, hopefully it gets some good scenes and kills in the first half of the movie.

I'm liking the sound of the character dialogue exchange though, I'm fine with the movie being funny if it makes the characters more memorable and gives the movie some personality. Nothing worse than a movie where you don't give a shit about any of the characters.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

So the hunt has evolved in that Predators have evolved to hunt their own kind? Wa...da... did the man even watch "Predators"? I'm seriously all up for renaming this movie Predators 2.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed