In your opinion do you think Alien 3 killed the franchise?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Aug 29, 2019, 09:56:05 AM

Author
In your opinion do you think Alien 3 killed the franchise? (Read 33,917 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Alien Primordial Origin on Dec 17, 2019, 01:27:37 AMSome Alien 3 fan (that trying too hard to be edgy) say they can't handle the good ending of Aliens. Because Alien universe is cold and dark blah blah blah , So don't expected anything positive about the fate of the characters.
Well f**k that!  I tell you what , Alien 3 is the first film in the franchise that have a bad ending. While both Alien and Aliens have a good ending.

I love that the third film's ending is so bleak. Movies almost always have happy endings, but in reality life is often pretty shitty. Alien 3 reflects that, and even now it's refreshingly ballsy how it offs its star character.

Not to mention the conclusion manages to be quite uplifting despite being so downbeat.

Quote from: Alien Primordial Origin on Dec 17, 2019, 01:27:37 AMMany Alien fan who defend Alien 3 are actually hate it. They lie to themself by saying they like it just to suppress their dissapointment and hatred of the film.

This made me lol.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 17, 2019, 07:33:57 AM
Quote from: Alien Primordial Origin on Dec 17, 2019, 01:54:36 AM
My statement is the FACT. Because I personally know plenty of Alien fan who hate Alien 3. but they say they like it just to supress their dissapointment of the film. I never refer it to any member of the forum.

Your generalisation does refer to everyone on the forum. Let's avoid them. It's not fact, you speak for a small pool of people you happen to know. I can't say I know a single person who defends Alien 3 because they secretly hate it.

Another in denial. *sigh*

Sit down Hicks.  Come, let's explore why you secretly suppress your disappointment with the film. 

But first, let's talk about your childhood...

Spoiler
;D
[close]

Kradan

Kradan

Of course Hicks hates 3. Damn, he lost his head in that one .

Quote from: Alien Primordial Origin on Dec 17, 2019, 01:27:37 AM
Some Alien 3 fan (that trying too hard to be edgy) say they can't handle the good ending of Aliens. Because Alien universe is cold and dark blah blah blah , So don't expected anything positive about the fate of the characters.
Well f**k that!  I tell you what , Alien 3 is the first film in the franchise that have a bad ending. While both Alien and Aliens have a good ending..

You have a point actually

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, but that's a positive not a negative.

Stitch

Many Alien fan who defend Alien 3 are actually hate it. They lie to themself by saying they like it just to suppress their dissapointment and hatred of the film.
Personally, A3 is my favourite of the series.

The Old One

The Old One

I'd say so also, if Alien didn't exist.

Kradan

Many Alien fan who defend Alien 3 are actually hate it. They lie to themself by saying they like it just to suppress their dissapointment and hatred of the film.

That's just embarassing statement . " I don't like it so you can't like it. Even if you like it you're just pretending and lying to yourself. That's the FACT ". Ugh

Beatnation

Beatnation

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 17, 2019, 10:42:32 AM
Quote from: Alien Primordial Origin on Dec 17, 2019, 01:27:37 AMSome Alien 3 fan (that trying too hard to be edgy) say they can't handle the good ending of Aliens. Because Alien universe is cold and dark blah blah blah , So don't expected anything positive about the fate of the characters.
Well f**k that!  I tell you what , Alien 3 is the first film in the franchise that have a bad ending. While both Alien and Aliens have a good ending.

I love that the third film's ending is so bleak. Movies almost always have happy endings, but in reality life is often pretty shitty. Alien 3 reflects that, and even now it's refreshingly ballsy how it offs its star character.

Not to mention the conclusion manages to be quite uplifting despite being so downbeat.

Quote from: Alien Primordial Origin on Dec 17, 2019, 01:27:37 AMMany Alien fan who defend Alien 3 are actually hate it. They lie to themself by saying they like it just to suppress their dissapointment and hatred of the film.

This made me lol.

100% agree, people around here still bitter that the turd that was going to be Alien 5 from Blomhack never happened, Alien 3 -Assembly Cut- is a masterpiece.

Btw I had a field day reading all the "bUt aLiEnS wAs tHe LaSt oF tHe FrAnChIsE"... my goodness talking about being disconnect from reality.

SM

SM

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 17, 2019, 04:03:09 PM

That's just embarassing statement . " I don't like it so you can't like it. Even if you like it you're just pretending and lying to yourself. That's the FACT ". Ugh

If you're going to completely misrepresent what someone said, it's best not to quote them.

QuoteAlien 3 -Assembly Cut- is a masterpiece.

lol

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on May 21, 2019, 11:30:01 AM
Many fans deify Alien 3 to a ridiculous extent.

Rankles75

Threads like this are pretty unnecessary in all honesty, as they usually end up devolving into slanging matches (this one doesn't seem to be an exception).

Local Trouble

Immortan Jonesy

I'm still waiting for my well deserved "oh man! a hyperbole totally ripped into this thread and destroyed everything!" of the day  8)

SM

Immortan Jonesy

Being a target for trolls must be a complicated profession.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed