AvP Requiem Box Office Figures

Started by Darkness, Dec 26, 2007, 11:36:39 PM

Author
AvP Requiem Box Office Figures (Read 24,981 times)

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Boostedlsj, alien fan's are upset because the alien's were seriously nerfed. They were physically weak and fairly un-intelligent compared to what they're suppose to be. That's why. Not only that, they had about four stupidly missed opportunities to kill Wolf. Instead of impaling him, they decide it's better to give him a good swat.   ::)    Elite or not, it was unrealistic to send only one predator to deal with an alien infestation all by his lonesome. An entire clan of elite preds would've been far more believable. Nerfing the aliens was they only way "The Brothers Strause" could use one badass predator for the majority of the film.  Anyone else wonder why in the world the one injured pred in the beginning sent a distress signal rather than setting his self destruct sequence?   ::)    This isn't to say I hated the film. On the contrary, I rather enjoyed it. Was just really disappointed for reasons already mentioned. I have to say I prefer the first film.

chewy85d

chewy85d

avp-r numbers from  movies.yahoo.com 26.9 million total 10.5 fri-sunday

Max

Max

They can easily leave the franchise at AVPR, the same way they ditched Predator at P2 and Alien at AR.  Fox should cut its losses and stop the AvP movies here.  AvP is a great concept for games and comics, but the concept just doesn't work on film.  I hope Fox realizes this.  Ridley Scott doing a 5th Alien film would set everything right though.  I don't consider the AvP movies as serious Alien films, and I'd love to see a real Alien film in theaters some time.

skinned alive

skinned alive

I wish they would bring Joansey the cat back and have it kick some alien butt! Aliens vs. Joansey.

Greenband

Greenband

The Associated Press released this estimate of box office sales tonight (Sunday):  -------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------ Other films that debuted on Christmas had solid weekends. "Alien vs. Predator: Requiem," a sci-fi horror sequel from 20th Century Fox, took in $10.05 million, raising its total since opening day to $26.9 million. Sony's Loch Ness monster fantasy "The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep" grossed $9.2 million and lifted its sum to $16.8 million.  Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Media By Numbers LLC. Final figures will be released Wednesday.  1. "National Treasure: Book of Secrets," $35.6 million. 2. "Alvin and the Chipmunks," $30 million. 3. "I Am Legend," $27.5 million. 4. "Charlie Wilson's War," $11.8 million. 5. "Juno," $10.3 million. 6. "Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem," $10.05 million. 7. "The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep," $9.2 million. 8. "P.S. I Love You," $9.1 million. 9. "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street," $8 million. 10. "Enchanted," $6.5 million. -------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------

Greenband

Greenband

Additionally, Rotten Tomatoes has posted a bit more infomration:   http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/national_treasure_book_of_secrets/news/1700354/2.php  --------------------------------------- Opening in sixth place was the sci-fi action sequel Alien vs Predator: Requiem with an estimated $10.1M over the weekend and $26.9M over the six-day debut period since its Christmas Day launch on Tuesday. Attacking 2,611 sites, the R-rated pic averaged a mild $3,849 and skewed male to nobody's surprise. The six-day bow still fell short of the $38.3M three-day opening of 2004's Alien vs. Predator which carried a PG-13 rating and launched in the late summer period.

Deco

Deco

The film was pure trash folks. Im reading posts saying that it was as good as 'PREDATOR' and 'ALIENS' - my God....what is wrong with you.

YAUTJA

YAUTJA

was that supposed 2 b an insult MEMPHIS? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Maximus

Maximus

Deco, I think the people who say crap like that are mainly pre-teens and teens with ADD who never sat through the original films.

Rafael S.

Rafael S.

Changing of coment; there is a new Wolf vs. Chet diaroma on EBay.  http://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-1-6-AVP-R-Predalien-vs-Predator-dio rama-statue_W0QQitemZ120201996888QQihZ002QQc ategoryZ348QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZView Item?_trksid=p1638.m118

Dasara II

Dasara II

The International Stats are looking O.K. especially considering that AVPR has not yet opened in every country yet.  Over 15 mil so far :)  http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2007/AVSP2.php

atomic punk

atomic punk

i've got a question for anyone to answer?do ou remember how the alien was trying to inpregnate the woan he atacked?take a good guess or watch the film again?anyway the pred.was a bit thin in the legs.he being a liard type crustation would have bigger thighs and calves to jump from place to place like in the first 2 movies.upperbody was perfect.all the aliens moved way to slow.one quick glance and there on you.

Ok7

Ok7

25-1 December-January  Total in USA-$30,655,000   :D  

O.W.L.F.

O.W.L.F.

to Ok7 :.... that means that AvP: R made 3,8 Mil. on Tuesday because I assume that theaters were closed on Monday ( year-breaking ) in the US....in my country it was like that

hunterD

hunterD

I've seen the film twice and had a few days to think about it. If you come in expecting something as good as aliens or pred 1 you will be upset so don't. This film had enough action for me to enjoy it and I like the blue heat vision and all the proper sounds brought back for both. AVP aliens sounded so crap and for some reason I would love for someone to tell me why is there not one but two elephant noises in avp 1 for the alien?? The preds in avp 1 were way too weak so a tough pred in avp 2 just evens things out, I'm a fan equally of both so no complaining alien fans. Aliens brought in heaps and an oscar and alien 3 had the crap cut out of the budget so you are kidding yourself to say avp 3 will have a bigger budget, if anything smaller. Nothing they do can revamp an idea that has had so many films on it (I'm talking aliens) nothing will bring in the masses just us fans so they give us enough to get our cash. Unless avp 3 is in space let it die!! I say that knowing I'll see and buy on dvd any piece of crap they would throw at me that has aliens or preds in it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed