Sad after watching Aliens

Started by Billiken, Dec 27, 2020, 11:03:53 PM

Author
Sad after watching Aliens (Read 12,496 times)

Billiken

Billiken

I know this is bizarre considering the tone and excitement of aliens but after I watch it, I'm overcome with sadness. I think it's the fact the characters are so great and there is so much world building and in terms of sequels was never explored like it should have. I love Horner's score. It really brings on some emotions too. Anyone else feel like this??

Nightmare Asylum

Nah. Aliens set the precedent for each sequel to kind of 'reinvent' the style of the series, which is one of my favorite things about Alien as a franchise, and each subsequent film so far has really continued to do that. Some work better than others, sure, but so far every film (outside of the AVP crossovers) has done something that's interested me on some level.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Billiken on Dec 27, 2020, 11:03:53 PM
I know this is bizarre considering the tone and excitement of aliens but after I watch it, I'm overcome with sadness. I think it's the fact the characters are so great and there is so much world building and in terms of sequels was never explored like it should have. I love Horner's score. It really brings on some emotions too. Anyone else feel like this??

Billiken

Billiken

I think people might not get my point. What I was trying to say was the movie is so great, I just never want it to end. It was a world I fell in love with. Characters and all

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 27, 2020, 11:37:45 PM
Quote from: Billiken on Dec 27, 2020, 11:03:53 PM

https://media3.giphy.com/media/uSTvEZshKlexO/giphy.gif

judge death

judge death

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 12, 2019, 03:55:34 PM
Hell, they could have given each cryotube its own personal escape pod and written the story so that only Ripley's crashed on Fury while the others didn't.

No Hicks.  No Newt.  No pointless deaths.  Ripley gets her solo adventure.  Mission accomplished.

Necronomicon II

There are no happy endings in the Alien universe, unless you're pro-David  🤣  One does not simply survive the alien...

SM

SM

Quote from: Billiken on Dec 27, 2020, 11:46:17 PM
I think people might not get my point. What I was trying to say was the movie is so great, I just never want it to end. It was a world I fell in love with. Characters and all

Nah it's about the right length.

Billiken

Billiken

I know I'm weird but I just love this movie so much. It really shaped my childhood and I'm just trying to get that back which I know is impossible.

SM

SM

Nostalgia ain't a crime.

Immortan Jonesy

You are not alone, you are all of us! 🙃

😅🤔

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Billiken on Dec 28, 2020, 01:12:38 AM
I know I'm weird but I just love this movie so much. It really shaped my childhood and I'm just trying to get that back which I know is impossible.

If only there was like, a good version of Aliens: Colonial Marines

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Heh, yeah, but I was never too thrilled about the rewriting Alien 3 idea.  So I'd rather a video game than a movie.  :D

Kradan

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed