The Predator @ Comic-Con

Started by ace3g, Jun 20, 2018, 12:17:30 AM

Author
The Predator @ Comic-Con (Read 98,393 times)

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: MudButt on Jul 19, 2018, 07:10:05 PM
I think people are upset because he said some of the Predators back on their planet are upset because two champions got beat. Well it's probably the same faction that he says are not opposed to upgrading themselves to be stronger hunters. Like I said before, Jungle Hunter literally got mad that he lost and decided to blow everything up. I'd bet he would've been one of those hunters upgrading himself if he had won.

Exactly. After taking enough Ls across the galaxy I can see some of the Preds going nuts.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 19, 2018, 07:03:13 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Jul 19, 2018, 06:43:46 PM
https://www.cbr.com/sdcc-2018-predator-shane-black/

Comic book resource is making the claim that 'Fugitive' is female.

Any credibility in that Hicks ?

Skeptical.  I wonder what their source is...doesn't seem like it was mentioned in the interview.

Quote from: Dusk on Jul 19, 2018, 06:48:37 PM
Quote#ThePredator homeworld has sent their two best champions to Earth and they haven't returned. They're pissed.

So yeah... I don't care for this one bit. Isn't the whole point of the hunt to be challenging? If you try to hunt challenging prey that's worthy of your time, there is, you know, the risk of dying. So why would they be pissed? And why would be Predator in the 2nd Movie even reward Harrigan, if killing their champions is some sort of affront?

Yeah, that part's kind of...hmm.  Surely they're referring to something else?

They have people in attendance.

They do often get things wrong though

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: MudButt on Jul 19, 2018, 07:10:05 PM
I think people are upset because he said some of the Predators back on their planet are upset because two champions got beat. Well it's probably the same faction that he says are not opposed to upgrading themselves to be stronger hunters. Like I said before, Jungle Hunter literally got mad that he lost and decided to blow everything up. I'd bet he would've been one of those hunters upgrading himself if he had won.

I can get on board with this.  Definitely don't see JH or CH as "champions", but if one or both were a part of that particular faction then that would make sense.  It certainly goes along with how both behaved towards the end of their fights. 

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: black on Jul 19, 2018, 07:12:52 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Jul 19, 2018, 06:51:15 PM
Yeah, but the first Predator literally busted a cheap move and tried to blow everything up because he lost. I get the feeling these Predators don't exactly play by their own rules which have never been laid out clearly anyways.

Quote from: Hollywood on Jul 19, 2018, 06:49:58 PM
Quote from: black on Jul 19, 2018, 06:47:19 PM
After Black's statement about the AVP, I lost faith completely. :(

I think he's trying to not alienate fans of avp but still saying his film wont acknowledge those movies.

He said there won't be any Xenomorphs in the movie, he's just saying AvP "happened". I doubt the movie will acknowledge it much with any dialogue.
I have enough of this statement to understand that he does not care about both universes. It's a pity that Ridley Scott did not make the same references to the Predator.

Well Ridley most likely hated the idea of AvP and wanted to stay far away from those movies. I don't blame him, those movies were not liked by fans anyways.

Beans81

Beans81

Wasn't CH considered a young predator? I seem to recall that or I maybe thinking of another....so him being a champion doesn't fit (if so)

HumanPredator

HumanPredator

Mudbutt,

Yeah but jungle hunter was really good..look how many people he took out.  Also didn't Anna say that this happened every year...he would come back.. He killed a lot of dudes...one dude got lucky.  Chill out Preds. I don't see the Predator in Predator 2 a champion...he really didn't seem badass to me.  so once again..chill out preds

black

black

Quote from: MudButt on Jul 19, 2018, 07:23:01 PM
Quote from: black on Jul 19, 2018, 07:12:52 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Jul 19, 2018, 06:51:15 PM
Yeah, but the first Predator literally busted a cheap move and tried to blow everything up because he lost. I get the feeling these Predators don't exactly play by their own rules which have never been laid out clearly anyways.

Quote from: Hollywood on Jul 19, 2018, 06:49:58 PM
Quote from: black on Jul 19, 2018, 06:47:19 PM
After Black's statement about the AVP, I lost faith completely. :(

I think he's trying to not alienate fans of avp but still saying his film wont acknowledge those movies.

He said there won't be any Xenomorphs in the movie, he's just saying AvP "happened". I doubt the movie will acknowledge it much with any dialogue.
I have enough of this statement to understand that he does not care about both universes. It's a pity that Ridley Scott did not make the same references to the Predator.

Well Ridley most likely hated the idea of AvP and wanted to stay far away from those movies. I don't blame him, those movies were not liked by fans anyways.

I also thought about Shane, but he decided again to pervert the universe of Aliens and Predators.

The Old One

The Old One

You haven't even seen the film yet.

yautjapet

yautjapet

Skeptical.  I wonder what their source is...doesn't seem like it was mentioned in the interview.

That same article says that the sizzle reel showed a "variety of predators," which doesn't square with what we know... that and the female comment makes me wonder if the writer is just making assumptions.

Edited to add: just saw this article, though I'm not seeing any actual evidence of this claim.
https://www.cbr.com/the-predator-female-predators/

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: HumanPredator on Jul 19, 2018, 07:31:36 PM
Mudbutt,

Yeah but jungle hunter was really good..look how many people he took out.  Also didn't Anna say that this happened every year...he would come back.. He killed a lot of dudes...one dude got lucky.  Chill out Preds. I don't see the Predator in Predator 2 a champion...he really didn't seem badass to me.  so once again..chill out preds

I mentioned earlier that it's possible they could be referring to the two friendlies that were removed from the original script after the reshoots. Maybe the final film will still make reference to them, but not exactly "show" them. Or it's likely that they indeed are referring to CH and JH, even though they didn't come across as "the best". (Especially CH...goodness)

Quote from: yautjapet on Jul 19, 2018, 07:52:01 PM

That same article says that the sizzle reel showed a "variety of predators," which doesn't square with what we know... that and the female comment makes me wonder if the writer is just making assumptions.

Edited to add: just saw this article, though I'm not seeing any actual evidence of this claim.
https://www.cbr.com/the-predator-female-predators/

I think they said the evidence came from one of the clips. But that's kind of important news - I feel like someone would have tweeted about it if it was that obvious  :-\ If it is true, it looks like they're going the Bg Mama route and keeping the males and females somewhat similar in appearance. (Even though I continue to have a sneaking suspicion the Fugitive would be female, I'm still not completely satisfied given the lack of evidence in the article.)

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: HumanPredator on Jul 19, 2018, 07:31:36 PM
Mudbutt,

I never said he wasn't a good hunter, but once he finally lost he chose to go out as a sore loser.

yautjapet

yautjapet

Yeah, I'm assuming Fugitive is male, but it wouldn't shock me if "he" turned out to be a "she." Based on how the clips have been described, I can't think of anything in them that would indicate a female reveal, other than a) someone making assumptions based on the armor shape, as has been discussed here, or b) someone using a she pronoun to refer to the pred.

The Old One

The Old One

JH I could perhaps buy as an experienced Hunter that got a little too arrogant near the end of his hunt and therefore died laughing about it.

CH? No way no how is that one a champion, he's a hooligan and I'm sure most can agree- those that regard that film positively and negatively alike.

Quote from: MudButt on Jul 19, 2018, 08:03:07 PM

I never said he wasn't a good hunter, but once he finally lost he chose to go out as a sore loser.

Maybe that's simply Predator philosophy- take your killer out as you collapse into the grave if you can.
Or perhaps he was simply wiping out the evidence of his existence and didn't care if his prey survived or not.

Lalo

Lalo

I guess fugitive pred while play a small role then get's one shot by up grade pred

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Omfg... the hunt is nothing more than prime time entertainment beamed home for the general predator audience's enjoyment
Spoiler
. Well that still sounds better than the excuse that two of their best with far superior technology were beaten and that this somehow got the predators panties all bunched up. It's far too American for my taste. Conquered space my ass.
[close]

Also knew that predator was a chick.

Put the spoiler just in case.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed