Thing/Alien crossover

Started by DoomRulz, Jan 31, 2012, 03:03:11 PM

Author
Thing/Alien crossover (Read 53,012 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

This subject came up in "Which crossovers would you like to see?" thread and I thought some of the resident Alien experts could chime in: could a facehugger impregnate the Thing?

Scout

Scout

The Thing could impregnate a facehugger; in russia or otherwise.

The Runner

The Runner

It's possible.

mastermoon

mastermoon

If you are talking about a comic crossover that could work :) as a movie just one big no ::).

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Runner on Jan 31, 2012, 05:01:34 PM
It's possible.
Not really, no. the Thing is a shape-shifter by nature, a facehugger would have about as much luck as trying to impregnate the T-1000.

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 31, 2012, 08:15:38 PM
Quote from: The Runner on Jan 31, 2012, 05:01:34 PM
It's possible.
Not really, no. the Thing is a shape-shifter by nature, a facehugger would have about as much luck as trying to impregnate the T-1000.

Yep and the thing can't infect the alien because its cells would be killed by the acid blood if it tries to assimilate a xenomorph.
so both species cannot infect each other, how amusing.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm not sure I agree with that - the Thing adapts and imitates, I think if it tried to assimilate an Alien by duplicating its exoskeleton (which is immune to the Alien's acid) then the acid would become a non-issue.

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 31, 2012, 09:47:05 PM
I'm not sure I agree with that - the Thing adapts and imitates, I think if it tried to assimilate an Alien by duplicating its exoskeleton (which is immune to the Alien's acid) then the acid would become a non-issue.

The exoskeleton is a different story to the internal workings and to even replicate the exoskeleton in the first place it would need to infect a xenomorph with its cells which would be destroyed upon entering the body. The thing can't just imitate things, it needs to assimilate them first.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Unless Ridely has some surprises for us in Prometheus, The Thing is the superior organism on a molecular level. Making any confrontation rather one sided.

Doesn't mean that it couldn't be done well in the right hands.

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Feb 01, 2012, 12:41:01 AM
Unless Ridely has some surprises for us in Prometheus, The Thing is the superior organism on a molecular level. Making any confrontation rather one sided.

but its cells are still a "alive" like other animals even if they act different and since alien acid can completely melt a living animal, then the things infectious cells have no chance.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Feb 01, 2012, 12:56:44 AM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Feb 01, 2012, 12:41:01 AM

but its cells are still a "alive" like other animals even if they act different and since alien acid can completely melt a living animal, then the things infectious cells have no chance.

It would replicate the chemicals that comprise acid, becoming acid.

I imagine The Thing takeover of an alien hive would go as smoothly has the take over of the dog kennel. Only a lot more interesting to watch. 

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

i honestly doubt it though, the alien acid is so potent the cells of the thing would be destroyed in seconds upon entering the body which leaves no time for replication.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

The Thing doesn't rip you apart like a cheesy bean and rice burrito then put you back together like puzzle. It absorbs you from the outside in. Adsorbing the Aliens exoskeleton (which is acid resistant) would be the 1st and only step needed to avoid/nullify the acid defense.

MacReady: "Check Mate."

I'll just wait for someone else to chime in on this one. Someone who understands the chemical background of acid and how it can be chemically copied by science but not by science fiction. 

The Runner

The Runner

What if the thing assimilated a Xenomorph and somehow got connected to the Xenomorph hive mind?

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Feb 01, 2012, 01:16:41 AM
The Thing doesn't rip you apart like a cheesy bean and rice burrito then put you back together like puzzle. It absorbs you from the outside in. Adsorbing the Aliens exoskeleton (which is acid resistant) would be the 1st and only step needed to avoid/nullify the acid defense.

MacReady: "Check Mate."

I'll just wait for someone else to chime in on this one. Someone who understands the chemical background of acid and how it can be chemically copied by science but not by science fiction.

well tell us how a simple cell will penetrate an exoskeleton/endoskeleton?
i ain't a scientist but i really doubt a living biological cell can mesh, copy and replicate the concentrated acid of xenomorphs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed