The Predator @ Comic-Con

Started by ace3g, Jun 20, 2018, 12:17:30 AM

Author
The Predator @ Comic-Con (Read 99,949 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

So that could mean they dropped the climate change aspect of the story ? No more upgrading for survival, but upgrading to stop getting your ass kicked by humans ? Weird, but could be interesting depending on how they'll introduce it... I'll stay open till i see the film, as always  ;D

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 19, 2018, 08:10:35 PM
Snip

Space Americans.
Perhaps Shane Black is taking the whole "redneck space alien" thing literally.

Lionhart

Lionhart

so did they reveal that the bigger pred killed the captured? wtf

The Old One

The Old One

Seems like it, unless Shane Black is taking trailer-lying to a whole new level.

yautjapet

yautjapet

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 19, 2018, 08:05:35 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Jul 19, 2018, 08:03:07 PM

I never said he wasn't a good hunter, but once he finally lost he chose to go out as a sore loser.

Maybe that's simply Predator philosophy- take your killer out as you collapse into the grave if you can.
Or perhaps he was simply wiping out the evidence of his existence and didn't care if his prey survived or not.

I guess that's what I always figured, that it was a combination of seppuku-like suicide in the face of defeat + destroying the evidence.

Lalo

Lalo

That's kinda disappointing it just seems like a rehash predator fight from predators. I thought it be a more better fight through the movie not just hype up the fugitive pred only to get jobbed by the upgrade. But maybe there are more then one predator but while have to wait and see

Russ840

Russ840

https://www.cbr.com/the-predator-female-predators/

Here we are with what looks like a confirmation on female predators

MudButt

MudButt

Interesting. I'm not seeing any specific dialogue referencing a gender. Perhaps we'll have to wait to see the movie to find out.

Russ840

Russ840

True. But they must be confident to run a specific article.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

No proof at all, based solely on appearance once again.

"Look ! It has breasts plate and a thinner appearance ! Must be a female duh "

:laugh:

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 19, 2018, 06:13:16 PM
Spoiler
Just saw a scene where the super Predator fights the normal Predator and the battle ends with the super Predator brutally ripping off the normal Predator's head and backbone.
[close]
Very surprised they showed that this early!

Yes, very strange.
I wonder what "battle" means here... I hope it's not just slamming Fugitive into the car.

Wysps

Wysps

It's pretty ballsy of them to state that it's a female without verifiable proof, other than what was shown in the clips.

Russ840

Russ840

It is. But like I have said. They do get things wrong a lot. Although that is usually details within an article and not the actual headline itself.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: Lalo on Jul 19, 2018, 08:22:43 PM
That's kinda disappointing it just seems like a rehash predator fight from predators. I thought it be a more better fight through the movie not just hype up the fugitive pred only to get jobbed by the upgrade.

MAN, I hope this is aint true

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

It's also pluralised.

"The will will introduce female Predators".

Could it be there's more to it and we get another ship scene like in P2? Might explain the extensive re-shoots.

Or is it more likely that it'll just be Treager/Keyes alluding to the fact that they've had/seen two genders of the species?

As there'd have to be a visual cue for the audience and, sadly, I think that'd be breasts. It's just the more obvious choice for cinema.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed